Ideas, Scenes, Characters etc that you wish was Never Removed from a Film or TV Show

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Mar 12, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hello Dudes this is jsut a Random questino for all of you, which Ideas or whatever you wish were never removed from a Film or show, whatever its offical or you jsut heard of it somewhere

for ME

TV Shows:
    none

Films:
    Iron Man - at One Point Tony Stark was Meant to be revealed to have worked on Dr Octopus (from Spider-man 2) Tentacles but the idea was removed (probably due to copyright issues)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - the Film villian was gonig to be Revealed to be THe hunter that Kileld Bambi mother in the Disney bambi Film, but Steven Spielberg, realized this would be too extreme for the movie, and the idea ended up being cut from the film.

yours?

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If real, I'm actually glad those never got used. Tony Stark has never had anything to do with any version of Dr Octopus.

Having the villain remain a mystery, right up to the end, made him far more frightening.

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Death Proof: In the theater there were scenes missing from the film. This was used for comedic effect like when the girl is about to give Kurt Russell a lap dance only to have the scene missing. A cue card came up that even said, "scene missing." It was really funny watching the audience react to that. But in the dvd version the lap dance is in there. Less funny, and I don't really care to see ol' Kurt getting his jollies off.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Blakes 7, they should never have lost the Liberator and the end of Series 3. It killed the series for me.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Lord of the Rings, Tom Bombadil.

6. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

if they use that anywhere in their new Marvel-movie-verse that would be far, but Spider-man 2 was too old when Iron man came out not relevant enough. Good enough his dad worked with Capt. A

7. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I love those scenes in Iron Man 2 where he's listening to Bill O'Reilly berate him. Years before that though, there was a deleted scene in Batman Forever where Val Kilmer was in the cave listening to the same exact thing from a news correspondant aimed at Batman, telling him he's doing more harm than good by attracting wackoes and degenerates to Gotham City. I love that scene and so wish they had left it in. Or the scene where he finds the red leather book where he fell all those years ago and flips to the last page to read: "We don't want to go to the theater, but Bruce insists", to which he just falls apart and remembers why he became Batman in the first place.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Might also have to do with the studio's rights to do certain characters. Doc Ock is under Sony & using any element of him might have had legal issues.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, hitting close to the fandom, the Transformers 2007 movies's original final battle was going to be a stalemate between Prime and Megatron, instead of Megatron wiping the floor with him and Sam miraculously reaching into Megatron with the spark. Personally, I felt having Sam do that was unrealistic, unclimactic, and just not satisfying. ANYTHING would have been better. I also would have like to see Barricade get killed by Prime like the novel, at least for some closure to the character.

In the older treatments of the 1986 Transformers movie, they described Unicron dying as Optimus Prime's Lifespark leaves the Matrix and goes into Unicron himself, causing Unicron to tear himself apart. They do something somewhat similar, but giving Optimus more credit then just Matrix power would have been better to me.

The Fly, with Jeff Goldblum, had some horrific deleted scenes and some even more horrific scenes that were never filmed but were in the script. I would have liked to see them in the film, or at least have them all filmed so they could all be viewed as deleted scenes.

The beginning of "Return of the King" in the novel really showed Gandalf treat Sauron like his bitch. Kinda wish they kept that in the film.

Also, I Am Legend using that new ending when the books or the unused one was far better and dramatic.

10. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    off the top of my head right now:

Tron washing up on the shores of the Sea of Simulation in "Tron: Legacy" after the credits finish rolling

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wes Craven's New Nightmare- Julie the babysitter was supposed to be helping out the demon/Freddy somehow. Don't know what Wes was smoking when he came up with this idea, but I'm glad it got dropped and forgotten.

For something I wished hadn't been removed:

Uh. . . . I don't know.

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Phantom Menace

Anakin has a fight with Greedo.

After saying farewell to Jira and giving her some credits, Qui-Gon and Anakin break into a run after they destroy Darth Maul's probe droids following them, thus explaining why they are running to the ship in the original version.

Extended fight with Darth Maul on Tatooine, including Darth Maul jumping onto the ship's platform with Qui-Gon before falling off.

Extended lightsaber duel in Theed Generator Complex

Numerous shots were cut from the end battle.

Attack of Clones

Padmé Addresses Senate.

Obi-Wan and Jocasta Nu discuss Count Dooku and the Lost Twenty.

On Naboo, Padmé introduces Anakin to her family at her Naboo villa.

Anakin and Padmé are brought before Count Dooku, Jango Fett, and Poggle the Lesser requesting Obi-Wan's release. Dooku says he cannot do so unless Naboo joins the Confederacy, giving reasons for why he is forming the new government.

The Jedi attack the Droid Control Ship: Ki-Adi Mundi and several other Jedi find one of the landed Droid Control Ships and deactivate the battle droids, only to find that since Episode I, the droids have had an independent backup system.

Revenge of the Sith

Rebel Alliance subplot - Three scenes featuring Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padmé Amidala, and other senators as they discuss the situation in the Senate and Palpatine's rise to power, and eventually establish the Rebel Alliance: "A Stirring in the Senate", "Seeds of Rebellion", & "Confronting the Chancellor".

Extended duel between Obi-wan and Anakin which shows why at one point in the movie Obi-wan is missing his lightsaber, Anakin at one point uses it along with his own.

"Yoda Exiled to Dagobah"

"Clone Jedi"

Extended Separatist Slaughter

Qui-Gon Jinn speaks to Yoda(Liam Neeson Cameo)

13. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    ^
    Those rebel alliance scenes were the scenes I was going to post when i saw this thread! haha. I'm really dissapointed that they were'nt in the movie. It explains where the rebel alliance came from instead of just having them pop up in episode 4

14. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    The part in the new Wonder Woman show where was Wonder Woman.
    :ev: 

15. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

For scenes that should have been removed?

Any scenes with Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Clive Owen, or Natalie Portman in the movie "Closer".

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the deleted scenes from Terminator 2. The extended edition is superior in almost every way to the theatrical release.

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Three words: Han shot first.

I could add a lot more stuff, but it's closing time in 10 minutes, so I have to hurry ;) 

18. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw IV - When Hoffman ripped out of his restraints with east before standing up and removing his gag before walking towards Riggs. That gave me more of an 'OMFG NO YAY AHHHH!' vibe than just showing him out of the restraints staring at him.

Saw V - Pamela Jenkins' question to Hoffman, it would have given us a little more insite of how Hoffman feels about Jenkins before Saw VI

Those were shown in the theater but not even in the deleted scenes for the DVD :( 

jD001

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Agreed, the scene with Kyle Reese and the part where they take the Terminator's chip out. Were great and key scenes from my 2nd favourite movie ever.

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I didn't like the fact that the script for Alien 3 was not used.