Idw collection hard covers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by bboi84, Jul 19, 2012.

1. bboi84

bboi84 Well-Known Member

I have been toying with the idea of starting to read transformers comics and have had no idea on where to start and I came across the idw collections and I wondered wether these were any good? being large books with lots of the comics grouped together plus they will make a lovely collection with all the books together in one place

So do these make a good way of collecting and reading the comics?
    Do they run in order or do they run in series runs

Thanks in advance
    Adam

2. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I believe they are in chronological order storywise and not by original comic release.

I have all of them released and it makes reading the comics easier and storing them is cake because I just put them back on the shelf instead of packing single issues in boxes.

Not to mention that the hardcovers are cheaper than buying single issues, if you go thru Amazon.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Read them in any order you like. The -ations which are volumes 1-4 are a bunch of mini series. Volume 5 is the complete All Hail Megatron series. Volume 6 is the first volume of the ongoing.

4. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow over 200 for volume 1

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? I got all six issues for less than £7 a few months ago.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW! Looks like 1 & 2 are out of print, good thing I bought em when they were released. I figure it's gonna be vol 8 or 9 by the time they wrap Chaos, I just hope the current series continue to be collected in such a way.

7. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure 1 and 2 have gone back to print in the past and that they will go back to print again... But you never know!

As far as reading order I feel like 1-4 are pretty spotty anyway. Starting with volume 5 should work out well - if you really want to go back and fill in earlier volumes later (when they come back in print for those currently expensive OOP books ).

8. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    I ended up ebaying 1 for a decent amount, got the last copy of 2 that BBTS had, amazon had a very quick (as in it lasted about 3 days) restock for 3, and I got 5 and 6 on amazon (5 has evidently recently sold out on amazon I believe)

Now only need 4, which evidently no one has