IDW continues its digital expansion (New Transformer Comics and more)!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by $shockwave$, Jul 23, 2009.

1. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    IDW Publishing has updated their website with a press release concerning their new ventures into the digital medium, including but not limited to new Transformers digital comics! Here is an excerpt.

San Diego, CA (July 22, 2009) - Expanding its strong lead in the digital publishing arena, at San Diego Comic Con today IDW Publishing announced several major expansions to its digital comic book initiative. The newly available digital comics include IDW's G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra movie prequel comics, plus TRANSFORMERS and CSI. In the coming weeks, IDW will continue to expand its electronic offerings with more G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS, as well as new titles available digitally for the first time, such as the classic J. Scott Campbell series Danger Girl, as well as Astro Boy, Groom Lake, John Sable Freelance, and GrimJack.

You can read the press release here: http://idwpublishing.com/news/article/743/

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    They can use the opportunity to finish War Within.

3. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

I've seen Alliance and Defiance in the iTunes store for a while.

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

They say available on the internet, but it's really only available via iTunes, and then only if you have an iPhone or Touch. Lock-in is a pretty lame way to go about releasing things via the internet.

Online publishing just always leads to disappointment for me.

5. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

I bought these for my iphone and I loved it. The artwork looks crisp and clear on the iphone screen, and I love the fact I can carry them all around in one device and read them when ever I like. I hope al the new up coming comics are released this way as well.

6. Apatros

Apatros Well-Known Member

Again IDW has disappointed me. Seeing as I don't own an IPhone or an ITouch I don't have access to these...I'm a sad little panda.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Coolio.