Ideas for a Beast Wars remake

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by beastal, Nov 16, 2017.

1. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on a remake for Beast Wars?

Autobots & Decepticons to be reborn as Maximals & Predacons?

Animals in mind?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would definitely like to see Beast Wars be re-visited again, but I would be more interested in seeing what happened after the peace on cybertron at the end of beast machines. Although, I have a feeling it would be unlikely.

• Like Like x 3
  3. beastal

I can picture this:

In the future, mankind searches for a new homeworld after Earth was destroyed by Unicron. They find a new world similar to Earth.

Maximals:
    - Maximus Minor to Optimus Primal
    - Ultra Mammoth (descendant of Ultra Magnus)
    - Cheetor to Rodimus Primal
    - Arcee
    - Rattrap

Predacons:
    - Predaking (betrayed and slained by Kilotron)
    - Kilotronus to Megatron & Galvatron
    - Starscream
    - Soundwave
    - Waspinator
    - Tarantulus
    - Scorponok

What do you think of the Maximals & Preds so far? What are your thoughts? Any animals in mind?

All factions must balance their species with all kinds.

Bring back Triplechangers, Fuzors, Transmetals I/II. And perhaps bring out Combiners, Headmasters, Targetmasters. And spies.

As for Pretenders, bring them back. Pretender suits where both factions blend in with humans.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Noooooo! Please no!

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'd do things VERY differently, more than a bit darkly, and perhaps dripping with a little satire here and there...let's just say I don't feel that EVERY Cybertronian conflict has to result in both factions somehow ending up on Earth to start their battle anew, and I also think it's high time to get the hell away from Earth's Ancient Past as a plot device in TF stories. You've been warned...

The year is 2984. In the centuries following the nuclear strikes in the mid-21st century which ended World War III - fought over what to do with the salvaged Cybertronian technology left behind when the Autobots and Decepticons were finally kicked off of Earth - Earth has been largely reclaimed by its surviving flora and fauna. Humans exist only in isolated pockets, in city-states scattered across the once-great superpowers of the world, with Africa serving as the hub of the world now that North America, Europe and Asia are more or less wastelands. World peace has apparently been achieved, but not in a way you'd expect or necessarily like: possession or even USE of technology is punishable by immediate execution, and spiritual salvation is espoused through the REJECTION of otherworldly superior beings. In essence, xenophobia has become the new Christianity.

Of course, even here there are "devil worshippers", so to speak: human tribes who have applied the knowledge passed down to them from generations to repurpose what little Cybertronian technology remains to attempt to remake the Earth in the image of their horned, planet-eating overlord, hint hint...starting with the resurrection of now-extinct animal species with Cybertronian science so as to better fill their master's belly. But the Unicron thing is a really a fairy tale with which the real masterminds behind the cult have been manipulating their followers - those masterminds being giant, mutated insectoids and reptilians so enhanced bionically as to possess the ability of Transformation themselves. And THEIR leader is a large, bipedal crocodilian whose tails links to his right forearm and forms an energy-cannon in a manner every bit as familiar as the bucket-helmet over his head. Calling himself Galvatron with reference to at least one of the names once held by one HE considers a great warrior of the past, he and his "brothers" are in fact one-half of an earlier, successful 'early run' which occurred at the height of the war hundreds of years earlier. The 'Predacons' have since emerged from cryogenic stasis and, after spending the better part of the last decade or so monitoring the human condition, have decided that NOW'S the time to compel what's left of humankind into wiping itself out and clearing the way for the Beasts to inherit the Earth as is their Biblical destiny.

But remember what I said about the Predacons being only HALF of that earlier cyber-enhancing salvage of dead animal species? The reason they came out first was because they were created as a military response/pre-emptive/defense force in the hope of curtailing further human losses; until recently they've been unaware that a second wave even exists, much less that that second wave was created for the more pacificistic purpose of building and salvaging under heavily-hostile conditions in the wake of the first wave...and both suspect that the second wave isn't likely to be embraced by the first wave with open arms, or that EITHER is going to get all that civil a welcome from the humans once they're found out. Which may go some way to explain why the bionic simian leading this new group of similarly-bionic quadrupeds has chosen to wear a familiar-looking blue helmet and battle mask to go with his retracting energy-swords...

Not very faithful, I admit, but there would be a few hints of the Movies and Aligned in here, at least - the whole "Earthicron" thing gets referenced (even if it isn't explicitly true in this case - which IMHO at this point would be for the best), and there's the tiniest hint that the government-sponsored project that created the Beasts in the first place might've been an S7/KSI kind of thing.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  6. beastal

But what of the Maximals?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  8. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

They're referenced in the fourth paragraph, but admittedly without much detail. Again, I was trying to get away from just rehashing the whole "two warring factions of Cybertronians crash-land on prehistoric Earth" thing.

As for the factions themselves:

MAXIMALS
    Primal - mountain gorilla (again, not Optimus Primal or Optimal Optimus or any of that…it's just Primal; this for the sake of minimizing G1 name re-usage)
    Rhinox - white rhinoceros
    Cheetor - South African cheetah
    Rattrap - large Gambian pouched rat

PREDACONS
    Galvatron - Nile crocodile
    Dynamonitor - Nile monitor (basically Dinobot with a different name and species, again owing to wanting to get the **** away from Earth's Ancient Past, which unfortunately means dinosaurs too)
    Terrorsoar - giant southern flying lizard (they're actually indigenous to India instead of Africa, but most flying lizards are indigenous to southern Asia anyway, and India is the one country they live in there that's closest to Africa…oh, and yes, again I altered the name to keep things contemporary)
    Tarantulus - giant baboon spider
    Waspinator - giant black African wasp
    Quickstrike - giant fat-tail scorpion (essentially my stand-in for Scorponok, again to get away from using G1 names outside of Galvatron)

Beyond the various name/species/backstory changes, I figure the character personalities would more or less be intact from classic BW.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  9. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I'd rather see a Beast Wars prequel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. beastal

I feel like some will be unresponsive later so I gotta make backups somehow. I feel like nobody's interested in bringing something like Beast Wars back to life.

11. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
  12. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Navigation, is this the right planet?

Id rather see a beast machines prequel
    What megatron was up to after he fell off of the ark shuttle

13. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

If I was to write a Transformers series, it would be a more traditional Autobots vs Decepticons on modern-day Earth story, but there would definitely be beast Transformers involved. Remember what Shockwave was up to in Fall of Cybertron? Well, swap him out for Tarantulas, and the Dinobots for the Maximals and Predacons.

A deranged Decepticon scientist named Mesothulas, who later renamed himself "Tarantulas" in reference to his new beast mode, was so fascinated by many of the life forms inhabiting a far-away planet (Earth, of course), that he got the idea to remodel other Cybertronians into new bodies based on the those creatures, and use them as weapons against the hated Autobots. Some were fellow Decepticons who volunteered to have their bodies altered, while others where captured Autobots and civilians who had to be "domesticated" after their remodeling.

The Decepticon higher-ups, especially Megatron himself, loved the idea and results so much, that Tarantulas' little science experiment became an official project: Project Predacon. Tarantulas was tasked with creating an entire army of beasts that would serve the Decepticon empire, a task the psychotic spider-con gleefully accepted. Over the years, Tarantulas, with some assistance from other Decepticon scientists, was able to create tens of thousands of Predacon super-soldiers before several of his test subjects (who later named their group the Maximals) managed to escape before their domestication, aid the Autobots in finding and destroying all of his secret labs (as well as free dozens of other unwilling test subjects), and exterminate a large portion of the Predacon forces. By the time both sides evacuated Cybertron, only a few dozen Predacons, including Tarantulas, were still alive, scattered amongst the Decepticon forces on multiple planets throughout the universe.

Aside from Tarantulas and Waspinator, the surviving Maximals and Predacons wouldn't be characters from the Beast Wars TV show, because I'm not sure if I'd be able to write them well enough to do them justice. Instead, I would use characters from the toyline and comics (though most of their personalities would be quite different from their bios and/or fictional portrayals), as well as characters from various other toylines/series.

I originally wanted Shockwave to be the mastermind behind Project Predacon, much like his Aligned Continuity portrayals, and Tarantulas would have been his lab partner/assistant, but I decided I didn't like the idea of Tarantulas playing second fiddle to someone else, and figured other people wouldn't like it, either, even if it was a well-known and popular character like Shockwave. So I came up with this story, and I like it a lot more than what I originally had in mind. I hope the rest of you like it, too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  14. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Autobot Meme Dealer

all i need is the wtf@tfw idea of Bumblebee being a cheetah but always makes bee puns and uses stingers in robot mode. also hates Waspinator for no real reason

• Like Like x 2
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'd use all new characters, likely the non-show characters from the original toyline, with a brand new setting and storyline.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    <3

17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I've got to agree with this - we'd be better off with a conceptual remake instead of trying to hit every note the previous version had.

• Like Like x 4
  18. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

3 things:

1) if to take place on early earth, do so with some of the stranger extinct beasts from prehistory.

2) if to take place at any point on another planet, make it like Pandora. I wanna see 6-legged mammoth ponies and a transforming Toruk-Mok-toh!

3) if making it on present day earth, make it a nanobots start reformatting zoos story! Have Primal be the bad guy for once, choosing vengeance over virtue, have megaligator choose the independence of the new race take priority over humans' needs. Splinter factions. Doublecrossings. Moral ambiguities. Make it GOT meets Dexter meets alien nation meets ghost in the shell.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Yep. There're some 40 or so characters from the toyline not in the show. Give them a story. (Personally I think one happening at the same time as the regular BW show -and sometimes being affected by the events of said show- would be awesome.)

• Like Like x 1
  20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

This is the winner. Say whatever you want about G1, it gave at least a beam of limelight to every character. Even Skids, such as it were. If they brought back BW, I'd hope it'd be more of a Justice League Unlimited thing where all the non-show characters filter through into the spotlight.

And as much as I don't like BW OR TFA, they BOTH could use a show like that.

• Like Like x 1