Ideas for new Alternators/Binaltech

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kristof, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well I have been thinking about what other vehicles to introduce into the Alternator line and which characters would go good with the Alternator line.

Well here are my ideas.

Bumblebee will more then likely never ever be a VW Beetle ever again due to legal reasons(cause VW doesn't want any part of "War Machines"). So I thought maybe he should be a Dodge Hornet.

[​IMG]

Now on to Cliffjumper. Now typically you would think he would merely be a repaint of Bumblebee, but in my opinion since he is so very different then Bumblebee character wise I thought he should have a different mold. The Dodge Caliber SRT-4 should fit Cliffjumper fairly well.

[​IMG]

Ideally I would vote for Ironhide to be an Astrovan, but since it is no longer in production that might be impossible. So I figured the Jeep Commander would work pretty well for him.

[​IMG]

Now Sideways I think would be a pretty good addition to the Alternator line since it currently lacks a motorcycle. Now you all are probably thinking a motorcycle would be pretty small compared to the other Alternators and that it would have kind of a dinky robot mode. Well that would be the case if you used a regular motorcycle and not the monster known as the Dodge Tomahawk.

[​IMG]

The next one I think would be cool would Trailbraker since there is currently only one truck mold in the line. I think the Jeep Gladiator would fit him perfectly.

[​IMG]

And since we currently have Red Alert in the BT line, why not add in his buddy Inferno. I think this Dodge Durango would suit him well.

[​IMG]

Well that is a lot of Autobots, how about Decepticons.

Soundwave I think would be sweet at the Dodge Challenger due to its boxy, yet sleek design.

[​IMG]

And again, ideally I think an Alternator Megatron should either be a Humvee or a M1A2 Abrams tank, but that will more then likely not happen due to their respectively huge size. So I figured the big, boxy, and bad boy Extended Wheel Base 300C would be good for him.

[​IMG]

And this last two just need to be used by some Transformer in the Alternator line just cause they look so badass. The Police Intercepter Dodge Magnum and Charger.

[​IMG]

Now I am pretty sure you all have noticed a bit of a trend in the pictures I have put up. That is right, they are all DCX made vehicles.

I did this for two reasons.
    1.) They are all very good looking designs in comparison to other American(well...kind of American) made cars.
    2.) There are currently 3 different molds(5 if you count the Hardtop Viper and Brushguard Wrangler) from DCX. No other car manufacturer has that many molds in the Alternator line(hell I don't think any of the others have more then 1), which leads me to believe that DCX is the most approachable and willing to allow their designs to be used as Alternators. Of course that is just speculation on my part.

Anyway, those are my ideas, what are yours?

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

^
    Ah, a fellow Mopar guy! :D 

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

While this thread has popped up a few times... I think your's probably has the most solid base. While I disagree with your choices for Cliffjumper and maybe Soundwave (that one I need to think about on a more sober head)... oh, and I'm not too sure about your Ironhide choice... you DO make good arguments for them all.

I like that you mentioned the Magnum and Charger, too. I actually saw a cop a few weeks ago in a Charger cruiser. Damn that thing was sweet. I'm a little stuck on who it would fit, though. My first instinct was Grimlock... but he's already taken. So far, all of the other ideas I had that MIGHT fit the Charger are already taken. Well, maybe another dinobot? I mean... the Mustang is an old old car... so the "Dinobot" title is somewhat appropriate... the Charger's pretty old, too. Maybe Slag or Snarl? I favor Snarl, personally, but only because of the name. ;) 

If you were willing to accept non-G1 into Alternators, the OBVIOUS choice for the Magnum is Cybertron Red Alert... I think constructing him into an Alternator wouldn't be too tough, given the size. This also would open up a number of possibilities for the Charger, though none spring to mind right away. It's a muscle car, so I could see it being anything from a hot-head who thinks he's much better than he really is (which could be Autobot or Decepticon), to someone who's got a lot of strength, but is reserved about using it (hence, the car, rather than a really powerful truck), to a basic soldier-type character.

You know what? I think that Kup might actually fit the Charger concept I just built.

Of course. That's just me. I'm sure there's a million arguments against it... the foremost of which being, "Kup wasn't a car, he was more like a pickup!" Yeah, well, Ravage (and/or Battle Ravage) wasn't a car either. Nor Grimlock. Or Shockwave. I think Kup would make a great Charger. Stop mocking me!

Maybe I should stop drinking now and go to bed. ;) 

4. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still think They need to produce a Kup from a Chevy SSR.

5. Kristof

An SSR would look pretty cool for Kup and match his previous vehicle mode pretty well due to its sleekness.
    [​IMG]

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I like the Hornet for Bumblebee. It looks similiar to the mold used for the Classics Bumblebee, plus the name is pretty dead on.

I think a Pontiac G6 would make a good Soundwave. My thinking here is that the grill of the vehicle is shaped in a design that, when transformed, would emulate the Tape Deck buttons of the original. Of course, he'd have to transformed in a manner similiar to Prowl for it to really work. Dark blue, white hood on it, with gold pin striping. Engine turns into Laserbeak, of course.

7. Kristof

Anyone else have any ideas for G1 characters that aren't Alternators yet?

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    We really should just sticky this damned topic...:lol 

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd like to see love from car companies that aren't daimler-chrysler *L* more fords, more GMs, some euro-cars, etc. there's a ton of cool vehicles out there waiting to be used.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the idea of an SSR for kup.. it is the modern El Camino...

11. Eamonn Prime

Eamonn Prime Active Member

A Smart Car would be awesome for Bumblebee.

12. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I would love to see those as Alts, I personally would rather see Soundwave as some type of truck or SUV and Kupp as a SSR would be awesome.

One thing i wish Hasbro would do is, instead of trying to fine more car companies to sign on and making tons of repaint is too work with the companies that have already allowed them to use their name. Use other vehicles and if they are going to reuse a vehicle then retool it with some custom parts (i.e. Head). Finally, limit your release dates, design 3-4 new vehicle/characters, reuse old idea and work it in new ones (like transformation, head sculpts) retool with new paint apps. Then we'll get a new character ever 1-2 months.

13. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Actually, DiamlerChrysler isn't really dominating the Alt line.

Currently, they have more alts out there, but by the end of the year (or whenever the next waves finally come out) it'll be a dead heat.

DiamlerChrysler 3 (Wrangler, Ram SRT, Viper)
    Ford 3 (1) (Mustang, GT, RX-7, upcoming Jag)
    Honda 2 (1) (RSX, S2000, upcoming Civic)
    GM 1 (1) (Corvette, upcoming Cadillac)
    Subaru 1 (Impreza)
    Toyota 1 (xB)

But since the parent company doesn't seem to make branding decisions like this, the badge or brand with the most alts will be tied at the end of the year between Dodge, Ford and Honda.

That seems to give us a pretty wide selection of brands and models.

I'd like to see two Toyotas:
    Perceptor as a Toyota Prius
    http://www.toyota.com/prius/color.html
    Fits the theme, makes sense and the Prius really is a remarkably designed car.

Motormaster as an FJ Cruiser
    http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/color.html
    I think this is a big enough thing that he'd be pretty imposing in bot mode and make sense in vehicle mode.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would think it would be funny if they did Wheelie, BUT only limited him one per 5 cases

Would be neat too see everyone go nuts hunting down their Wheelie Alt hehe

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    RX-7?

16. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Obviously that should have read RX-8.

And yes, Ford owns a controlling interest in Mazda (33%). Of course, when you think about it, Daimler owns Dodge/Chrysler, which of course begs me to ask why we haven't seen any Mercades Alts as of yet?

As for where this line should be going? Who knows. Personally, I would like to see a few more trucks/sedans, rather than the standard sports coupe we've seen countless times. Currently, too many of the Alts. suffer from a sort of "sameness" which is making the line a bit dull.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm just hoping the line continues after the movie...as of now according to Hasbro we already have everything we are getting for 2006 and 2007 they said there will be two which seems like a lot less then we are used to getting. Hopefully that just means new molds and not repaints. That would mean Rumble is a def 1 of the two ...

as for what I would like to see. Since Chevy is using the new movie to debut the new Camaro I would like to see the last new Alt before the movie to be said car :D  Since I own 2 Camaros already(real ones. not toys) :D 

18. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    More Toyotas and Hondas please.

Both make a wide range of vehicles, and are well known brands worldwide.

Some Alts from smaller speciality manuracturers like Noble or Louts would be most welcome.... but i think i'm dreaming.

I think Mercerdes very much dispute claims that they are under the control of Chrysler.

On that basis i could easily see them resisting any pressure from Chrysler to get involved in Alts.

If not for the no war toys reason, then simply becasue they consider themselves above such things...

Personally speaking, Mercedes are one of the brands i would LEAST like to see involved with TFs

19. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Whoops on the rx-7, my mind is stuck in the past.

Toyotas and Hondas are good options in general. I'd also like to see the Element and Ridgeline (is that what the Honda truck is called?) see it to the Alt line.

20. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I think the Peugeot 206 could make a good Bumblebee.

We could have a Nissan Terrano as a Trailbreaker.

A big Peterbilt truck as Optimus :p