IDW comics reader for Android tablets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by mrhillz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I just got a 10" tablet and was wondering if there was any sort of reader for IDW comics on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit- mostly for getting IDW transformers stuff, the Kindle and Nook apps seem kind of scarce on them.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I use comixology

3. mrhillz

Damn, I should have just hit you up on aim to ask that then- lol.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. Comixology for the win

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Hehehe

6. mrhillz

I just downloaded it, holy crap it has a lot! I'm disappointed it doesn't really have collections though. I guess there's always the two I mentioned before for that.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I also have a tablet (using it now actually) and grabbed the Comixology app. I like it. They have a very cool way of allowing you to read the comics that makes it a little more cinematic.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Im really enjoying reading the books via tablet

reading it panel by panel kinda helps pace things a little better for me. I get the chance to focus on the panel and whats going on better

and i like it in that i dont accidentally peek at the page next to it and spoil myself on whats happening. i hate that. then i have to act all surprised when i get to that point lol

Just helps me read better. I do like it a lot

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^^i like the tablet read as well- one thing that bugs me though is when the panels clip the odd bit of text or edge of a panel - maybe its just my crappy tablet but i noticed a clippped line (it was only like the last two words in one bubble) in Autocracy 5

i have a 7" tablet - and while i can read Autocracy fine, it doesnt seem to be able to cache an entire comic (22 pages is too much for the memory maybe - it will load like the fir 10 pages then crash)

i've tried to download the comixology app - but it takes me too a page that asks for my mobile number and stuff---- IDK maybe i need to set up a gmail account or something.

im just wondering if anyone knows why i cant seem to install the app to my tablet-- i guess im hoping that the comixology app will allow me to read a full length comic on my tablet- but maybe it's just a memory issue)

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hmm..cant say i've ever run into any reading problems. i get the whole 22 pages and can flip through them as i like

it might indeed be an issue of memory on your tablet or something

as for comixology itself, i know that you do have to set up an account with them in order to purchase books [and thus, would need to input a way to pay for said books] maybe thats the issue?

either way, it may be worth it to get ahold of Comixology and see if they can help you troubleshoot Contact Us - comiXology

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a Kindle "BUT" be mindful of the pricing using the Comixology app.

For some reason Autocracy was $1.99 on Kindle but 0.99 everywhere else (PC, Cellphone, etc)

So set up a Comixology acct on a PC and buy content there then upload it to your Tablet app using the same acct. info since they wanna be slick with their prices.