Idea: What if say SG-1 visited Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by surak777, Mar 13, 2007.

1. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking and have executed an idea about a scenario where say the Stargate found Cybertron...
    really though the Idea is more SG-1 based I've seen star wars and star trek things here... I just like the idea of having the SG team looking up, and up and going, hmm that building is talking to us... I'd use say 3-4th season Stargate (the Goa'uld would definitely have reasons for leaving Cybertron alone)

Just my ramblings.. if it's a good idea I'll write it.. otherwise... I'll come up with something decent soon enough. Let me know! :) 

***edit relivant data for newcomers to the story thread***
    found this it is lil formers strip and pretty much describes my attitude in life (but I'm trying to keep this story serious lol)
    Lil Formers #36 - Spacebridge by Matt Moylon!! I feel so ashamed I missed this! THUNK! (you'll get the thunk joke keep reading)

2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You know your idea has merit; I was trying to write an SG-1/Alternators story at one point where the Alternators were being recreated on Earth and waking up from the Ark later then 1984. Shockblast ws leading the Decepticons and was going to use the Stargate to locate Cybertron once again.

Your idea is intriguing, but why would the Ancients be the builders of the Cybertroians? If you're using Cartoon Continuity it's prett clear the Quintessons built them... Blending universes can be tricky; making the Ancients the builders of the Cybertronians wouldn't that also mean that they'd have to have huge sources of Naqueda or however thats spelled since the Ancients seemed to like using that material in their constructing of technologies. Probably would be cool; Cybertron could be like the highest concentration of pure Naqueda in the Stargate universe if that were the case. Question is; did the Autobots and Decepticons still bring their war to Earth during the Eighties? Considering the amount of exposure they got; it'd be pretty tough to have kept them hidden from the Stargate people all this time especially with an Intertellar/Galactic war going on between the two factions.

Don't take my ramblings to mean you shouldn't attempt it; because I'd just love to see a good Starsgate SG-1/Transformers Crossover, doesn't seem to be any I've ever come across except one, but that one was a tad... Well the author enjoys Slash between Male/Male characters so it was kind of queasy to get through. If you do write this I'd love to read it; I really have never felt comfortable writing the SG1 characters, which is a major reason why my story failed to get off the ground... So yeah; don't take what I say too literally, just tryin' ta brainstorm some ideas and all that, writers still like to brainstorm together don't they? :lolol 

3. surak777

I got you, wasn't doing slash lol (shudder) lol hmm
    I can leave the quintessons.. hmm maybe finding cybertron forces them to go look for "The Ark" (which would still be on Mt St Hillary) hmm I like that... does make it harder for the SGC to hide things from the public though... hmm... good suggestions though... I'll stick to G1 continuity for my own sanity sake too (except for Optimus becoming a computer game and dying because megatron cheats)

(secretly wants to see a puddlejumper transformer)

hmm.. well I have much to consider now... (goes back to notes) I thank you (beats head on desk)

PS. I take no offense I couldn't find a feasible reason for the g1 continuity AND sgc to work without comprimise... there must be a way... any other suggestions?

4. surak777

Prologue

Now mind you the may take a bit to get to the Transformers, but It'll happen trust me... Ultimately though my mind has worked this out as an SG-1 episode... so here's what I've got just before the opening title of Episode one

SGC complex Cheyenne Mountain level 18 August 2000

Daniel Jackson sat in his lab reading information out of a book and occasionally compared it to glyphs on a computer screen. He continued working until he’s interrupted.
    The lab is cluttered a bit, and he sifted through other papers and books he used as references. The text Daniel is working on has a strange mix of symbols on it. The one he kept coming back to seemed to resemble a creature with 5 faces.

“You wish to see me Daniel Jackson?” a deep voice said in an oddly formal way.

“Yeah Teal’c, I was wondering if you’ve seen this symbol or creature before.” Daniel pointed to the glyph.

“Looks like a creature I heard of in a story when I was a child.” The large man raised an eyebrow until it came close to receding into the gold medallion on his forehead. “A tale to scare children from going places they should not, or the dark judge will get them.” He walked in further to see more of Daniel Jackson’s work.

“This is from the texts from P5X-756 from the Ancients Stargate database Jack added while under the influences of the Ancients device, Teal’c.” Daniel looks at the larger man in frustration. “SG 12 says the Goa’uld never visited that world.” He showed Teal’c the report which the larger man reviewed and then quickly handed back to Daniel.

“Indeed?” Teal’c’s eyebrow moved further up toward the medallion.

“I have gotten a gate address out of the texts, but everything leads back to this five faced symbol in every instance in the text.” Daniel threw the report on top of the clutter on his desk and leaned back in his chair and sighed.

“I assume then that the writer was either using as a warning, as in the stories of of my youth, or to describe a creature.” Teal’c moved back towards the door. “Will there be anything else Daniel Jackson?”

“No… I’ll let you know Teal’c, thanks.” Daniel went back to the text, then stopped for a moment to rub his eyes.

(Cue title)
    ***notes title link is SG-1 theme on guitar***
    [​IMG]

5. Scrapper6

Short, but interesting and fairly accurate to the characters I think, though like I said I'm not very good with them characteristicswise so it's hard for me to tell all the time.

A word of warning; you might wish to consider spacing between conversations, changing from Daniel speaking to Teal'C speaking, makes it easier on the eyes for readers. Your blending of the two universes while subtle has hinted at much more tantalizing developments; I look forward to more. Perhaps an examble would be in order concerning my spacing suggestion; I'm afraid I'm not sure if I worded it clearly...

"I Optimus Prime shall destroy you just as Rodimus crushed Galvatron." Prime proclaimed.

"And you'll die trying just like Rodimus." Megatron sneered. :lolol  Boy I love being creative.

6. surak777

how's that? (sorry was in word and typing, I'm lucky the grammar and english came out ok)

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Been thinking about this as well.

In the way that I imagine it, SG-1 will find a mention of 'Nebulos' in an Ancient computer. Naturally they decide to check it out, to find an advanced, Taurian-esque society...But with strangely mutated human inhabitants. They investigate, make friends with the government, and slowly find out that the naquadah(sc) supplies beneath the source have been changed in such a way that the Nebulonians have been mutated over time. Shortly after one of the SG-1 members is kidnapped, and as they try to find out what has happened, they're deemed traitors by the Hive High Council. They try to escape but find the Stargate sealed off by the Hive military, and just when they're about to be caught they're saved by a few of their Nebulonian friends...Who turn out to be Autobot holograms.

The Autobots explain that they crashed on Nebulos a few centuries ago, after they stopped Shockwave from reaching the planet where the Nemesis had crashed (in other words: an alternate universe where the Ark never took off, but the Nemesis did in search of new Energon sources, accidentally crashing onto Earth after a warp accident).

Both factions had survived the crash, but their ships were damaged beyond repair. The Decepticons decided to mix the Naquadah with Energon, so that the Nebulonians would be mutated and more easily effected by the Decepticon's mind control tactics. They had waged a hidden war for centuries, neither side getting any closer to finding a way of Nebulos...

...Until SG-1 showed up through the Stargate. The Nebulonians hadn't used it since the Gao'uld left the planet after the Autobot/Decepticon ships crashed, and all data on it was destroyed. Years later it would be placed in a museum, where it remained till SG-1 showed up. That's why the Decepticons kidnapped the SG-1 member, To find out how the gate works. But they get a bonus: they learn that the Tauri homeworld is the one where the Nemesis had crashed as well, millenia ago.

Realizing that the safety of Earth, Nebulos AND the universe is at stake, the Autobots and SG-1 decide to join forces to stop the Decepticons' smaller groundforces from getting through the gate with the stolen iris signal. They go to the museum where the Stargate is kept, fight their way through (SG-1 use special weapons, courtesy of the Autobots), and reach the gate. A final showdown ensues, and in the climax the Autobot commander (Rodimus? Prowl? Ironhide?) manages to defeat Shockwave. The surviving Decepticons try to retreat but are taken down by the rest of the Autobots, finally putting things to an end. The Autobots and SG-1 say their goodbyes, with the Autobots promising that they'll close the Stargate, keep the Decepticons in stasis lock, reverse the mindcontrol damage done on the Nebulonians and build a ship with the Nebulonians to finally get back to their homeworld.

SG-1 steps through the gate and end up home, and once in his office Daniel wonders why his taperecorder is blank while he had recorded everything. He throws it in the garbage, the taperecorder is brought to the wastedisposal section where a soldier decides that it might come in handy and decides to keep it for himself. He smuggles it out the base, but once he gets home he fails to notice a Decepticon symbol on it, before an electrical field destroys the house, kills the soldier, and the ensuing EMP causes the entire neighbourhood's electricity to switch off. And no-one notices a giant robot getting out of the wreckage and reformatting into a pickup truck before driving away, in search of it's master...

8. surak777

hmm I was trying to reply and say that's pretty good, but my computer locked up and gave me 5 million commas, so 15 minutes later and a different keyboard I'll say that's a nice premise... I was never too big into the headmasters but that's pretty good... hmm the reformatting idea is good... why did they never do that in G1 (well that way they didn't have to sell 50 different toys with the same name duh)

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i expect they would all get massacred, depedning on which era Cybertron it is. P-90s are no match for giant robots.

10. surak777

nor are they match for Goa'uld forcefields and the leaders there... I was thinking a short maybe 3 SG episode arc where the SG team just went AROUND the big robots.. I had no intention of say a face to face setting (I like the SG team) :)  trust me I'd never do that :) 

11. surak777

Chapter One

SGC complex Cheyenne Mountain Level 27 Briefing room

“So you’re telling me that you’ve discovered a monster from a Jaffa legend and you want us to visit this place, For what a vacation?” Jack O’Neil leaned his chair back and propped his feet on the table in front of him.

Daniel tried not to roll his eyes and only partially succeeded. “Well there’s that, and I keep coming across this other word that we all know as naquadah.” He looked toward General Hammond at the head of the table. “Sir if this text is right, then there’s supposed to be a large concentration of the mineral there.”

“I understand Doctor Jackson.” The bald man nodded and distastefully looked at Jack’s boots. “I’ve authorized a M.A.L.P. to be sent through, and based on it’s finding we’ll see if we can send a team through. Also I’m not opposed to making allies with anything that can scare a Goa’uld. Teal’c anything is there in those legends other than that creature being a version of the “Boogeyman?”

“Boogeyman?” Teal’c’s eyebrow seemed like it should make a ping noise it was so close to the medallion.

“It scares children, hides under beds, real nasty bad guy, eats children.” Jack said and mocked yawning.

“No, I can only say it resembles the creature, much like your…” He paused as the word seemed distasteful. “Boogeyman, it was merely a legend to scare children from leaving their beds at night unnecessarily. I do remember my father saying not to be judged by it for all it’s verdicts were bad.” He looked at Hammond.

“Judged?” Hammond asked, his eyebrow imitating Teal’c’s earlier climb.

“I was never given context General Hammond, only told the strange story when I was a child.” The large man spoke.

“Sir, if this place has large deposits of naquadah then we should take a look. I could definitely use the naquadah for the generator I’m working on.” Carter spoke from opposite O’Neil. She tried not to look at Jack or too distastefully at his boots on the table.

“I understand perfectly Captain.” The General nodded to Captain Carter “If the M.A.L.P. reports an atmosphere and viable DHD you’ll go through at 0800 tomorrow.” He nodded to them "Dismissed."

Primary Level 28 SGC Operations Room and Dialing Control

Hammond walks over to the SGC’s operations officer. “Walter, what have you got for me?” He touched the man with glasses lightly on the shoulder.

The Staff Sergeant looked up and gave his report. “OK the computer’s designated Doctor Jackson’s address as P4C-271 and everything’s giving naquadah traces sir.”

“Everything?” Hammond said incredulously.

“Yes sir, except for the DHD, and it’s intact with dialing crystal.” The view on Walter's screen seemed to be in a large room filled with debris and exactly as The operations chief reported. The room didn’t look like it had been used for sometime and there were large deposits of debris and metal. Walter typed a few commands in the keyboard and showed Hammond the video. It showed the large room and the debris, and as it went past there was a detail Hammond noticed.

“Go back to that part,” Hammond wasn’t asking. He didn’t like what he had seen. The image Walter pulled up was blurry. It resembled the face on Mars seen from telescopes.

“Let me enhance that sir.” Walter again typed a bit and the image resized and Walter centered it on screen. It was a half of a large metallic face, only the lower half seemed covered by armor or a faceplate of some kind. “That was when the M.A.L.P. picked up the highest naquadah reading General.” He turned to look at his boss. “Maybe the culture there built a statue out of naquadah?”

“I don’t know, but my gut instinct says that looks like armor on its face.” The General scrutinized the screen.

“No life forms or carbon registered on the sensors sir so nothing’s left alive sir.” Walter turned back to his screen.

“Does it have an atmosphere?” The bald man questioned towards Walter’s back.

“Yes sir, it contains oxygen/nitrogen same as our air,” the Operations Manager was out of data and shrugged.

“OK proceed with the operation, I’m sending SG-1 through at 0800 tomorrow morning.” Hammond turned and walked off.

Walter said “Yes sir” even though Hammond had walked quickly out of earshot.

P4C-271 Stargate Receiving Room

A large door off to one side opened, and a figure entered the room. It had registered the noise and knew what had happened. It hoped for help. It walked though the debris over to the Ancients traveling ring. Once there the figure is illuminated by the M.A.L.P.’s light into a large blue and red robot roughly in size to a 3 story building in height, and was as wide as a large bus. The figure seemed white bearded and grandfatherly.

It spoke in a gentle mechanical voice. “Oh my, what are you?” It picked up the M.A.L.P. like a human would pick up a puppy and cradled it in his hand. “I bet you’re from the world Optimus and his folk landed on so long ago and sneak around on.”

It considered the PROPERTY OF U.S. AIR FORCE writing on the side “Hmm the writing looks like the book the boy Spike had.” It opened a compartment on its chest, and placed the M.A.L.P. inside it. “I don’t want to leave you here for Shockwave’s troops to find.” It placed a sensor of it’s own on the wall nearby the Stargate and left through the same door it entered from.

[​IMG]

COMMERCIAL BREAK

12. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    You know what would make this episode crazy? (Maybe you should save it for a sequel)

Replicators.

13. surak777

don't rule anything out yet! rotflmao

14. Scrapper6

In the Immortal words of the Sith Lord... Impressive, Most Impressive. *Breaths Deeply*

Alpha Trion; what joy. And again you seem to have nailed the characters of SG-1 perfectly, I look forward to future endeavors/chapters/episode segments.

15. surak777

Chapter Two

“OK Teal’c I’m clear.” Samantha Carter called out from behind the large face. The semi oval face made a resounding thud as the Jaffa let go. Sam wiped the dust off her hands and looked towards her CO. “Sir, this thing is filled with circuits and equipment I’ve never seen. I’d love to get this thing back to the lab...”

“Oh sure Carter, I’ll order the ship to beam it up.” Jack tapped the left part of his chest where normal military wear their name patch. “Oh darn it’s not working.”

“Seriously Colonel, if I could get this to my lab, I bet this could advance our knowledge of superconductors a hundred fold.” The female officer looked at Jack like she wished she was somewhere else, or better yet, there with someone else.

“Sure Carter, Teal’c could barely lift it while you looked behind it,” Jack shrugged. “Of course if the M.A.L.P. were here, where we left it, we could prop it on that,” he made a sweeping gesture, “it has gone on vacation, probably fishing in some robot pond with the body of this guy somewhere”

“Actually Jack, I think this debris around us was that guy’s body.” Daniel Jackson called from behind the Colonel. He looked at some of the various pieces on the floor. “I think I’ve got part of a finger and that part over there,” he pointed to a nearby section, “is a thumb.”

“So you think this was a giant robot then.” Jack smirked “and what degree in archeology qualifies you to know that?

“None Jack, I’m just telling you what it looks like to me.” The scientist did roll his eyes once the Colonel turned away from him.

There was a loud scraping noise from a far wall. The team all looked at O’Neil who whispered “Take cover!”

The team in unison pulled weapons, and then the team ducked behind the various scattered debris, all taking positions away from the source of the noise. The door opened and a winged robot just slightly smaller than the one we saw earlier walked several meters in, mainly due to it’s leg length and stride. It passed a device over the room. It seemed not to notice the SG team or pick them up, in any way.

A haughty sounding voice sounded from the beings arm,”Sunstorm report!”

“No Autobot life signs detected, probably something old just fell apart where we found those Autobots a milli-vorn ago in here Lord Shockwave.” The large figured dimmed it’s optics from bottom to top reminiscent of Daniel’s earlier reaction to the Colonel.

“Destroy anything that moves!” the voice commanded. “Shockwave out.”

“Nothing's moved down here in vorns you cranky old bot,” the winged robot muttered to the air after the link ended. It looked around again, muttered something about ‘a stupid lazy one eyed purple thing’ and left.

Two minutes later the team moved again. It seemed they had all been holding their collective breathes and Daniel panted slightly.

“Well I guess we could have been ‘anything’ that moved.” Jack looked at his team. “Be glad there’s no dust in here.” He looked at Daniel who shrugged.

“Dust is mostly human skin and movement of air…” Carter started.

Jack cut her off, “Alright! You don’t have to tell me why, there’s no dust.” He held a hand in a stop motion. The door started to creak again. “Crap! It heard us! Get back to cover everyone!”

A moment later the familiar ancient blue bot entered. “Hello?” it looked around not wanted to just stumble over or cause any loss of dignity to the hiding humans, even though he knew where they were. “You can come out little ones its safe for the moment.”

Jack was the first to approach the big robot. Jack looked up, and up until he saw the blue eyes 30 foot up. “Hi! You’re a big robot thing.”

Daniel brushed past the colonel. “We’re explorers from a planet called…”

The big robot cut him off. “..Earth, yes” It smiled at the humans knowingly.

“Can I ask how you’ve heard of us, then? And how you speak English?” Daniel inquired. He looked at his teammates who didn’t move.

“All in good time my friends, first we must get you to a safe place away from here for now.” It signaled outside the door. “My friend Ultra Magnus will carry us back to my lab.” An even larger white robot with hints blue entered.

The newcomer nodded to the humans, and without a word converted itself into a large vehicle the resembled a cross between a tank and an armored personnel carrier. A hatch opened on its side and the first robot motioned for the team to enter.

“Oh! Now that’s friggin cool!” Jack said aloud and pointed his hand not carrying his rifle at the vehicle. “I want one of those!”

“Quickly, we must go before we’re detected,” It stated, and it seemed to be more eager to leave the place by its actions. It waved them towards Ultra Magnus’ door. They all got in, with Jack being the last, as he was inspecting the tank as he moved closer.

“Do all of you turn into vehicles like this?” Jack asked.

“Yes.” The elder nodded.

“Cool!” he inspected the standing robot. “What do you turn into?”

“A form with no passenger space, unfortunately.” The robot chuckled and moved the Colonel along.

“Big robots that turn into things, I love this place already.” Jack got in, and followed the rest of his team to seats that were inside. The space inside was big enough for the elder to get in comfortably as well and it did so.

Iacon City Sublevel 19

They traveled for about half an hour, with Daniel asking questions of the Elder robot.

“I am Alpha Trion. I and a few Autobots are of the few survivors of a war that’s been waging hear for thousands of your years.” It motioned to the city views outside Ultra Magnus’ windows as the passed various half standing skyscrapers. “a once proud race of mechanical beings lived here and flourished until the Quintessons came and conquered us.” It sighed.

“Quintessons? What are they?” Daniel asked, moved a seat closer to the elder.

“They were another mechanical race with 5 faces that came and conquered our once noble race.” The robot seemed saddened. “I helped my brother A7 build the Decepticons, the first of us that could transform, to help defeat them.”

“I found a text talking about the five faced judges.” The archaeologist stated. “It gave us the gate address that led here.”

“Ah yes we were friends with the Alterians when they first came to this galaxy. They helped us chase off the Quintessons from out planet, which we call Cybertron.” It nodded to Daniel now sounded a bit more optimistic.

“Who?” Daniel asked unfamiliar with the name Alterian.

“I think you called them Ancient ones or the like,” The elder continued when Daniel closed his eyes and nodded. “I’m not surprised that you’ve never heard of us even though our war has spread to your planet. Sounds like something my old friend Optimus would do.” The robot chuckled again.

“What do you mean war? And what is this about our planet?” The colonel interrupted.

“A few thousand of your years ago in our search for energy to sustain us a few of our kind traveled the stars based on ships that used Alt, rather Ancient technology to travel the stars.” He noticed he had all of the military officers’ attention and smiled. “They crashed on what was to become your planet and until recently we thought them lost to us forever.”

And then there was a large explosion and everything went dark.

[​IMG]

COMMERCIAL BREAK

***Authors note*** This getting fun to play with now, certain liberties were/are taken with the TF timeline but it's G1 based and I'm glad there's people like peteynorth as a great reference for that timeline as I get further in. Any inconsistancies you find are either intentional and or my fault :p  I hope you guys enjoy

16. surak777

hehe hehe (muhahahahahaha) this is all can I say for now I had a great suggestion from offsite and it's changed some things I had in mind and your comment started it... thanks

17. Scrapper6

You know something that might be fun; since you seem to be writing this as an Episode of SG-1, well maybe not fun, but I think it'd be neat if you put up a little thing in between the chapters to indicate... COMMERCIAL BREAK! :lolol 

I wrote a few TF related Fanfics and posted them over on a site called Fanfiction.net under the pen name Sithicus; and I used Old Transformers Commercial Bumpers at the beginning and end of each Chapter because I felt it was fun.

Anyway; great job man, I look forward to more when you have the chance the blending of the two realities is working nicely. Hope you're having great fun writing this thing and hopefully perhaps one of the later chapters can be really long or something. :D 

18. surak777

Ah yes yes it is commercial break time lol

drink Sluggo cola!

Next week Stargate Atlantis visits Georgia and they steal the General Lee to save the Pegasus Galaxy from the Wraith!

Tell your doctor you need Cialiagra for the allergies that make your nose expand like pinnocio

(hmm longer means less editing and more errors lol)

19. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm really enjoying this fic. I loved the remark about Teal'c's eyebrow should have gone ping on his gold head tatoo. Everyone is in character. I like how you are using Alpha Trion. No need to apologize for adjusting things a bit to fit your crossover idea, it's just something you sometimes have to do to make things "work." I know from my own fanfiction.

If you still need a few ideas for the crossover:

We know the Ancients are responsible for the Replictors (on Atlantis anyway). Maybe the Quints stole some Replicator tech and used it in their building of the first Transformers.

You have to make some kind of comparison/connection between Space Bride and Stargate tech, please.

Maybe the SGC is what evolves into the EDC/Earth Defense Command from season 3 by 2005 (or becomes an offshoot of it). Maybe a young Cadet Marissa Fairborne is a member of the SGC. Extra points if you can work in any of the SGC guys knowing some G.I. Joe guys. Maybe Hammond knows General Hawk or something. And Cobra-La, that screams Goa'uld.

Sam Carter must meet Wheeljack and drive everyone crazy with their shared technobabble.

Feel free to take or leave any of these. And keep up the good work. I love the idea of a TF/Stargate crossover.

20. surak777

I have several Ideas coming and about half of concerns with be addressed in my next post... and the EDC.... actually think that's got to be part of the "Office of Homeworld Security" and beyond SG-1 season three (and TF season 2) where my adventure is set... But just wait I have a line I've been dying to put in here that explaines why the SG team had never heard of the Autobots and the war :) 
    But my understanding is that Primus is/was cybertron and spawned the Transformers, and the quintessons took over the planet and used the resources to build the race that would later become the autobots as consumer hardware. and was later convinced by A3 and A7 that they needed military goods as well.
    I have peteynorth to thank for this vast understanding and we all need to thank him for the great work he's done. there...
    Episode one is fairly plotted, but as far as the earth side... events are in motion we won't see until it effects the SGC and the team... thanks for the idea for my Army officer's name! I was about to go back and watch the episode with her to get her name