Ideas for a live action TV show based off of the movies!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazzmatic Prime, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

I Just had a cool idea fro a live action tv show based on the movie-verse. i know that this has been posted before about how to make it a reality, but just read on.

why not make it in the form of the power rangers? real life cars and trucks but when it comes to being in robot mode, put people in costumes for the action seqensess. think megazord on a smaller scale and you've pretty much nailed it on the head.

What do you think? Cool, Cool but Cheesy, or Bad...

2. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    So you have Transformers appearing at the end after the bad guy gets super-charged? (I don't mean to sound arsey, I just want to understand what you're driving at a bit better.)

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Er, no... I'd much prefer an actual live-action show where they use CGI for the robots. It would be nice if they had a mini-series of sorts that bridges the 07 and ROTF movies, and then another one to bridge ROTF and TF #3, so we can get an idea of what exactly went on between the movies.

4. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

the reason i used power rangers as a refrence was because look how much money it took to make a two and a half our movie, tv show seasons are longer than one movie. it would be cool but way WAY to expensive.

5. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

Power rangers drive tf cars and diseny and hasbro and bandai be partiers for this show

6. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Now that's a notion I approve most heartily of! Miniseries generally have pretty good budgets and production quality. A lot was achieved in Children of Dune (the miniseries back in 2003) and with the technological advances six years down the line, it could be a damned impressive thing.

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Transformers: NEST*

This TV series could bridge the gap between TF1 and ROTF. It would mainly focus on the robots and the military, and sort of go with a "villian of the week" theme. Each episode, the NEST group would hunt down a Decepticon(s). It could also show how NEST was formed.
    My idea is that it could feature Autobots like Brawn, Springer and Breakaway, sometime, and others who didn't make it into ROTF

* This is a fan-fic idea I am currently working on

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's the idea I would run with. Possibly with an ongoing background plot behind the Decepticon incursions, there's a big bad behind them who is aiming at revenge for the defeat of Megatron.

My vote goes to Shockwave.

9. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Mine does too, considering that, that is a good idea.

10. metal6gear6rex6

metal6gear6rex6 Banned

that would be absolutely terrible.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I love this idea.

If anything since the movie transformers needs to take itself less serious so that those of us pissed off at the movie can come down from the dissapointment.

I would watch a show trying to be serious about robots in disguise but then completely faltering when it came to the subject of the show by making it rediculous costumes.

Its enough hilarity to make the whole thing enjoyable as the punchline is the climax of the action.

12. Darthrai

Darthrai Well-Known Member

Sure, that would be a great idea. Just not like Power Rangers. It should be like the upcoming Star Wars live-action TV series, character-driven, with the same special effects as the movie and with an ongoing plot (a "villain of the week" theme would be OK as long as there's an ongoing, solid plot). Maybe they could even introduce the Dinobots that way!

And yeah, Transformers: NEST is a brilliant idea.

13. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

This. I'd also vote for a prequel series, showing us what happened before they reached the Earth

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    No. Sorry. I agree with neoprimus01 ^^^

15. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

the way I see it, it looks like the main focus is going to be put on humans.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think I'd much rather see a anime-styled adaptation of the Movieverse if they were going to go that way. Make it very much a more serious style (in terms of art direction and in story), because I can't see a silly/kid-style anime working for the Movieverse.

Gungrave would be a good example of the style I'd like it to emulate (I'm sure there are others, that's just the first one that jumps to mind ^_^).

I think ANY project that expands the Movieverse needs to have the approval of Bay and Co. Not so much that they're going to be in charge of the show, but rather that anything that happens in the show needs to be recognized as canonical for future movies (Arcee is a great example of the movie not matching up with the expanded universe). That would also give Orci and Kurtzman some room to suggest, or perhaps even tackle, ideas and issues that they had to discard for the movies for different reasons.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I somewhat echoed the NEST idea, but instead of a story, just have ten minutes of pure action a week, just like the Shanghai sequence. Simple but beautiful, like Gendy Tartovsky's Clone Wars, :bay