Ideas for a new online store:

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Incarnate, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Okay, so , I am starting a new online store really soon, I have the domain name, I have the webpage in the planning stages, and we've got our startup capital. I envision it to be kinda Transformers oriented, at least to begin with, but here's the point where I want to pick your brains:

What is it that you would like me to sell to you? What items can I get in stock that you personally would want to buy? If you want GI Joes, let me know, Revoltech, Figma, if I can find it, I can stock it. If there is something that you would like to buy from me, let me know, and I will make it so that you can buy it at a good price.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing more variety in non TF/Joe vintage stuff. I don't know how much of a market there is, but it's frustrating for me to be limited to mainly Ebay, BBTS and a handful of overpriced webstores when looking for TMNT, Marvel, and early Batman movie stuff.

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Truly? I just want better access to toys that are mostly limited to Japan. But I know that's tough with custom taxes etc.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    The fanboy in me would love it if you could stock some super sentai/power rangers and Kamen Rider goodies. There's several fans and collectors on this forum alone, so I'd say there's a market for a more local way of buying them. Even for me, living in the uk - shipping from the US is cheaper than Japan or Hong Kong.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Choro-Q plz kthx. And not that Penny Racers garbage either.

6. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Those are all great ideas, and I am taking notes. Any more?

I am being firm in the policy that if we can pre-sell merchandise, it doesn't matter what that merchandise is. So even if we specialize in TFs, if we get enough guaranteed orders together to make a shipment of obscure items viable, we'll do it.