IDW collection vol.5?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wasp819, Jun 24, 2011.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Hey all dont know if this is old news or posted in the right section,

Ive just seen a listing for the idw collection vol.5 slated for a november release and it seems this volume is covering the complete all hail megatron series 1-16
    This seems strange seeing as the complete all hail megatron tpb is coming out in a couple of weeks

Why would they release 2 versions of the same story and only class the nov release print as the next volume in the collection series?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It's old news. This was clarified earlier when they were talking about the Complete AHM. The Complete AHM will come with all 12 issues, the 4 issue Coda, and the 5 spotlights, as well as a cover gallery. Volume 5 will not feature the spotlights (since all of them have already been spread through the first 4 volumes) or the cover gallery.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    honestly, to me it's just more evidence of how freaking amateurish IDWs game is.

It irritates me that the "IDW Collections" don't have comprehensive cover galleries as it is.

It irritates me that this is coming out in July and then essentially being reprinted in November meaning we are having to wait another 4-6 months for vol. 6 with "new" material.

and it irritates me that i am going to buy this anyway because i want all the Trevor Hutchinson awesomeness... :p 

(and as much as i dog on IDW, their oversize hardcovers are really awesome ~ and after reading vol. 3 and 4 it's a damn shame they pulled the rug out from under Simon Furman right when things seemed like they were building to the climax and made him cram the last 6 issue mini-series into 4 spotlights)

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I just discovered these collections maybe three days ago and ordered all 5 volumes. I should have two of them in hand on Monday and the other two shortly thereafter. I can't wait to dig into the IDW world (this coming from a non-comic book guy, only read the Dreamwave comics up to this point).

I also got on a bit of a kick and ordered all of the Titan TPBs from the Marvel run, both G1 and G2. Oh and I also have the IDW movie collections coming as well. Have I missed any comics aside from the UK versions? I think that's about it :) 

5. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Wait what?
    I though simon furman ended his run (proffesional break etc) did idw cann him? and if they did - what the hell for!! to me he is the original weaver of transformer tales and i loved all of his idw work, instead what do we get now - child like art with people not building on his original plots but destroying them instead..

Anywho i will be one of the people who buys both (sigh)

and whats all this talk of spotlights in the AHM tpb?

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    AHM was sold in 4 volumes: volumes 1 and 2 being the 12 issue series, volume 4 being the Coda, and volume 3 being the 5 spotlights that were released during AHM's run (Jazz, Drift, Cliffjumper, Metroplex, Blurr). Drift and Jazz tied directly into the AHM story (such as it was), while the others were either past stories or foreshadowing. So, the AHM TPB is going to contain all of the above, plus covers. The IDW Vol 5 is not going to contain the spotlights, cos all 5 of them appeared in past volumes.

As for Furman, I guess IDW thought his stuff wasn't selling or was taking too long to unfurl, so they decided they needed someone with "fresh ideas" (and by that they mean someone willing to make things more like the damn cartoon) and made Furman wrap up his ideas a lot faster than he intended, thus the resolution of the Nemesis Prime storyline was really rushed.