Customs: Idea for further Classics Bruticus mods

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by coinilius, Dec 15, 2010.

1. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

In the review thread for PCC Heavytread it was discussed how similar looking he is to Brawl, which got me thinking that with some modifications, he might be able to make a suitable replacement for the tank limb from the Bruticus Maximus set. Judging by the video reviews of him, he should even be able to adopt a G1 Brawl leg configuration pretty easily, plus it might even be possible to swap out the combined mode head for some kind of connector port.

Along with the Crossfire set from Fansprojects, it would help make an even more G1 accurate Combaticon set. Plus, some mods to the Searchlight mold and you might even be able to make a more G1 looking Vortex as well, then you could replace all the original Bruticus Maximus limbs!

I don't really know how feasible such an endeavour would be, as I don't have the Crossfire set or the necessary PCC molds, but perhaps someone could do something with the idea?

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    interesting thoughts for sure my only concern would be adapting the connector ports for the 2 (dont have much of the pcc line)

3. coinilius

Yeah, working out connector ports would be a big problem I think - unfortunately, I haven't had any hands on experiences with PCC figures (they just don't have any around here) which is one of the reasons why I was throwing this out there, to see if anyone else thought it might be interesting to play around with.

PCC Heavytread as Brawl is the mod idea that I am most interested in - I think I'm going to have to order a Heavytread on line so I can have an actual play around with him. Looking at pictures, I was thinking that his combined mode head could perhaps be replaced with some kind of connector... thing... maybe an adaption of the PCC connectors/ports? (Onslaught/Barricade would need to be slightly modded as well, I would imagine). Of course, his little head slots into the bigger head as well, so that probably wouldn't work very well either...

4. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    mmm how about instead of modifying barricade port, modify the combiner head to make a connector that fits in the port of barricade?

5. coinilius

That's what I was thinking originally, but Heavytreads smaller head fits into his combiner head, so there may not be much room left over for adding combiner ports. I actually picked up a couple of PCC molds the other day too, so that I could get more of an actual feel for the line - I picked up Searchlight and Sledge, and as individual figures I actually quite like them.

6. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    Although I have none, I am fan of designs, mmm hou about a mid connector
    i will explain= heavytread(aka brawl) with a new connector piece that can connect to the normal onslaught connector
    it sounds redundant but i think it would work really well
    Now you wonder why to keep the original connector of onslaught, to freely exchange limbs

7. coinilius

Now that sounds like a good idea - being able to use he original connector to Onslaught would be good, and something that could be made without any mods, or at least any heavy mods would be great. I really need to get a Heavytread now lol

If you can, you should pick some PCC figures up - I actually really liked the two I bought, and am interested in picking up a set that comes with the drones now to see how they work. The minicons they come with are a bit rubbish (so far, maybe some of them are better) but that doesn't really bother me :D