Identify this incredible... thing, please.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SPLIT LIP, Jul 12, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the shitty pics, but I'm moving and had no room for something this big.

The dude who's buying my house gave this to me. It appears to be made of at least six creatures/robots. Very Spawn-y, but I can find no production information or stamps on it. Not even on the base, which made online searches positively fruitless. I hesitate to try and de-combine them since I have no fucking idea what the individuals look at. There was also a bag of parts that belong to it, like two large guns and a head. I'm 99% sure there's some parts missing from the figure overall.

So, yeah. Anybody recognize this incredibly awesome/lolwtf toy/model/figurine?

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree that it does look very Spawn like. Not sure what it is but I like it.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dunno what it is but I know what I like. I mostly want to figure out what it is so I can possibly maybe sell it. That was my plan, but now I'm kinda getting attached to it. :) 

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want it.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I typed "spawn combiner" into google & came across an ebay listing calling it "McFARLANE TOYS - INTERLINK COMBINER SPAWN", so I typed that whole name into google again & found a few sites that look to verify the name.

Spawn Interlink 6 Series 18?

- YouTube - ‪Spawn Interlink 6 Series 18 Toy Review‬‏
    - http://www.oafe.net/yo/mcs18il.php

... so yeah, I don't know if the differences that I'm seeing are because of missing parts/different poses/whatever, or if these figures are different issues all together, but it definitely looks like a place to start.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, its a combiner thing that McFarland Toys did. I have one of the "pieces" for it but never bought the rest.

7. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Kinda looks like a crude ROTF Jetfire.Pretty damn cool though.

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Yep, I was gonna say that definitely looks like Interlink 6 to me.

McFarlane later reissued the line but removed the combining gimmick (it's supposed to be a very fragile combination anyway) and changed the decos to much more basic and colorful red, green and blue versions, the Cyber Units line mentioned at the end of the OAFE review. So if you ever have the hankering to make Interlink 6 look more like a Megazord, there you go.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thanks! I was able to look it up on Spawn's site, I don't think I'm missing any pieces.

10. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That thing looked cool, but the combination was tenuous at best. From what I remember, even putting it together and not touching it wasn't enough to keep it together as the brittle, soft McFarlane plastic would wilt and fail under the sheer weight.

But still, very cool idea and looked wicked. I miss the days of walking through WalMart and seeing stuff like that. :( 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Indeed, taking it apart it's clear it's at best a display piece. The Right leg's left leg was broken at the hip already. It's obvious the previous owner kept it combined because of that. Thankfully I believe I can repair it with extensive work. Also the left leg's shin pads are missing, and for the life of me I cannot get his weapon and hand on his right arm at the same time. This thing's been combined for so long the plastics are warped and don't function 100% as individuals. However they do function and the whole thing still combines. I don't know the story behind it, but they'll make for great display bad guys for my braves and super hero figures.

EDIT: Actually lefty has his shin pads, they're just made up of three pieces. So he's complete, but I still can't get the weapon and hand to stay on. The head dude is missing his right arm shield. The left arm with the fingers may be missing something but I can't tell. The torso robot is missing his left shoulder mounted weapon. However I may have it. The thing is, this thing just had pieces jammed everywhere, so I'm still finding parts.

EDIT2: So finally I have all six finished, and I'm only missing two parts. The shoulder gun and the shield. Plus the right leg guy has the busted left leg. Also one of his rocket boosters has a broken peg that would be the hip joint on the combiner. I also plan to fix it. Aside from that it's complete and in good condition. (some minor warping, but only on the torso guy and the thin bits, and I can fix that)

So, uh, anybody know what this thing would go for?

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hhaa, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Seems like it'd be easiest to get to know each one first, though.

13. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    I think the Interlink figures looked much better as separate figures. The combined figure looks just plain messy and, as mentioned previously, has a hard time staying together and will eventually collapse under it's own weight. I ended up selling my set on Ebay because I was just sick of it doing that.

Gotta give McFarlane an A for effort though. Just wish he used sturdier plastic and put more thought into the combination process.

14. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    The author of the article linked on the previous page said he got his entire set for $15.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i had that set. actually bought 2. one set i got halfway through combining it and it was such a headache, i threw it in a junk bin.
    the other set, i displayed individually and to much joy till i made room for TFs.