Minor/Repaint: IDW Classics Blurr

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, Mar 5, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well finished this little diddy on the side as I had time to work of it. He is made from the Override GTS from the Cybertron line. It was a great idea but I was about to scrap it a few times.

The chest canopy is made from styrene and built out of four pieces and super glue was used to fill in the gaps and sanded smooth. His gun was made from from Override's regular gun, I just cut the wings assembly off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His head fin was made from the folded Knife from a 1/100 Strike Gundam and this is by far my favorite part of this custom since it was was the least difficult.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was just really a task to paint this puppy, A lot of rub issues and everything rubs when changing. Enjoy and comment and question as always

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Not bad at all. I like what you did with the chest.

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that's sweet man, awesome job

4. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome!!!!

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Hmm...just thought about this. Have you considered taking an xacto knife and cutting the chin to open up the face a little bit. Just seems a little boxy and limited.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I like it, it screams Blurr! I am not 100% on the weapon though, too boxy for me.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is awesome!!!!

8. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Great work! Love the chest mod. I had the same idea but I messed up badly, now I need a new Override.

Keep up the good work dude!

9. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Very nice paint apps. All of the mold details really stand out with your technique.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

What F-R said. This looks great, but I'm just not feeling the weapon.

11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Same as FR and Kusanagi. Fig's great, not loving the weapon.

His head is part armor schneider???!!!

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow... I'm amazed that this never occurred to me... it's a good match! I like the paint job, and the extra detail on the canopy is a minor addition, but it really makes a big difference.

I'm not 100% on the head. It seems like you could either do some more extensive mods to the head, or use one from a different figure.

On the topic of likeness, I have 2 other observations... IDW Blurr's head is a bit overdesigned... it has way too many doohickeys on it compared to the sleek original version. However, to get that same look with the visor and "wings", if you have a spare visor from an Energon Jetfire, you could use that as a "headband" for him. It would look pretty dead-on like the comic model.

Also, have you considered giving him his enormous air intakes/engines on his shoulders? It's a rather distinctive touch on the IDW design, and it might give the car mode a little more "oomph". Not that I think Blurr needs more oomph... I always preferred a sleeker look for him, but the IDW version has a lot of added bulk, inspired by steroid-enhanced sprinters' physiques.

Just some ideas. But this looks great!! :D 

zmog

13. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

like what others are saying I'm not feeling the weapon. also like smog says it could benafit from the air intake thingys. it looks like the arms swing out like on the uni sunstreaker mold so I'd say you couls attach them with magnets or pegs in bot mode and use that gun as something to attach them in alt mode. they could look preyy good there. however at I like this look it feels like a mix of Idw and g1 to me for some reason but it works realy well. good job

14. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Great job on this, man! It definitely has that IDW Blurr vibe going on. The paintjob looks sweet and smooth and I honestly can't believe no one thought of this sooner. Somehow I see a lot of people doing one similar now. Great idea and execution, keep it up!

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this works rather well. So much so, I'm surprised I've not seen other Blurrs from the mold, nice job.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Great to see more IDW inspired customs. They're some of my favourite designs. This is a great custom, and the sculpt and paint work are perfect.

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a great idea. I would try this is I ever come back to make another one. His head is pinned in and would be an immense pain to try and get out.

Yeah I was going for the shield thingy ma-jig the original has. I wasn't even going to give him this but he looked too naked in Alt mode. But after the suggestion made here I will be adding some more mods to it soon.

Thanks for the ideas If I can find some really good thrusters they are going on this immediately. I unfortunately do not have a Energon Jetfire I seen it all the time at Toys R Us but always figures I'd never have a use for it.

Thanks for the comment guys!!!:D 

18. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish I had skillz :( 

19. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Well done! Very creative and that paint job is really sweet! I wish that Hasbro would have done this... I had it right in front of me for 14.99$ and passed on it... damn :( 

20. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I love the colour! And that custom windshield is sweet! I kind of agree the weapon is odd looking. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the way of mods.