Ideas for movie studio logos

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Feb 23, 2012.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about some ideas for other movie studio logos if they had ever made Transformers as well as some for the current Paramount/DreamWorks branding. It'd be funny if the Universal Pictures logo used Cybertron instead of Earth for the logo. I also thought it'd be cool to see them use Cybertron instead of the moon for the DreamWorks logo.

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

That would be awesome. Not many logos have that though

3. swishbig

swishbig Member

Did Dreamworks have anything to do with DOTM? I don't remember. But yeah that would be an awesome idea to replace the moon with Cybertron.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not from what i know, but they are not mentioned in the DOTM Opening credits only Paramounts

5. swishbig

swishbig Member

That's what I was thinking...

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I’m a big fan of customized movie production logos, and opening/closing credit sequences.

20TH CENTURY FOX
    The camera pans up from the logo into space, and the searchlights are seen to have the Autobot/Decepticon insignias (like Bumblebee’s signal in TFilm1).

AMBLIN ENTERTAINMENT
    The camera zooms into the Moon logo, and the Ark is seen crashlanding on it.

COLUMBIA
    A set of protoforms are seen flying past Lady Liberty (which was based on the Statue of Liberty, thus it could represent a “welcome” moment to the protoforms and the viewer).

DISNEY
    The Enchanted Castle is set on Cybertron, amidst a battle.

MARVEL STUDIOS
    Pages of Marvel “Transformer” comics are seen in the logo, which then goes all metallic and transforms into the Autobot/Decepticon insignias (like in the trailers).

MGM
    Ravage is seen snarling in the logo.

NEWLINE
    The logo is set in space and is metallic.

TRISTAR
    Sky-Lynx takes the place of the unicorn.

UNIVERSAL
    The logo fully appears, and a set of protoforms/ships are seen hurling towards the planet. Oh, it has to be the old Universal logo used on JURASSIC PARK, not this new one (it was never really that good IMO, I think the lack of Goldsmith’s score contributed to it).

WARNER BROS
    The logo is set in space and is metallic, and transforms into the Autobot/Decepticon insignias.

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking about the MGM one, but using one of the Dreads instead of Ravage. And what about Relativity Media? Why not replace the spiral galaxy with Cybertron? It's funny how you mention Colombia and New Line, because they were interested in a live-action TF movie way back when.

8. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Most photos I see from DOTM have, "COPYRIGHT 2011 DREAMWORKS LLC" or something like that written on them. And a lot of recent news about TF4 references DreamWorks so I just consider them uncredited in the film.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "I was actually thinking about the MGM one, but using one of the Dreads instead of Ravage."
    Ravage I think is the most famous of the animal Transformers. It'd make sense to have him in there.

"And what about Relativity Media?"
    Eh, I used only the most famous studios, with the most money to make the TFilms possible or even feasible.

"It's funny how you mention Colombia and New Line, because they were interested in a live-action TF movie way back when."
    This is interesting. Can you please share production info about the pre-Spielberg era?

10. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Isn't there a fan made one with the paramount intro. With a G1 Ark crashing into the mounting?

11. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Indeed, I was thinking about the same one!
    Transformers Teaser Trailer - HD - YouTube
    Plus, I have a REALLY GOOD ONE! How about instead of "A Michael Bay Film", it will say "A Steven Speilberg Film"?

12. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Yeah, a guy named Joseph Kahn who was known for directing music videos at the time attempted to pitch a live-action Transformers movie to Sony Pictures while they were gearing up for production on the first Spider-Man film in 2001. It was to be produced by both him and a former head of Colombia/Tri-Star named Chris Lee (who also produced Superman Returns) through both of their companies, SuperMega Media and Chris Lee Productions. Unfortunately for them, Sony Pictures lost interest and abandoned the project until Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto tried shipping the project to studios years later, resulting in the trilogy we have now. As for New Line, they had entered a bidding war for the property with DreamWorks and for the time, they were close to getting the property, but after many of DreamWorks then recent films did well at the box office and Steven Spielberg expressed interest in the property with him being a fan of the toys, comics, and cartoons, Hasbro ultimately sided with DreamWorks and it went from there.

13. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Steven Spielberg was too busy at the time to make a Transformers film.

14. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Them being the most famous I could understand, but I think that a company like RM could easily finance a TF film. And if they couldn't get it to the budget they would need, they could easily get some additional investors like Intermedia/IMF

15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    here's one:
    [​IMG] ;)  now if only they'd make the game into a movie

16. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the minority, but I really am not interested in seeing a WFC film.