Ideas For Comic Book Movie Addaptions

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by jerky123, Oct 25, 2009.

1. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    This is a thread were you disscuss how you would addapt a movie. I have an idea that I think could work for a Deadpool movie. And I also have a rough idea for "Xmen First Class"

Deadpool:Merc with a Mouth-

This take place after Strykers team in "Wolverine" disassembles. Starts out with a scene of Deadpool kicking pure ass! He is shooting and stabing, massacering a large group of thugs. As he finishes beating them, he reach's a shadow figure behind a desk. Deadpool cracks some puns, and get's an assassination mission from him. He is to kill an member from the seperated Stryker team, Agent Zero. After finding Agent Zero, the shadowy figure, now revealed to be Tombstone, tricks Deadpool and Angent Zero, caputring them. They are sent to a secret underground prison, were they meet Cable, the only guy that will help them escape. Eventually, Deadpool, Agent Zero, and Cable escape.

X-Men: First Class-

This is a some-what sequel to "Wolverine". Begins with Charles taking the mutants back to the building. When they arrive, Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Gambit meet Beast and Banshee. Charles trains them, and they become aa good team. Eventualy, Charles says he has to go somewere urgently. So, while he's gone, Quicksilver and many other trainies turn on our main heroes. In the end, Quicksilver and the other rebels are defeated. Charels returns, with a new member for the X-Men: Jean Grey.

So, do you guy have any good ideas for comic boook movie addaptions? ;) 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Adaptations of 'V for Vendetta' and 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' that are more faithful to their source materials. Also, a DCAU adaptation of 'The Dark Knight Returns', and a live-action Punisher MAX film based on 'The Slavers'.

3. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Knightfall.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd like to see an adaptation of Moon Knight.

5. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Y The Last Man, and Blankets

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Punisher: Born.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superman: The Man of Steel - Reboot of the Superman franchise. Assumes everyone already knows Superman's origin/background and it won't be covered again. The plot is largely borrowed from the introduction of Bizarro in S:TAS, but including the set-up for other characters (Steel, Superboy, Eradicator, Cyborg Superman and Doomsday, respectively) to appear in subsequent films that would cover the Death and Return of Superman arc.

Story opens with Superman flying through Metropolis and a brief scene where he rescues a construction worker from falling from a partially-completed building. Superman arrives at the Daily Planet and some scenes of Clark Kent's life. These scenes interspersed with scenes at LexCorp, revealing that Luthor has been conducting a project to clone Superman and the first potentially successful clone is ready for a limited release. NASA recruits the real Superman to investigate an unusual energy source on the moon's surface and leaves Earth temporarily to investigate. Meanwhile, the clone Superman is patrolling Metropolis, preventing petty crimes and generally doing good...but with each scene, it becomes clear that his mental functioning is imperfect and he begins making increasingly serious mistakes.

In space, the real Superman discovers that the energy source is the heavily damaged remains of a Kryptonian weapon. At his touch, the artifact sends out a burst of energy that temporarily disorients Superman. The energy burst also disables the shuttle Excalibur, situated in low Earth orbit. As the Excalibur falls through the atmosphere, headed towards Metropolis, the clone Superman notices and attempts to prevent it from crashing. His impaired mental function becomes even more clear as his actions result in the shuttle crashes into a wooded area, killing the crew. But as the scene ends, some of the shuttle's disabled equipment briefly flickers back to life. Realizing the problems with the clone, Luthor shuts down the cloning project, removes all equipment and orders all remaining clones disposed of. The scene ends with a shot of a massive clone tube with the shadowy outline of a huge, rocky creature inside and, in the foreground, a single monitor briefly flickers with the blurred image of a human face.

The real Superman returns from space and stores the artifact in the Fortress of Solitude for later analysis. After returning to Metropolis, he learns of the shuttle crash and investigates. The "Bizarro" clone, now showing severe physical deformity as well as mental impairment, attacks Superman, resulting in a massive battle over Metropolis. The battle ends with the clone defeated and unconscious. Superman later transports the clone to an uninhabited planet far from Earth.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

if i would do one, i'd make it like the comics (ie like how the Planet Hulk DVD is based on)...

one's i'd use are Age of Apocalypse. Either tie everything in together or make each issue its own mini-movie. Start with X-Men Alpha and end with X-Men Omega

another one is Fable. Make each arc a movie or start from the first issue to the downfall of the empire. then the next one continues after that.

9. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I want an animated Spider-man film, the whole Gwen Stacy epic. The end of Raimi's first movie was a nice homage but not enough for me. Maybe add in when Green Goblin knocked the snot out of the Hobgoblin if it's at all possible. :thumb 

10. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

THE TICK!!!! With Patrick Waturbuton reprising the role of the tick.

11. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I personally think its really hard for many comics to be turned into movies for the main reason that there is so much more info over the long run of a comic then the 2 hours of a movie. And on top of this some themes are not marketable to a mass audience so they will get modified. Thats not to say there haven't been good comic movies because there are some i think its hard to get the right balance. That said if they could do it right i would love to see a Authority movie or Desolation Jones movie(If you haven't read it go find it now!). Another book that i think would actually translate perfect to a movie would be Meltdown, it was done in such a way that i def think it could work as a film with little to no changes.

12. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    The John Byrne story?

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I forgot about Desolation Jones. Man what a good book that just disappeared

I want an Ex Machina movie. Have Mayor Hundred have to deal with Phrarson while in office and flashback to their first encounter while he was the Great Machine.

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

My idea of rebooting Superman would be a little different.

In terms of stories I'd tell, they'd probably be fusions of related stories from across the various mediums, as opposed to direct adaptations or even what I'd call fairly close adaptions:
    * 1st film: The Origin, Luthor & Metallo = Inasmuch as Superman's origin is already ingrained in the public consciousness, a recap in the first half-hour would be necessary for setting up things that would happen later in this series of films; parts of it would be a mix of Byrne, Waid, Johns and S:TAS, with Action Comics #584, Superman #1 (Vol. 2), and "The Way Of All Flesh" (S:TAS) combined to round out Metallo's introduction.
    * 2nd film: Bizarro & Parasite = some mix of Man Of Steel #5, "Feeding Time" and "Identity Crisis" (S:TAS), and a few elements of "Superman Lives" and that recent "Bizarro Superman" pitch WB commissioned in there, too.
    * 3rd film: Zod & Brainiac = Adventures Of Superman #444 and S:TAS' "Stolen Memories" combined with Johns' "Brainiac" arc, with Kara held off on until...
    * 4th film: Doomsday & Henshaw (The Death and Return Of Superman) = Basically "Superman: Doomsday" at its core with "Little Girl Lost" Part I (S:TAS), Adventures Of Superman #466, Superman #79 (Vol. 2) and MOS #22 wrapped around it.

As I posted in a previous thread, for this version I'd retcon Superman back into the SOLE survivor of his birth planet. Zod would be the sole survivor of Krypton from a 'mirror' universe a la Star Trek (he's even got the goatee already), which is actually not too far removed from the first Post-COIE version of Zod. As for Kara, I'd follow the DCAU's lead and make her the last survivor of a sister planet to Krypton.

For that matter, there's the Supergirl/Power Girl thing - they're ostensibly supposed to be the same person from different realities IIRC (this kind of multiverse crap confuses me). I'd stick with ONE Kara, thanks. Though lately I've begun to prefer her as Power Girl rather than Supergirl, to reduce comparisons to the 1984 dud and give the character a little more identity of her own.

I'd also turn Kandor - assuming I would ever actually be compelled to use it - back into the Post-COIE extra-dimensional city of various alien races that were captured and put there. If you had to, you could say that they were all put there by Brainiac instead of by an "alien wizard" - actually, yeah, I'd prefer Brainiac over the alien wizard (sheesh!) - which could probably be easier to tie into my take on Zod.

Other than that, pretty much everything I'd do I posted here:
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1765274#post1765274
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1765275#post1765275
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1765276#post1765276
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1781974#post1781974
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1783565#post1783565
    http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=1783931#post1783931
    With rough drawings of what I'd aim for visually: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/Jochimus/My%20Superman%20Concepts/?start=0

15. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

I've wanted a Power Pack movie forever. An animated one in the style of the "Marvel Age" version, based on Gurihiru's art would just about be the greatest thing ever.

EDIT: Screw it, go ahead with a "Marvel Zombies" movie too, see if I care.