Ideas to save TFA!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Deadend, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    So we all claim to love this show, and yet it's still 'allegedly' dieing.

We need to get together and prove how much we love this show. As such, I've thought of a few ways that could do just that, and I'm open to real suggestions for more.

1. Watch the show actually from the CN streams when it's added to their player. If the numbers are big enough, the advertising revenue they get from that will want it to stay. Which means more money for CN. (Non US residents don't have this option.) http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dlink/index.html?episodeID=8a25c3921fff11cf012001dd1a040011 They currently have many episodes up, including the full transwarped, and three's a crowd, with where is thy sting coming soon, as well as 5 servos of doom. (That's how the leaks keep happening.)

2. Watch it when it airs and reruns. The more that block of time it's on gets viewage, the more CN can charge for the block for advertising. In turn, CN wouldn't want this prime piece of real estate to go away. Nor would any affiliate that shows it abroad.

3. Buy the DVDs, and BUY the toys. Of course the obvious one, but how many of us are waiting for a complete boxset later? Or even just being a leech and keeping only the torrents.

4. Stop redistroing leaks publicly, as shown, they are doing more harm than good because of users turning to them and not bothering with all these other outlets. I know it's mean, but the divide between regions that does this does create revenue streams that prolong the life of the show.

5. Use your DVR instead of torrents if you miss an episode or wait for the reair to watch. DVR watches do get counted in ratings now.

As I've stated time and time again, Youtube views, torrent hits, and so on mean SQUAT to the people who make this show. Those are wasted numbers on things that could be used to increase the viewage in it's time block. If this show dies, it's solely on our heads for lettting it. As much as we spout we love it, it means squat if they don't see that, which as stated youtube links and torrent statistics aren't that. That just tells them how many will steal it.

Anyone else have any other suggestions on how to help? Or how we should get as many who are capable of using CN's site to start streaming episodes as much as possible? If we can get a concerted effort together, maybe we can save this show to prove we want more. Start petitions, user your DVR, watch the airings, stream it at night from Cartoonnetwork.com etc.

Let's stop whining why oh why is it going away, and make our voices heard we want it to stay! We are fans, hear us roar. xD We will not go quietly into the night griping why did it die, while we watched youtube and torrented it and never truely supported it!

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    :jawdropper: 

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think we should just enjoy season 3 and the rest of the 2009 toyline.
    It's not even confirmed that Animated is going away for ever.

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's over with, dead, done, bye-bye. GET OVER IT!

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not hack the CN video-thingy!

6. Disguy4

Disguy4 Well-Known Member

Add my voice acting to the show, I'd bring in around 2.4 million viewers ;_;

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It was never hacked. But that's why we should use the official stream, so our viewage is recorded.
    CN itself through official methods, have the majority of season 1 and 2, and what's aired of 3 up. So even if you aren't in USA, maybe use a proxy to watch that stream instead of those episodes on youtube. Every little bit counts!

This is the official link for CN video. http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/index.html player and all. Just scroll down to TFA and watch it when bored. Or go to the link in the first post that goes straight to the transwarped episode on the player. Heck I'm streaming it now myself through them, now that I know they've readded it to their player.

But we need more to do that, we need a concerted effort to show we love it!
    The 2009 season is already airing, 2010 won't need to go into production till august or so, we need to start making that oomph NOW if we want to save it.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

:jawdropper: 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm just going to enjoy the rest of season three, and the rest of the toy line (it is lasting the rest of this year after all). If it does end after season three, I'll look forward to what they'll inevitably have between RotF and TF3. There's really nothing we can realistically do to "save" it. We don't even now if it's ending just yet. If it does end, it'll end. Nothing we can realistically do to "save" it, other than watch the episodes when they air, and continue to buy the toys.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    With the new WGA, and SAG contracts in place now, we should actually support the industry through official streams. It was one thing when they were getting screwed out of digital residuals, but now they aren't. So now, it's not that we're sticking it to the CEOs, we're screwing over the crew of the show too. Saying meh, it'll be renewed with or without my viewage is exactly why such great shows die.

For example, Showtime canceled Dead Like Me directly because of the large Piracy that caused a dip in season 2 ratings for it. Fox shows have this happen to them quite often too. Do we really want TFA to fall to the wayside with the likes of firefly, wonderfalls, and more?

Attitudes like this cause dips in ratings, but booms in toy sales. Which means one side (hasbro in this instance) will want it to continue, but the people who air the show and sell it abroad dont care. It doesn't bring in revenue streams to be feasible for them, no matter how much we love it. Realisticly speaking, numbers do matter, and if the marketing standpoint proves that, the cost for commercials in that block will increase, and marketers will be willing to pay more to show commercials when this show airs. Which is realistic, but also the CN net streams do count in ratings too, they get a good chunk of ad revenue from the commercials and ads place there through CPMs and PPCs. That counts just as much as watching the aired episodes.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'd be more keen on 'helping' if we weren't constantly reminded by elitist know-it-alls, Kickback and apparently Hasbro themselves that we (aka older fans, forum members, collectors etc.) don't matter at all in the grand or even small scheme of things. Seems that every second week someone is pointing out that we're supposedly less than 1% of overall sales, collectors don't even dint the market, yada yada yada. So I see it being no different here in terms of being a dedicated Animated viewer or potential petition signer to help save it. If I thought for a second that our opinions, voices or even ongoing purchases mattered, I'd be all over it.

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    So let's show them it does matter. We managed to save Classics, and even titanium got a second breath of life past expiration. To be honest, our voices don't matter so long as we're not using methods to watch it that actually count. So our support isn't there as they say. So let's show them it is there. And in a large enough capacity that they'll listen! It's not like I'm telling you to go find the show officially on your own. The viewership that's actually showing support through streams is linked twice in this topic. If all of us streamed it through them at least once a day, or as much as we watched the show, the numbers would reflect the popularity it has among us.

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

So, if I'm not a Nielson home, do my viewings even count towards ratings? I never really understood that lol.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    So...me being realistic is causing a dip in ratings...how? I know numbers matter, and I didn't say anything to the contrary. I watch the shows when they air, and I buy the toys. I don't plan on buying the shows on DVD, but there really aren't that many shows I would even think about buying on DVD (it's just not something I do). I also watch the re-airings of the first two seasons when I get the chance. I don't have a DVR, and don't plan to ever get one (not my thing). I don't ever download torrents, but I do watch the new episodes that are being leaked onto Youtube. Though I still plan on watching those very same episodes when they are officially aired on TV by CN. I'm doing what I can to support it. As for watching the episodes on CN's website, It's something I've done every once in a while in the past (it's how I watched some episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold that I missed). It's just not something I do on a daily basis, and not something I plan to do on a daily basis. Animated is my 2nd favorite TF show, and I do what I can to support it. I'm just being realistic about it's future. Which we don't even know yet, and I think is something that still hasn't been fully decided. It's one of those "do what we can to support the show & toys, and wait to see what happens" type of situations, imo.

15. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Nielson's been outdated for awhile, the digital age made them overhaul how they get their ratings. The 'nielson homes' don't matter as much as they once did. Digital TV is easier to track ratings of along with more aspects of picking up when people change the station for a different show than what's on after something. There have been many articles over this from the past few years.

And raven, I corrected myself, but it is the being dissmissive that our voices matter that will cause a dip. It makes more think, well whatever, my voice doesn't matter to them, they'll cancel it anyway for something new. When we should support what's here and now and show we want this to continue over something new already.

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    i think if all else fails we have no choice but to destroy CN's studio!:bay :ev: 

17. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Or bombard them with headmaster units, minicons, and whatever else we can think of like other shows who have bombarded studios with dirty diapers, peanuts, pencils etc.

Maybe TFA legends figures would work, so they don't misinterpret what we want lol.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm not saying our voices don't count. I'm just being realistic, so that if it does get canceled, it'll be lesser of a blow, and if it continues, it'll be a nicer little surprise. In the mean time I'm going to do what I can to support it.

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Very true, but at this point we should be trying to rally together to cement the fact it'll come back. And that's exactly what I'm trying to do. It may falter, but failure doesn't mean not succeeding, it means having never truely tried. As any prime, I'd rather go down swinging to get it to come back, than to just let megatron shoot me in the head and take it. I rather scream "Never" and fight back till its last spark.

20. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i want save animated as much as everyone else does, but im even more interested in what tv show will be after animated.
    and yes, bombing CN's studio with action figs is a great idea.