Idea for TF3, yes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus Sledge, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

There's been a lot of discussion about what should happen in TF3. Human villains, less humans, more focus on Decepticons, etc etc. But we're overlooking the rich history of The Transformers. A third film would be the ideal place to bring together two of the most seemingly incompatible branches of TF history: the G1 cartoon and the G1 comic. The way to do this is clear: pick a character from each that was unique to that continuity (ok, barring Japanese toy details in one case) and make them the major villains of the film! Of course, for this to work, we need character's who gave the Transformers a run for their money. Cunning, resourceful, effective. You know who.

Representing the G1 comics, everyone's freelance peacekeeping agent, Death's Head. Representing the cartoon, a man who achieved more in 24 hours than Megatron did in 2 years, Lord Chumley.

With this inarguably brilliant idea laid out, I want to hear ideas for how we can bring about this union. Who hires Death's Head? Why does he come here? How does Lord Chumley fit into it? Who should be cast in these roles? Remember, this is a Michael Bay film, so there's no such thing as a bad idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    you mean there's no such thing as an idea, just special effects
    :bay 

3. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Even good ideas get killed by bad directing, bad writing, bad plot, bad acting, stupid humor...

4. Optimus Sledge

Guys, let's not get bogged down in debating exactly how terrible Michael Bay is. Ideas! Remember, Peter Cullen got the role of Prime after much bitching from the fan community, so we've got a real shot to make this happen. After all these years, we could finally get Death's Head and Lord Chumley figures!

To start the ball rolling, how about if the country of Val Verde offers asylum to the remaining Decepticons? The 'Cons tell of an intergalactic bounty hun- ... freelance peacekeeping agent (let go of my throat now, Death's Head. Thank you). The government of Val Verde send a signal into space putting out the ultimate contract: a million Bison dollars (ok, I'm not quite sure what they should offer) for the head of Optimus Prime! Lord Chumley and his trusty retainer, Dinsmoore, hear of this and are determined to prove they are the best hunters on this or any planet. Optimus Prime and his Autobots must now battle across the Earth to Val Verde to get the contract lifted as foes both human and alien try to kill them.

Whaddya think?

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DEPENDS! Who are you thinkin' for Chumley's actor?

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 

7. Optimus Sledge

I really don't know. The usual suspects for a Brit in sci-fi (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan) don't really fit. I almost want a sort of British Burt Reynolds, if that makes any sense.

8. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I don't really know... human villians...?

In my opinion, I feel unicron should be brought in, but I don't know... let's hear what the epople have to say, eh?

If patrick stweart was in it, though, instant win! =)

9. Optimus Sledge

No Chumley/Death's Head fans? I'm saddened, TFW. :(  What if, instead of being rivals, Chumley and DH are teamed up? Maybe DH as the muscle, Chumley as the local knowledge.

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Jim Broadbent could make a good Lord Chumley.

And David Bradley for his servant man.

11. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Brian Blessed for lord Chumley..

I don't think Death's head will work though.. he belongs to Marvel.. not Hasbro..

Personally I think the idea of the the " Concurrence " or some variation of this idea would be a great idea for the villian.. Humans who claim to want to rid the earth of All the Transformers .. but really its Humans who want to dissect the Transformers in order to develop new technologies and make a lot of money on them...

So I vote for

Brian Blessed - Lord Chumley
    John Goodman - Sean Berger Jr.
    Max Von Sydow - General Blitz
    Christopher Lloyd - Dr. Archeville
    Mathieu Amalric - Count Von Rani.

12. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

Well I don't think they can top a villian on the scale of Unicron as discussed at Rotten Tomatoes. However, my biggest concern would be too much emphasis remaining on humans. I did pay to see any of the human actors in the first two movies. IF Unicron is introduced it will require a LARGER than life scale and that will surpass whatever the puny humans can express on screen. A simply, "omg. help us autobots!" or "it's the end of the world!!" will suffice and then lets focus on what really matters the Transformers. I doubt they will go this route or with a focus that does not appeal to mass male teen driven audiences. It will be interesting to see what ideas officially surface.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

My first thought was also BRIAN BLESSED!!!, but I don't think he's the right kind of ham needed.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think that human villians could be worked in. Human allies of the Decepticons were worked into Veiled Threat. They were in it for survival and money.

15. ginrai

I dunno.. its the next step really for Micheal Bay.... Verbal Explosions...

Though he can do calm too..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Optimus Sledge

Ginrai, that cast list is perfect. You win the internet.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I could see this happening with DH and Chumley. Especialy if it's a modernized version for both and there's a sub plot where Chumley is still a big machine game hunter and he's trying to get the space shuttle.

18. ginrai

Why thank you kind sir.

I shall have it mounted and hung on the wall in my library.

19. Optimus Sledge

Good show.

20. ginrai

I've just thought of another one.

Ghassan Massoud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia As Lord Zarak.

Essentially if I were to Outline the film.. I'd do it as such..

The Zarak Consortium ( or Concurrence whatever.. ) has put the pieces together from all the stuff that Simmons dropped in the first movie .. Microchips.. etc .. are all based on stuff nicked from NBE-1. They are more than a bit miffed because they didn't turn any profit from that.. but what if they could?... Using the fact that.. Khufu's Pyramid is gone now.. and the Fallen publicly addressed the entire planet.. Decide to " Rid the world " of the Alien Menace.. Not differentiating between Autobots and Decepticons (Due to Megatron and Star Scream needing a place to lie low.. they have already begun supplying the humans with technology in exchange for a hiding place safe from NEST and the Autobots).. They lure Prime into a trap, Capture him.. And Rip him to pieces.. Think .. Robocop 2 Here.. And then build copies of him.. they clone his " Conscience " but in the process only get the most Violent Personality Traits (The Give me Your Face!) Bits.. (Chumley would take the Front of his head to mount on his wall) Accidentally Creating an Army of Nemesis Primes. They begin a rampage of destruction the Concurrence is ill-equipped to halt.. and so the Autobots have to Team up with Megatron and Starscream to try and halt the Nemesis Clones..

But Bumblebee, using his (mostly forgotten) main skill in Espionage and one lone Mechanic working at the plant who has figured out the Autobots are the good guys.. put Prime back together again.. I recommend Tom Hanks as Sparkplug The Mechanic..

Good guys win, Prime is whole again, Megatron does the whole ' There will be no war today Optimus Prime " and him and star scream fly off to scheme further adventures..