IDW comics...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Oct 4, 2008.

1. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone have or know where I can find pictures of Prowl or Jazz as they are depicted in the IDW comics?

Also, for anyone who's read them, how would you compare the IDW comics to Dreamwave's? I really got bummed out when Dreamwave never got a chance to rap things up when they went bankrupt and I haven't read a transformers comic since.

2. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I agree, IDW's work is much better than Dreamwave's. I think it was a smart move to just start over instead of trying to continue from two different continuities.

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only 2 good things in Dreamwave comics are Sunstreaker being gay and The Fallen

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dreamwave had some cool stuff, and some not so cool stuff. Sunstorm was overdone, the first miniseries seemed too drawn out. The second was awesome, the Armada comics were great and Energon was decent too.

IDW scores major points for the grassroots approach and the Spotlights. It's not a story about a single group of characters, but about a vast intergalactic war with many different threads. Some of the minis drag on too long, others seem rushed. But overall, starting from scratch seems to have helped.

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Please tell me you joke about the Sunstreaker gay idea being "good". That right there was one reason why Dreamwave deserved to go under! :rolleyes: 

In answer to the question, IDW beats out Dreamwave in almost every conceivable way. The Dreamwave output was atrocious save for a few exceptions. They did Armada OK; they did War Within well; it was G1 that they completely screwed up on.

IDW have had some misses too, but nowhere near the train wreck that was Pat Lee and his army of morons.

But if you want the best comic series, just check out Marvel UK. Accept no substitutes :thumb 

7. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nop i love it

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    :crazy: . I'm sure you didn't care about sunstreaker until you found out he was being portrayed as (NOT actually being) gay.

9. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol you know thats true i didn't. i did not even have a toy of him till my friend told me about him now i have just about all his toys

10. KhaN

KhaN Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dreamwave G1 was awesome and most of IDW's stuff is awesome, but you'd have to judge for yourself.

11. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

The Fallen was a pretty cool concept, but you can't really say Sunstreaker's being gay in DW was a "good thing" when he never acted gay, said he was gay or portrayed as gay. That only came out after it was all canned and they let that tidbit slip. Does that even count?