IDW December 2010 Solicitations

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    From Comics Continuum:

IDW December 2010 Solicitations

Relating to Transformers:

TRANSFORMERS 3 MOVIE PREQUEL: FOUNDATION #1
    Written by John Barber, art by Andrew Griffith, cover by Brian Rood.

The first Transformers 3 movie prequel begins here! The origin of the bitter rivalry between Optimus Prime and Megatron starts here! But what is the secret connection that will forever bind them? And how will it affect the future of all Transformers?

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS #14
    Written by Mike Costa, art by Nick Roche, covers by Don Figueroa and Roche.

Two Autobots felled in the past two issues and the punishment is only beginning! A shocking revelation and an unexpected attack begins the "Revenge of the Decepticons," the storyline that leaves a lot more Autobots on the operating table, and their entire future on Earth in question.

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS: SECTOR 7 #4
    Written by John Barber, art by Joe Suitor, cover by Brian Rood.

In the midst of the darkest days of World War II, Sector Seven's greatest fear has come true -- the Nazis have captured a Transformer! The group's seven deadliest soldiers -- a rag-tag group of screw-ups and cast-offs in any other context -- go on what's surely a suicide mission into the heart of Nazi Germany!

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS, VOL. 2: INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT
    Written by Mike Costa, art by Don Figueroa, Javier Salteres and Guido Guidi, cover by Figueroa.

As the Autobots and Skywatch come together against a common enemy, the Decepticons choose to forge their own alliance. However, their involvement with a powerful leader could escalate two countries into war! Can the Autobots prevent an international incident, while avoiding exposure?

144 pages, $19.99.

TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE
    Written by Mike Costa, art and by Casey Coller.

During the Great War on Cybertron, one of the Autobots' fallen heroes was Optimus Prime's best friend -- Ironhide. Now, with Cybertron and Ironhide both fallen, their fates become intertwined in unexpected ways. Ironhide presents the tale of a hero's return that may bring new hope to their home planet.

104 pages, $17.99.

TRANSFORMERS: BEST OF STARSCREAM
    Written by Bob Budiansky and Simon Furman, art by Alex Milne, Don Figueroa, EJ Su and more, cover by Klaus Scherwinski.

He's Megatron's second-in-command, but he's number one in his own mind. This is Starscream, fierce Decepticon warrior and full-time schemer. When he's not doing the bidding of his leader, Starscream is plotting his ascension to the Decepticon throne. These stories collect his darkest and most telling moments.

144 pages, $19.99.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thanks Beastbot X :) 

What-in-the-world is TRANSFORMERS 3 MOVIE PREQUEL: FOUNDATION #1 ?

Doesn't Transformers 3 got a title?

I thought IDW covered Optimus and Megatron Origin Story with "Transformers: The Beginning" and "Transformers: Defiance".

If we take this and Transformers: Sector 7. One series will focus mainly on the Humans while the other will focus on the Cybertronians.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow I'd never thought I'd sound like a real raging nerd but I am concerned about Foundation: is it going to ignore all of Mowry's excellent work? And that cover is awful, Megatron's body is an odd cross between the designs in both films and Optimus seems to just be backslapping him.

Anyway, so in Sector 7, the Nazis get their own Transformer? Wowsa.

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We know why they hate each other, let's just focus on the inbetween movie stuff instead.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The solicitation for that Transformers: Ironhide cover should read: "Ironhide takes the battle to Hasbro and Takara. One bot, dozens of horrible figures, no-one left standing!"

6. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    movie prequel of preim & megatron? ddint we get that from fallen prequel? lokoing froward to it

maybe maybe not transfromers could be called transfromers 3d that is what hollywood is mostly doing with there movie sequels being called i have only seen two movie sequels get name instead of dumb 3d at the end shrek, & resident evil they both have names for there sequel plus 3d at the end either way having word 3d at the end of title is going to make look some what cheap looking

7. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

No, Michael Bay is going to make it cheap-looking :p 

I agree though, '3D' in movie titles is offputting... as is the effect itself.
    I wish they'd stop slaughtering Resident Evil. Sure Milla is nice to look at, but they made a real mess of the plot and they're crappy films to boot.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oooh, TF3 Prequel: Foundation sounds interesting. So does the Sector 7 comic.

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this caught my eye:

Foundation will chart the origins of Optimus and Megatron's rivalry, and reveal the secret connection that binds them.

Uhh.... wasn't that what ROTF prequel "Defiance" did? It showed how Megatron became the Fallen's bitch (though changed the Fallen from imporisoned in "def" to weak in "rotf"). The Fallen managed to sweet-talk & promise Megatron great power if he took over Cybertron, and Optimus was discovered to be a Prime, and united the scientists, & other non-military types. With the occasional solider like Ironhide.

IMO, it's one thing for Bay to just crap on continuity, even his own. But for IDW to do so, when they have ongoing mini-series set in the same -verse? Just sloppy, to contradict yerself. I'd rather NOT have a "prequel" comic if it contradicts key points of what will be on the screen.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Foundation sounds like a slightly different take on Defiance, but hopefully it'll be more then that. I'm also hoping that this time the events in the comic won't be majorily retconned by the movie itself, like what happened with RotF and it's tie-in materials.

11. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno - first couple weren't bad. 3rd was rather "eh" other than the expansion of what the Tcells did to Alice. Just saw #4/Afterlife 3D (didn't waste the # for IMAX) - decent flick. Enjoyed it right up to the end. I mean - really? I know there's plenty in the -verse to milk for #5, but did they have to leave it so blatent? I'd have rather had where they panned out on the boat into the middle of the water, leaving wondering "do they succeed, or save more?" than how it was left :p 

btw - how does one go about putting "spolier black" over text?

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

For hiding things under spoilers:

[ spoiler ] insert text [ /spoiler ]

Minus the spaces, of course.

13. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

To this there can be one answer:

I TOLD YOU SO.

The Nazis get their own Transformer? Interesting.....

(I'd say it's Divebomb but Mowry killed him in RoS.)

14. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

OSHIT.. the nazis captured a transformer? THIS HAS TO BE GOOD! :drool:  i wonder if they will call it "project blitzwing"...?

15. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ongoing #14 cover analysis:

head shots: 2
    left side shoulder shots:1
    right side shoulder shots 0
    chest shots: 2
    crotch shots:6

what i have learned today is that the best way to kill a transformer is to shoot them in the junk.

16. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Regarding the 'TFs 3 prequel: Foundation', so there's more to be told about Optimus and Megatron's rivalry that wasn't told in 'Defiance'? A "secret connection" between them? That has my interest, but I just hope this won't be a retcon of previously told history. Perhaps 'Foundation' will reveal how Optimus and Megatron were created (which might present an answer to their 'connection') and show us their first confrontation as enemies? Hopefully, it could also explain how Optimus' is descended from the Primes.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope "Revenge of the Decepticons" is as dark a storyline as it sounds.

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Well, it could be another pre-pre-prequel or just filling in the gaps that have to be filled in for Transformers 3. For example, the first movie prequel comics never mentioned the Fallen or anything of the sort because he hadn't been thought of yet for the second movie, whereas the "Defiance" fixed that. Perhaps these prequel comics will do the same.
    I'd wait until we see how well this "John Suitor" person writes before becoming too anxious about how this will turn out. I haven't read any of his work yet, and his first comic that I'll be reading will be Sector 7 #1, which of course isn't out yet.

Judging from the cover it's
    Jetfire.

19. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice use of SR-71 Jetfire when that plane didn't exist until close to 20 years after WW2. Good research on that guys.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet Ironhide and ongoing vol 2! :)