Idea for a "Toy Story" type series...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Toei, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I apologise if this isn't the right forum for this. I looked and I really wasn't sure whether or not this was the right place to post this. So I shall understand if this gets moved...

But anyway I was watching Toy Story 2 the other night and I thought of one idea for another TF cartoon and/or comic book.

How about a TF series where the Autobots/Cybertrons and the Decepticons/Destrons are simply living toys in a little boys room or even a toy store that come to life when no humans are around and battle each other? They could fight in the kitched or anywhere else that would be a challenge due to their small size.

After all, the point of the cartoons and comics is "to sell toys". So why not have a continuity where the TF's really are just living toys and not giant robots.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb idea. :(  I kinda thought it would be fun though...

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Have you been to the the Funnies sub-forum? 9/10 of the comics there are JUST that.

3. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Really?

Dang. I guess someone beat me to it. Oh well.

Nevermind...

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's definitely been suggested before, and the funnies have, for the most part, been the fans version of it. Personally I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure how well it would do as an actual cartoon. Could do well, but it could also bomb. Would really depend on the animation, writing, and how well the show and toy-line matched up. Theoretically a Toy Story type of show could really get the on-screen and in-hand designs the closest they've ever been, especially size-wise. It could also integrate more of Hasbro's properties, like G.I. Joe.

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, you're proposing the idea in an official medium. I wanted to point out that others had similar ideas, which is only natural since they are toys.

6. dreadwingg2

dreadwingg2 G1 since 84

There was a movie where this happened. The good guys were actually the bad guys and vice versa. Something to do with a accidental government chip gave the toys senitiency. I think it was called Small Soldiers. Worth watching just for the sake of the concept of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122718/

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

G1 already had an episode a lot like this. I've already forgot what it's called but they were transported onto some alien world where everything was huge, and I mean huge! There was an alien child who'd found the Autobots and Decepticons and were playing with them like they were toy's. Cause to him, they were toy-size. So your "Toy Story" would be a lot like that episode.
    However, I can see the Decepticons hiding in toy-boxes at a BotCon convention and attacking unsuspected customers! :D 

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This was actually (more or less) the plot of Microman and Microchange - the Minibots and other "real life" items were not meant to mass shift in the Japanese original but turn into robots that were about the size of the toys.

It's an interesting concept, I wouldn't mind seeing an episode or two of a new series play with the idea, though I think the best place for it in current continuities has been and gone (Animated).

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Sounds fun. I'd watch it.

10. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Yeah. That was a good episode. But when I first saw it, I wasn't expecting Aron to speak English.

11. ALLAN

ALLAN ramp rat

Ebay:
    If Andy liked Buzz and Woody he would absolutely love Prime.:drool: