IDW for September 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gridlock1987, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW Solicitations for September 2010 - Headlines - Broken Frontier

Transformers: Drift #1 (of 4)
    Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
    What was it that caused one of the DECEPTICON’s most ruthless soldiers to turn his back on them? And what ancient secret lies hidden deep within an alien planet? All this and more as the origin of the newest AUTOBOT, DRIFT, is finally revealed!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99 Expected in-store date: 9/15

Transformers: Drift #2 (of 4)
    Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
    What is the secret behind DRIFT’s startling rescuers? How is it they came to be on the isolated, desert planet and what does this have to do with DRIFT’s future? As DRIFT uncovers answers, he’s suddenly faced with a decision that could alter his life forever!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99 Expected in-store date: 9/29

Transformers #11
    Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Don Figueroa, Guidi (c)
    International Incident, Part 3: It’s Round 2 between AUTOBOTS and COMBATICONS as a wildcard enters the fight, while back in the States, Skywatch takes some extreme—even illegal—measures to even the odds. More gigantic fight scenes by Costa and Guidi! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC • 32 pages • $3.99 Expected in-store date: 9/8

Transformers: Sector 7 #1 (of 5)
    John Barber (w) • Joe Suitor (a) • Josh Nizzi (c) At last—the secret history of the Transformers is finally revealed, through the multigenerational saga of the clandestine spy group code-named SECTOR 7. Events in this series tie directly into all of the massive hit Transformers movies, but trust us when we say—there has never been a movie-tie in comic like this before!
    *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC • 32 pages • $3.99 Expected in-store date: 9/22

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Hrrrm, Sector 7 miniseries, eh? That could be very interesting or fairly boring if it focuses TOO much on the humans.

3. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends. The Prequel book they had for the first movie, Ghosts of Yesterday, focused a lot on the history of S7 and moving Megatron from the Arctic to Nevada, and it was not bad, focusing 60% or so on the humans alone

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that the Predacons for 11???

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    On the cover of issue 11, so... when's Bumblebee gonna suffer the tragic head injury that causes him to be rebuilt with a bug face and turned mute?

Do like Thundercracker looking all Armada Wheeljack, though. That's promising.

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is that thundercracker officially a bot not a con now and the predacons whoop this series is heating up now

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Damn....the Predacons?! I definitely need to get that issue. And yeah Thundercracker's little turn is gonna be interesting coming up soon. Especially if Megs is about time for a comeback.

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That white guy in the foreground of Drift issue 2 seems to have Gundam Double O's shoulder engine things.

9. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

So... it's the Autobots teaming up with Thundercracker to fight the Combaticons and Predacons, with a possibility of Bruticus and Predaking showing up...

This comic is starting to get awesome again!

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Great cover for the Sector 7 mini.

I hate what they're doing with Bumblebee on TF 11 though.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like that Thundercraker finally changed sides.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting if S7 is gonna lead into TF3. And damn it, come on. Announce the title of the third one - I'm getting tired of using that acronym.

Hope it's as good as Alliance and Defiance. I wish Alex Milne could PLEASE draw this series. Milne did a spectacular job with Alliance and Defiance, and made them easy to draw and understand.

Aw well. S7 will be flushed down the toilet when the third movie comes along - it's been done already.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Drift series looks cool. Will be picking em up.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always wondered when someone would have Thundercracker changing sides, given how the original character bio says he wasn't entirely convinced the Decepticon cause was the correct one. I might see about picking up the trades.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Y'know, while it's nice because it teases about the contents of the issue, I have to say that's a pretty horrid cover composition. The crazy dynamism of the top half clashes horribly with the static tone of the bottom half. It's like the Predacons are all posing for an album cover, with dramatic flames behind them, all the while completely oblivious to the explosions and the poorly foreshortened Bumblebee above them pretending to be Hot Rod.

The way BB is holding Thundercracker's rear fin is... awkward? Also, clearly this is cover is the closest we will ever get to a Headstrong Spotlight as well. :) 

Hmmm...

zmog

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    That cover of TF: Drift #2 looks interesting...

17. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Quite! Who the heck ARE all those guys!? I wanna see who they are! I need to get to a comic shop!

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well from what Kup said in Spotlight: Drift recognizing Drift's sword, when the war began there was a neutral faction that left Cybertron. Apparently Perceptor recognized the craftsmanship of Drift's upgrades that he hasn't seen such since... Yeah stops from blurting out the name.

19. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah thats why I always thought he was the most interesting Seeker. Not a big fan of Bee getting the movie treatment. It's like were being force fed I like him being badass I just think he could be more badass as a classic bug E.J. Had it right. Looking forward to Drift. And I'm totally passing up movie books, IMHO movie merch is just played out.

20. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I love this cover!

[​IMG]