Ideas/Plans for Complete Marvel Run Read-Through for #81

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Since Marvel #81 was announced by IDW at SDCC, some other Marvel US/UK fans and I thought it would be a good idea to have a common read-through of the run.

This can help new folks and old hands alike appreciate, rediscover, or just read one more time this important part of the G1 Transformers world!

Sort of a low-commitment comic-book book-club.

I'm looking for ideas on how to do this here. Some of my ideas are:

1. Post a single thread and have ongoing Marvel discussion there
    2. Bump it with a new issue every (how frequent?) week?
    3. How to incorporate Marvel UK (that's being collected and re-released)
    4. Have some people committed to bumping the thread with a review/comments of each issue.
    5. Other ideas?

Let's just enjoy the craziness, the awesome, and the fun that Uncle Bob, Furman, and many more gave us so long ago!

How best can we do this? What can make this fun? Would you like this to happen?

2. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Subscribed. I'm interested in re-reading the series before #81 hits shelves. Its been a long time since I read them. I don't know how committed I could be to a chat about them though. I do have them all in .cbr format and would be willing to share a few at a time. Perhaps I could do 5 a week?

3. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Thanks! To clarify: just looking for ideas/feedback at this point. Not looking for any statements of commitment unless you're willing!

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever you do don't include all of the UK series or you'll never be done on time. I started earlier this year and I'm on issue 200 of 332. I'll need to ramp it up if I want to be done in time.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your ideas sound good to me, and I can certainly comment on the US series. I read those issues over and over and over as a kid, they're what got me into comic book collecting in general. But I only own a smattering of Titan trades of the UK material.

One issue a week will definitely be too slow. 80 issues = 80 weeks = a year and a half. Plus there's the Headmasters mini-series that would have to be included, and the G.I. Joe and the Transformers mini-series. Does #81 have a release date set yet? It's already being worked on, I'd imagine it'll be solicited late this year/early next year.