Digibash: Idea for Classics Cyclonus & Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've come up with an idea for Classics versions of Cyclonus and Scourge. I'm not going for super G1 accuracy, so please don't bring that up. The Cyclonus one is based off of Animated Starscream, and the Scourge is based off of the Voyager sized Cybertron/Galaxy Force Starscream. If I do these kitbashes (I hope to at least) I do plan to do mods to Scourge, including mods to the front of the alt-mode, the wings, and the cocpit. Also, If I can find a good replacement head for Cyclonus, I'll switch it out. C&C are welcome (but plese keep it civil & on-topic). Here are the 2 digibashes that I've done so far. I might do more and post them as I figure out more mods that I can do (and also figure out how to convey those mods in a digibash). Thanks for looking.

Cyclonus bot-mode-
    [​IMG]

Scourge bot-mode-
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyclonus needs a new face. He looks just like Starscream.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Like I said in my first post :thumb , if I can find a replacement for it, I will replace it. As it is, I don't know how much room there is for Screamer's head while stored in alt-mode, so I'm not sure how big a replacement head could be.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if you find a circular head, and add some bunny ears, it could easily pass as Cyclonus.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. I might eve go to Sculpt-bot to buy custom heads for both of these guys (Scourge will definetly need one, lol).

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not for Scourge. Just use the Titanium head. Should fit pretty well.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've only ever seen Titanium Scourge in person before (never seen GF Screamer in person, just pics), but, I'm thinking that the head might be too small concidering the size class difference. Does anybody have both? I'm curious as to wether it would work or not.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both figures, and it would probably work, considering Screamer is a small Voyager.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If you have some extra time, could you compare the 2 of them? (maybe take a photo). That would be really nice. The hard part will be finding either a junker one, or one that someone will be willing to sell me just the head part. Also, modifying the head will probably be a little tricky.

10. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cyclonus would look better if you could flip the wings around.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Cyclonus would look better if he wasn't animated Starscream.

12. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

nice! I LOVE the Idea of a new scourge and cyclones! all i have to say is to wait for animated to come out....maybe there will be other jets to make scourge as...I like them separately, but together their styles of vehicle modes would clash (imo)

I might be wrong, but i would have to compare vehicle modes side by side

keep up the great work :D 

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

start

I have a bash of Legends Sunstorm into Scourge.

Been in "stasis" for a bit, ever since I tried to spray paint him into Skywarp, the paint got a tad thicker then I wanted.

First, I sanded off the canopy, drilled a whole and put some random gundam hip armor flush to the body.

I took off the head, made a box basically (like G1 Scourge's head) then I am going to eventually build the face, and put a cylinder and fin on the top of his head for the big thing on his head and alt mode.

Then I cut the fins/weapon holders off the arms, sand them flat, and am going to put 2 other cylinders on there so essentially his side cannons in sweep mode will be arm cannons in bot mode, kinda seekerish.

After I get this done I can paint, thanks for giving me the shock to rethink my bash, I got new circle tubing now that will be big enough for the cylinders , I had only one size when I did this first and it looked to small, to be the comicy big burrito head thing.

I though this would be useful if you were going to bash a Large Starscream into Scourge.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Would it? As I recall, Cyclonus' wings point up in robot mode, and are swept forward in jet mode... just like TFA Starscream.

I think TFA Screamer has great potential as Cyclonus... I thought so the minute I saw the figure proto images. Obviously the head has to go, and maybe the forearms might be altered. The legs might be shortened/thickened too, but that's really if you wanted to go all the way. :) 

GF Starscream as Scourge is also a good match, and one that I totally didn't see until your digibash. The vehicle mode is roughly the right size, and the placement of the head (with laser) is perfect. I might go for more blue on his bot mode and less white ... the balance feels off, but besides that... make it happen!

Of course the GF or Cybertron release of this figure is not exactly easy to come by these days... though there is a bootleg version that might be worth getting if you're just planning on kitbashing it anyway.

For Scourge's head, you could probably glue on a styrene or rubber goatee and moustache on any number of lean, stern looking TF heads, add a laser on top, and get something that does Scourge justice... I'm not actually all that crazy about the Titanium head. It looks like him... but just sort of a dopey version of him.

zmog

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Like I've said in my first post, I'm not going for super G1 accuracy, more like my interpretation of what an update of them could look like. I personally see Cyclonus being more sneaky/sly, which is why I was going for a skinny look to him. As for Scourge, I personally see him more bulked up than Cyclonus, which is why I chose the Voyager Cy. Starscream as a base for him. Personally, I'm happy with how the currently look, though I do have some modifications that I want to do for Scourge :thumb .

16. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whoops! I though TF:A Starscream's wings were pointed back like past Screamers; my bad

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's ok, we all get mixed up sometimes :thumb .

18. SMOG

No probs. It's kind of unusual. This is the first reverse-wing SS we've had, isn't it?

zmog

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, to my knowledge it would be the fers Screamer with the wings pointing the opposite way. I personally can't wait for the Animated line to come out. Next year is going to be a great year for collecting in my opinion :thumb .

20. SMOG

Seconded. I have misgivings about the whole animated style, but the toys just look really really neat. I can't wait. :) 

Plus some of them are begging to be kitbashed... I've got a few ideas already. :) 

zmog