IDW and Titan Reprint Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ultimate Matt X, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I've been looking into buying some of the IDW reprints of UK material and was wondering if anyone could help me out with what IDW and Titan have reprinted already. Has IDW put only material that Titan has already released or has it been some new material? Titan covered all the US material correct? If IDW has reprinted any of the same stuff, have there been any changes in terms of coloring or anything?

Any info or a link to any of this would be appreciated.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of the Titan reprints and here's my 2 cents:

IDW's Classic Transformers vol 3 has the Man of Iron story that Titan has never reprinted. It's a UK story. Plus vol 3 has the Broadcast of 2012 (or some year, forgot off the top of my head) which was never reprinted by Titan.

But IDW can't reprint any of the stories with Marvel characters like Spider-man and Circuit breaker.

The UK stuff, IDW has the issues, but the Titan ones are printed in the original magazine size and have extra stuff, like summaries from Simon Furman and background behind the issues.

I don't have all of it in front of me, but that's the quick breakdown.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW not being able to reprint issues with Marvel characters has, to be honest, left their collections looking a little lame. Titan doesn't have this problem.

Issues that Titan have reprinted that IDW will never be able to include US #3, 9, 22, 23, 45, 75 and a few more.

My advice is to pick up the Titan trades and then the odd few issues they never reprinted separately.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Thought I think Denton mentioned on the IDW forums that they were working with Marvel for the later, last couple of Classic Transformers volumes, because Circuit Breaker appears in so many issues.