Idea: IDW: the series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Agent 53, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Would you watch the IDW Transformer comics adapted into a cartoon?

1. Hell Yeah!

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Why not?

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Meh, I guess it could be okay

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. I don't think that's a good idea

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. That sounds like it would suck!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Okay I know that RID's replacement, Cyberverse, has already been announced but I was just thinking. when they finish Cyberverse (in about 2020 or something) I think I know what they should look at next.
    Because let's face it, for 12 years there has been a transformers franchise that has been running completely under the radar of the fair-weather transformers fans that is probably the most exciting, character driven and entertaining one they have done.
    I am of course referring to the IDW G1 continuity, which i think could become quite easily a cartoon series. Think about it for a second firstly while there are humans who take a key role most stories focus far more on the cybertronians, with many stories completely off world we can easily avoid the annoying tendency of human characters to push the transformers out of focus. Also the IDWverse are published as comics. a Single issue isn't necessarily 20-30 minutes long, but combining 2 or 3 is easy and the plot is designed to be cut into these parts.
    Finally there is a point that anyone who reads comics can agree, they are a cool storytelling device, but not dynamic. Whether IDW TF, DC, Marvel we all have moments from the comics we want to see brought to life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Sure I'd love an MTMTE cartoon.
    It'll never happen, but I'd watch it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I wouldn't want a direct animated recreation, but taking a lot of inspiration from the comics would be wonderful. I'm thinking something along the lines of the original Teen Titans, where the comics were a major inspiration, and yet it was still unique and enjoyable for the general audience. It shouldn't be necessary to understand to comics or the characters before watching the series. That'll only turn potential viewers and new fans away.

That being said, we should totally get Optimus Prime: The Animated Series.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The IDW titles I'd like to see animated...

All of Furman's stuff apart from Stormbringer.
    Megatron: Origin
    The Spotlights
    More Than Meets The Eye
    Lost Light
    Last Stand of the Wreckers
    Sins of the Wreckers

The first ongoing arc with Swindle, Thundercracker and the creation of Menasor.

All Hail Megatron if it's expanded upon to show not just one city being invaded and thousands of Seeker drones and ground troopers from Devestation.

Hearts of Steel
    Beast Wars: the Gathering
    Regeneration but with the look of Devastation rather than the piss poor Wildman art.

Monstrosity and the other Livio-drawn early war stuff but in a more traditional Transformer aesthetic rather than that of Livio.

Also ignore the millions of years war thing. Even though I grew up on G1, I preferred the early IDW approach of the war going on for thousands of years rather than millions.

Oh and a professional voice cast. We don't need another movie Lockdown, Crosshairs, Brains, Devestation Starscream or especially Machinima Menasor.

None of that anime type grunting that Machinima Windblade does. We're not all fans of anime and that kind of thing only comes across as corny and embarrassing if you're watching it in company.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    This idea is proposed every other month here in the forums. Once or twice by myself as well.

At this time it's not just an idea, it's basically us begging them to do it. But then we got RID15, then Machinima, then Cyberverse, but never this great animated show that we really envisioned...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with the first part.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why not?

8. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hell yeah I'd watch that! Some will disagree, but I feel like you can't portrayal action well on a page. If we're gonna have massive fights, then I think they'd be a lot cooler if they were shown through fluid animation, rather than panels. Not hating on the comics mind you, I love 'em, but I feel like the comics would look more pleasing over all in an animated form.

Also, has Alex Milne ever tried animation? I know he's a very busy guy, but could you imagine how awesome a show would be if animated by Milne?