Ideas on -good- uses for a TF license

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ramberk Magnus, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

So, it seems like there is an endless amount of companies that get the TF license and produce an endless amount of things with the license that nobody really cares for.

Well, except for comics, posters, and shirts. But aside from those things-- the rest of the stuff is pretty forgettable or too expensive. Statues are cool, but too expensive and they DON'T TRANSFORM.

So what do you think would be a good use for the TF license. I have some ideas...

1. Diorama/play sets. Play sets that directly work with your existing toys! Imagine a G1 earth play that allowed you to directly place a single or a pair of BT/Alt figures in a cool location. And would allow you to pose your figures in otherwise impossible poses by providing the necessary pegs or holes to hold the figure. Furthermore, you have playsets the interconnect to make a super large playset-- we could build the ark this way.

2. Bio cards/sheets. Hasbro just doesn't care anymore about providing bio cards anymore. Why not let someone else pick up the slack and provide us with some good bio cards and sheets like Takara does. Up the production values, provide great artwork, energy stats, bio/weapon information, a quote, a rank-position and a brief story and your all set. I am very disappointed with you Hasbro.

3. A CCG that actually made use of your toys. (CCG= collectible card game). Using actual toys would be optional (in order to quell any complaints that you were forced to buy toys) but it would also motivate you to buy more toys regardless.

4. A decent video game. TF Armada was very good. But why did you end the video game license with Atari Hasbro!??! Sheesh.

5. CRAZY IDEA- license out the old molds to who ever wants them. Hasbro can't make money on reissues anymore but a smaller company might be able to.

Anyhow, those are my ideas. What do you guys think and do you guys have other ideas.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They actually did this one. Remember the Minibot keychains?

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more Christmas light sets. I still use a couple of sets from RID. I would have loved to see light sets for G1, Armada, Energon and Cybertron. 2006 Calendars for Cybertron, not Energon. Also there's no G1 Calendar for 2006. ;P Anyway, just walk around a Walmart and see where there's Batman, Buzz Lightyear, Sponge Bob etc. There could be a Transformers version of that item too. Energon had watches, Kites, Birthday Cards and Party Stuff aplenty but it seems to be a one shot. Hasbro could also publish some "Generations" books like Takara has done. I love Takara's books for the pictures, but I'll have to learn to read Japanese to really appreciate them.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Playsets/Dioramas I think would still be "toys" Hasbro would want to make if it saw a market for them.

Bio cards and CCG would be great... but the failure of the awesome Fleer Armada cards and the Joe CCG provide good evidence that there isn't a viable market for these.

5. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    G1 trading cards.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here are a few things I would like to see made.

- Board Games. I loved the Armada board game simply for the PVC figures and the collectable cards.
    - Key Chains. Not talking minibots. I mean some things like an Autobot or Decepticon symbol.
    - Earring. I would so wear a ailver Autobot earring.
    - Watches. Not crappy plastic one, but nice metal watches.
    - Coffee Mugs.
    - Unpainted statues. Something you could paint yourself.
    - Cake Pan. I would kill for an Autobot or Optimus cake pan.
    - Halloween Masks/costumes.

7. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Any Transformers card game would be made by WOTC, since Hasbro own them.

Rememeber Hasbro tried to launch an Transformers CCG when Armada came out, but it was pulled before release because retailers weren't interested in carrying it.

Phazer

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Adult-sized Underoos.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    board games, yes.

i missed out on the AMD one but would totally hit a g1 one.

10. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

I've always appreciated a good fruit snack. Autobot and Decepticon insignias in cherry and grape, respectively.

11. zopilote_z

zopilote_z Well-Known Member

MP3 players and cell phones shaped as the insignia.

12. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

A few years ago a friend of mine bought a Decepticon faceplate for his cell phone. I don't know who made it, but I guess they probably don't make it anymore. It was probably for a model of cell phone that isn't sold anymore anyway.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    TF Monopoly...
    TF car accessories...
    TF electronic accessories (iPod, computers, console skins, cell phones, etc)

14. Frozen_Primal

Frozen_Primal ???????????????????????

a WOTC ( since Hasbro owns WOTC) RPG PnP TF game with all the series ( G1-BW-BM,RID, Armadaverse, etc!)

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh and one more thing. Hasbro should get their act together and release RID, Armada (the Complete Series) Energon (ditto) on DVD. I had to get the Superlink set because of CN's frelled up showing of Energon because I never saw the ending.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Hasbro ought to bring over the Audio CDs. They could swap out the vocal tracks with the USA versions of the intros to make the end product more marketable, or they could just put the actual Japanese CDs on their webstore.
    And how about the rest? The original G1 BGM, the score to Beast Wars and Beast Machines, the all-new BGM that accompanied RiD. Stuff that has never been released on CD. A limited run just for online distro through Hasbro's own store would be great.

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

You'd kill for a cake pan, Coldheart?!!