IDW Classic Transformers Reissue or Expansion in June 2011?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, May 24, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Will the publication of Transformers Classics #1 by IDW this June include Marvel Transformers #3 and #9 that were excluded from the previous edition of Transformers Classics? The pagination has increased somewhat but not enough to include two whole issues, it seems to me.

I can't find any info on this.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No.

Because Marvel owns Spider-Man and Circuit Breaker, IDW cannot re-publish those issues without paying some big royalty fees. They could, if they black out the character and remove any mention of their name. But that's not cost-efficient. So they'll just skip those issues.

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I'm thinking they got that issue sorted in the first run since there are no summary issues after volume 3. Circuit Breaker and the Neo Knights play a pretty big part in the defeat of Unicron so it would have been dumb to not be able to run those issues in full. And I doubt that any agreement they made would only include a partial ban. So I think it more likely that they began printing the 1st run before they got all the permissions in place and got it sorted before volumes 4-6. Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if the issues in vols 1-3 that got summaries last time could get full reprints this go round. Maybe not issue 3 with Spidey, but surely the other 4 with Circuit Breaker.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you are wrong mate, you have outdated information.

IDW have resolved the issues with Marvel, certainly as far as Deaths Head and Circuit Breaker are concerned (note - CB appeared in Classics v5 TPB previously, but not v1-3 as the agreement hadn't been reached then). I am 99% sure this includes Spiderman too, hence the random inclusion of the New Avengers/Transformers into IDW Collection volume 3.

The whole reason for the newly released Classics editions (and the upcoming UK ones) is because the "Marvel problem" has been resolved so get excited about seeing CB, Deaths Head and....yes, Spiderman.