Customs: Idea for all you repro guys....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I just got to thinking, Animated is practically at our doorstep, toys are leaking out by various means, it's just a matter of time before animated toys are common place. However, alot of people aren't fans of the large chins, no noses, high-tiny mouths, etc.... Just compare my avatar with my sig for an example.

This brings me to my idea. Make repro heads. Similar to what was done in classics for cliffjumper, etc.... This is supposed to be a "neo-g1" as some have called it, so why not have G1-esque heads? I suggest making heads that are in scale with the toys, are painted (or could easily be), and make the figures look a little closer to the characters we remember.

Here's some thoughts on individual figures:

Bulkhead-head into Hound-head
    Prowl-head into G1 Prowl-head (but black like the rest of the figure)
    Ratchet-head into ... well..... Ratchet could go three ways here....

-1, G1 toon head ( white with grey head-wing thingy)
    -2, G1 comic head (red with white head-wing thingy)
    -3, G1 toy head (flat square with a sticker slapped on it, or no head at all, lolz, j/k)

I'm sure you guy get the idea by now, so I'll just quit rambling. I just thought I'd suggest it so you repro guys could start brainstorming, because you know the demand will be there sooner or later.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I dunno how well G1 style heads would fit in with the aesthetic of the line...

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I'm not saying to make them G1 accurate to a T (sp?), just not as......... well....... not as Cartoon-Networkish know what I mean? More like TF, and less like JLU or Ben10.

4. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    using actual g1 heads would probably clash aesthetically. custom heads that struck a nice balance between the two would be cool. it'd be basically the same heads, just toned down.

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Considering how well Armada Hoist did on Deluxe Prime for Kup, Trilogy heads might be able to work.

But if you wanna talk about ideas, how about reproducing some of these prototypes so we don't have to wait another seven months? XP

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Using exact G1 heads on the animated molds would look horrible.