IDW collection #4

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kaijumaster, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    While I'm more than a little ticked off that IDW announced this weekend that they'll be doing a new series that would fit within volume 1....according to Amazon Volume 4 is now available. Ordered mine!

2. Stormgard

Stormgard Member

I guess this is the problem with a book that jumps all over the place chronologically. Especially when they start putting out compilations while the series is still going. Oh well.

I'm following the IDW storyline through the Collection books, they look really good and I'm glad I invested in them. I can't imagine following it in the original mixed up order.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, come on; it wasn't a "mixed up" order - it was the intentional release order. Things don't always have to be chronological; as an audience, when did we all get so lazy/stupid?

It required a little effort to understand how, for example, each Spotlight fit into the main storyline, but what's wrong with thinking a little?

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Just came, no bookmark like the previous 3 Volumes....that really bugs me.

5. Stormgard

Stormgard Member

Well I didn't read them in their relased order so I don't know what that was like. But I'll say that I think back and forth chronology should ideally only be used if it actually benefits the story somehow. No reason to do it just to do it.

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Surely that's not as bad as the volume 1 spine information not aligning with the other volumes' information. That you can't hide on a bookshelf.

7. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    I look at IDWs way of handling it's issues similar to Mirage's Tales of TMNT. How it jumps back and forth. It makes it interesting in a way. I'm use to it since I never followed any TF comics - Marvel, Dreamwave so it doesn't really bother me as much.