Customs: Ideas for a combiner wars Predaking

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Omega495, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

SDCC is just around the corner and I hope to see a combiner Predaking. But just in case it is not announced, what are the other options to kitbash or scratchbuild a custom one.

Here are a few which i can think of
    CW Alpha Bravo for gestalt arms
    TR Wolfwire for Rampage (may also be used for Tamtrum and Headstrong's beast legs)
    RID Power surge optimus for gestalt wings

• Like Like x 1
  2. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    Streetwise can be converted into Blot for Abominus. All he needs is new arms, beast legs and a beast head

As for the predacons. Hotspot could become Razorclaw with a faux chest.

Air raid and the other jets would make good limbs because of the sleek build

• Like Like x 1
  3. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Seen a picture going around of an official Predaking as part of the third line in the Primes Trilogy. Thus building one might be far too costly to justify when there's an official one round the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omega495

Yes I have seen it, and will get it when it is released.
    But I have a few unsual ideas for my ideal Predaking, and I don't think any official or third party version would do justice to my vision.
    Its an itch that only a custom figure can satisfy.

You can consider it similar to the GoaGaiGar custom you are working on.
    Although there are many representations for the character, they probably don't match your vision, and so you are making a custom one.

On a side note, I have the MMC Feral Rex and its Jinbao KO, they are pretty close to what I want but still not quite right.

5. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hmm, I wonder what you're thinking of for each of them though, I'm not sure Alpha Bravo fits any animal shapes other than marine animals XD Sounds like you might be more interested in making a Piranacon instead XD

6. Omega495

I am still at early planning stage and so things would change.
    Overall Predaking will mostly resemble MMC Feral Rex, with a extending abdomen like TFC Ares and UT Warlord's sleekness.
    Regarding armbots, Divebomb will mostly be Alpha Bravo, and will resemble MMC Talon.

Rampage is pretty crazy. He will be Alpha Bravo's torso with TR Wolfwire's limbs.
    For gestalt mode, Alpho bravo's lower legs will form a shell around wolfwire's legs, so that the gestalt is fairly symmetrical.
    While in beast mode the shell would wrap around beast mode torso.

7. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

I've had one in suspended progress for about a year now. I really need to get back on it...

8. Omega495

Still looking for ideas on this.

One thing I really want is to have different height for each member, while still being comparable height wise.
    Rampage is shortest, deluxe sized.
    Divebomb is a head (1cm) taller than Rampage.
    Razorclaw is 2-3 cm taller than Divebomb.
    Headstrong is 2-3 cm taller than Razorclaw.
    Tantrum is .5-1cm taller than Headstrong.

9. Omega495

I have been waiting to check out POTP Predaking, to see if I could use it for my Predaking.
    POTP version's aesthetics don't match with what I have in mind, but it did help me make a choice for the molds to use.
    FILE3294_Lean_2b.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Omega495

Here is combination approach.

Headstrong and Tantrum would have half thighs on their back, but they won't go below the waist swivel, maybe even fit in the robot torso like CW connectors.

Razorclaw's legs would form upper thighs, the hips would need to slide outward like TCW-01 Defensor or have double joints like TFC Ares, so the hips can be wider. One or two piece would be needed to cover the crotch from front and back.

Razorclaw from waist up would need to form center of Predaking's torso.
    The lion head would be on a connector which would move it to the Predaking's chest, another piece would carry Predaking head to it's proper place, the whole setup would be similar to CW Superion's head.
    Some parts of Razorclaw's back would also shift up, and carry the back cannons to Predaking's back OR the cannons would fold on themselves to sit lower in razorclaw mode while they would fold out to full length in Predaking mode, similar to TFA Magnus' hammer handle.

Rampage and Divebomb's back pack would form sides of Predaking's torso.
    The wing pack would need to widen so that it gets covers the width of Predaking's chest. It would have some sort of rotating peg connecting it to Divebomb's back pack, one side would separate from Divebomb and the connect to Rampage's backpack. The wing could stay in place during transformation or you could remove it for a simpler transformation.

The whole setup might end up with an empty chamber in the Predaking's chest big enough to hold a legends sized figure, or multiple prime masters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omega495

Just adding a few pics for design inspiration.

1. Studio OX concept art
    2. Studio OX colored by LimaBean01
    3. and 4. POTP Concept art - Leaked from Cybertron

Predaking_u002.jpg predaking_by_limabean01.jpg Leaked-From-Cybertron-Predaking-04 - Copy.png Leaked-From-Cybertron-Predaking-04.png