Minor/Repaint: Idea for an ultra magnus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Andratron, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Andratron

Andratron Andurz

so I`ve really wanted to get into customs for a while now, and then today I finally had an idea that I though was actually, pretty sweet, an Ultra Magnus custom, armor and all for dotm deluxe Optimus, as he is quite honestly probably my favorite movie optimus, he`s just so much fun.

Anyway, I`ve done a bit of a mock up for what I had in mind before I start actually building anything, what do you think? Note, I'd start out the custom by painting up Prime as Magnus, as in all in white.

As for the face, I'm not sure how I wanted to do it, the obvious root would be the whole G1 face, but it always bothered me that he wore a helmet with a mouth, when his actual face had a mouth plate, its just always bothered me. So I'm seriously considering going with the face plate, I know it would be different, but I think it would be cool.

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Neat idea. Would you try to make it into a trailer, or use an existing trailer and these are parts of it? I really like the aesthetics of the armor.

another, generally, until you show actual physical work done, this usually starts in general discussion.

3. Andratron

Andratron Andurz

Oh ok, just put it up over there. Also in terms of a trailer, I was just planning on storing it inside the deluxe trailer that he comes with in the movie trilogy edition, as they're going for super cheap at a local toys r us. Was just going to add some paint apps to the thing, paint the blue parts white maybe.