Idea for a Springer Toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Oct 23, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I don't where to put this but I have an idea for the perfect Springer.

You use the Botcon Springer mold or its repaints as a base.

Repaint him if necessary.

Somehow, make his cannons extend foward which canthen double as rotors in helicopter mode.

Speaking of Coptor mode, have a way for the wheels to pivot in. Therefore, they won't show in this mode

And there you go, a modern take on a Springer with all three modes.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's a nice idea for a kitbash, but for an all new toy it would be easier to just make a completely new mold.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Ditto

With Universe going on hiatus while the movie and animated toys are on shelves for most of 2009, I don't expect to hear about too many new Universe molds for quite awhile. But, when the do make new molds I think they could make a Springer worthwhile by 'double-dipping' and doing a repaint/slight remold to make Springer and Sandstorm. Their G1 helicopter and car modes may be rather distinct between the 2, but if they were 'updated' like most Classic/Universe guys are, they'd be rather approriate to share a body design.

But for now, I'll pick up Target Springer when he comes out and use him and Botcon Springer together as a 'body-swapping-quad-changer'. Like how in initial plans for the BW show, Primal and Megatron were set to be able to switch between 2 bodies: their basic forms(bat, gator) and ultra forms(ape, t-rex), but that got cut from the show budget due to time and expense of creating the models of each character in each mode.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gee my package stayed in West Virginia for 3 days...

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

This seems sensible. Especially if they do as they did with Sideswipe/Sunstreaker and have any retooled parts on the same mould from the get-go, which saves them development cash later.

6. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i say it would make a great custom. but hsbro would be better off making a new mold.

7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

i'd like to see a springer in animated as a sane autobot version of Blitzwing