IDW for September 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gridlock1987, Jun 16, 2010.

1. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Mabye Pardon bot's?

2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Transformers have their own Samurai clan... who knew?

They look very Gundam-esque...

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Digging the cover for Drift 2, they look quite Gundammy.

Also digging the whole Thundercracker goes all Armada Starscream development.

I wish they'd let Donfig draw the movie comics in the style her used for the first run of ongoing - that was very detailed and movie like but still well defined, whereas most of the movie comics tend to be pretty much draw the main components of the robot body and the outline and fill the rest with scribble.

4. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

are those Drifts Cover A or B?

or are they finally going with 1 cover?

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how the samurai robots look like stereotypical Japanese mecha, pretty good idea to be honest.

6. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

kinda looks like thundercracker shot down vortex....drift looks good , i see sunstreakers face in the background....wonder whats that about....

7. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Yay. More perfectly good characters getting killed off, huge plotholes and general bad storylines, courtesy of IDW Publishing.

The only thing on this list that I can honestly say I'm looking forward to is the S7 mini-series.

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I never imagined I'd be looking forward to a ROTF comic more then the G1 one.

Drift #2's cover - I would have thought that is some generic japanese manga cover if there wasn't a TF tag on it...

As for ongoing #11, YAY for Costa ruining the whole slow escalation war Simon has been building up slowly to a great conclusion. We have been shown what incredible power even a prototype Gestalt (Monstructor) had but also at what cost, now Gestalts are coming out of the woodwork and promptly getting defeated every second issue. With that speed, we are gonna get Unicron at #20 or they'll run out of credible threats and will have to bring back Lord Chumley.

That said, I have no fear - they cannot ruin the poor Predacons any worse then they did in Shame McCarthy's Spotlight Tracks... erm Jazz. ("You know that in the end the bad guys gonna mess up and fail, and a helicopter will arrive to save the day... Because we are all FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! YAY!")

I'd love that. 22 pages of Headstrong doing things HIS way and ignoring all friendly advice, orders, even threats from his superiors, only to end up facing Optimus Prime in the end to the great surprise of everyone, just like he intended. CLIFFJUMPER...erm, HANGER!

I'll chalk it up to the list along the Spotlight: Blot (aka Blotlight) we at Transfans decided needs to be done one day. Who knows? Best First always said he wants to have a story about Guzzle, and how tough that Sparkabot is, and guess what - LSTOW showed us it is true. :) 

9. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spotlight Jazz wasn't writen by Shane:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Spotlight:_Jazz#Items_of_note

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    September IDW releases

From the Tip

I don't want to wait until September to read LSOTW :( 

Looking forward to that trade regardless :)