Ideal Summer Jobs for 13 yr. old?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tfan123, May 7, 2010.

1. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Okay, so i need a little extra money. So, any of you know of an ideal summer job that is LEGAL for a 13 year old? Thnks a lot!

2. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Sell your old stuff you don't need? Or just go around your neighborhood looking to clean their yards or something I am sure you'll find something you can do.

3. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

^good idea dude. Thnx.

4. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

mowing grass?
    Delivering newspapers?

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mowing lawns...

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    If you know where to look you can find summer jobs for kids your age. When do you turn 14? Most grocery stores hire kids age 14, sometimes 13, to bag groceries, you may not get 40 hours but you will get minimum wage which will earn you a lot more than just mowing a few lawns or having a small yard sale. Try applying at your local grocery stores to get on as a bag boy.

If that doesn't work check with family and friends of your parents or even your parents to see if they know anyone who needs help at work. I had a friend who use to make about 200 a week during summer working on his aunt and uncle's farm.

If none of that works then get down to doing odd jobs for cash, if a yard needs cleaning do it, if a dog needs walking do it, if a house needs painting rent yourself out. Just make sure you and the client agree on a price BEFORE you start. Print of some fliers at home and list everything you are capable of, ie mowing, raking, dog walking, car washing etc. and list if you want toss in a price range, say "Starting at $5 an hour" or something like that and list your phone on the bottom.

Another way I use to make money as a kid was to buy packs of soda cans at walmart and then place them in a cooler full of ice and sell them at yard sales for $0.50 a pop though now it'd have to be around $.75 to $1 a pop. You could also buy those snack packs of chips that come with single serving bags of chips in various flavors and sell them $1 a bag, slap up a sign at your folk's next yard sale saying Ice Cold Sodas $0.75 and Delicious Chips $1.00 a bag or get a Soda and a bag of Chips for $1.50, you lose $0.25 but you're likely to sell more.

7. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I don't think 13 year olds can legally get jobs, unless it's just stuff like mowing lawns.

8. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Web design.

9. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Mowing is probably your best choice. A friend of mine did that a few years back, and made a pretty good amount each week. 'Course, it was a rainy summer, but still.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Probably mowing lawns, trimming hedges, or you can start your own dog-walking business. Also washing cars, painting houses/sheds etc.

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Hey I racked up mowin lawns when I was a lad. Aint nothin' wrong with a young whippersnapper mowin a lawn or two, nosir. Damn kids and their Zima. :) 

13. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Jizzmopper.;) 

14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    mowed lawns when I was that age. basically manual labor through word of mouth.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  15. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    If your birthday is soon(like in the next month or two)you should wait till your 14 so there'll be more ACTUAL jobs at shops and such.

If your birthday isn't till after the summer then you better get to mowing those lawns :lol .

16. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    If you can manage it, after you turn 14 apply at any places you can find and stay on, even after school starts back. Just work hard at school to keep your grades up, you wont lose too much free time because minors can only work so many hours a week but you will be able to make some decent cash.

17. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Mow lawns, pick up dog poop, any menial job around people's homes. Hell, you could offer to clean people's houses.

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much what everyone else is saying, do odd jobs for next to no pay.

19. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Mowing lawns is the best thing I could find to do but that's been mentioned numerous times. When I was that age another thing I did for money was work at a local flea market for a toy seller. I put together Tranformers, GI Joe, etc for cash or for toys...if you can find somethign like that I would say go for it.

But seriously, you're 13....enjoy being a kid while you can. Getting older sucks.....my suggestions.....go to the lake, have fun for the summer..maybe meet a girl and enjoy being young

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Paperboy. Or just look into the newspaper, guess you'll find something there.