IDW Comic Con 2007 Transformers reports

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by MilkManX, Jul 27, 2007.

1. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Here is the Thursday report.

Preview issue of Devistation #1 Colored! Looks amazing.

Preview of New Beast Wars. Just line art but man can Don hit em outta the park!

Slideshow preview showed Hot Rods Earth alt mode Viper bot mode pics! He looks alot like Alt Rodimus actually this way!

I am gonna be at the panels and the signing this weekend More info then!

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Cool...can't wait to hear more...

3. MilkManX

IDW Panel didnt say much more. Ramjet Spotlight was the only new info.

4. MilkManX

Ryall announced at the Hasbro panel TF Animated book for when the series comes out.

Also here is my IDW Signing report.

Man what a day!

Went to the Transformers panel. Simon and Chris went over the comics(pretty much the same as yesterday but adding that IDW is doing the TF Animated book for young readers)

Then Hasbro showed the new Classics designs(OMG!!!)

Next was the new animated show and toys. I gotta say I was skeptical but it looks fun and awesome. The toys were amazing!!

At 3pm was the IDW booth signing. I was first in line. What can I say I am a TF nerd. I was there at 1:45 lol!

Now the signing was worth my whole trip alone. I got to meet Andy Wildman,Simon Furman,DON,E.J. Su,Alex Milne and Eric Holmes!

I got sketches free of charge from Andy(a WW Grimlock headshot!) E.J. (A IDW G1 Megatron!!) and Alex(Gl Optimus Prime!!)

Then I bought one of Page 6 of War Within Dark Ages book 4 from Andy(THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!)

Seriously it was one of the best moments for a longtime TF comic fan and one of the highlights of any of the SDCC's I have ever been too.

I have been on cloud nine all day since that signing.

Big thanks to IDW!!(Especially the nice guys manning the booth!) Chris Ryall,Simon Furman,DON,Andy,E.J. , Alex, and Eric

Here is a link to some pics. Some came out blurry. :( 

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e193/MilkManX/sdccpics/

5. DTR281

DTR281 Well-Known Member

I wish I could have been there on Sat. I was at the con on Friday. But my friday wasnt a complet waste. I was able to get Alternator Rodimus and voyager Megs for 9.99. I missed out Menasor, Ultimate Bumblebee, and voyager Prime as well as Destro.

But while I was messing around with whole hasbor ticket thing at the con i ran into Simon Furman(wasnt at the IDW booth, just walking around), who gladly signed a couple of my comics for me. Also this fiascal that hasbro had at the con made me leave the con an hour later then I had planed, but this became a benefit when standing in line for the shuttle back to the train station, I looked to my left and saw a person that is very familiar to us transformer comic fans, Don Figueroa. We started talking he said he was just walking around on Friday and just being a fan for the day before he had to work on Sat. He also signed a couple books for me on the shuttle.