I'd like to thank the creators of Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Watched it again, liked it even more. <3

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The show was friggin AWESOME, can't wait to catch the re-air tomorrow at 10 am!

I want to thank them profusely, and if ever given the chance, drinks are on me for them.

3. Soundblast

Soundblast Member

I'm 12.
    I grew up with Armada. It was enough to hook me on Transformers.
    and then the rest of the unicron trilogy dissapointed me. and made me quit.

BUT.
    When I watched the new movie it was kickass and hooked me on Transformers again.
    I bought G1 on DVD and rediscovered Transformers from the beginning.
    It was pretty, no very, awesome.
    I watched a few episodes of Beast Wars on YouTube. Seemed like a good show. need to finish it.

BUT. None of these shows were magical to me. Not even G1 which was very close but its fom a whole nother generation. I wanted to know why fans love G1 and how it felt so magical to them.

I watched Animated and found out.

yes that sounds extremely nerdy. I know. I wrote it. But thats what I really think.

4. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know how you feel (I'm 29) - it's glad to see, that a younger generation carries that magic on :) 

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Hear hear! :thumb 

6. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    yay!! i mean, not only i am happy to see a positive thread about the show, but i was so excited to see the new series! it was great! it is everything i would have wanted in a re-birth of a show that was a childhood favorite. the characters are wonderful, and even though i was pretty bummed peter cullen wouldn't be prime again, i think david kaye fits the new prime perfectly! awesome job cartoon network!

also, hasbro, i am not sure what the hold up is, but i hope by this summer we get to have the toys because they look freaking sweet!!! i can't wait! hurry up if you can! :D 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thank you for createing the impossible: A G1 retread that DOESN'T suck.:thumb 

Best cartoon since Beast Wars. Which technically makes it the second best series next to BW.

But a collosal SCREW YOU to Hasbro for making us wait for the awesome toys!:lol 

8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Totally awesome cartoon. This, plus the toys, are FINALLY taking Transformers where they belong: A kids' cartoon that doesn't insult kids' intelligence. The Japanese cartoons (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron) were the same insulting jibberish like Power Rangers. "Animated" was refreshingly different. In fact, it did something even G1 failed to do (outside of the '86 movie) - it made Megatron and Starscream positively lethal. They PROVED why they were the top Decepticons. Even with parts missing, Megatron kicked Auto-butt. Starscream wasn't a whiny obvious backstabber, but a cunning, deadly, and ambitious killer with no honor.

I can't wait to see more of this series. I hope it runs for at least a few seasons, with regular box set releases for my sons and I to enjoy.

The only thing that will take some getting used to for me is that this is the first Optimus Prime not to speak in John Wayne patterns. Not a complaint tho, coz the heart and soul of Prime is there.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Not until all the movie merchandise gets pushed out. Guess they don't want to compete with themselves.

10. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Yeah, but be honest, who's waiting for the tenth repaint of a movie toy?

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well put, my friend. And yes, I can't wait for box sets. I think my son and I watched this thing 4 times this weekend. He's only two and he loves the scenes with Sari. He kept repeating what she said. Meanwhile, I was enjoying Starscream's ruthlessness and Prime's corny-yet-true speeches. I LOVE this new ragtag band of workers turned heroes. That combination makes for such damn good kid/adult storytelling.

12. Geekee1

Geekee1 Well-Known Member

I too would like to echo the sentiments in this thread. I loved the characterization that they were able to do in this show. Decepticons that really are a threat FTW. It really did feel a lot like the first time that I saw MTMTE in '84. I can't wait for the toys!

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I can agree with everything that has been said here....

Cartoon: Sweet
    Toys: Sweet
    Repaints and Customs to come: Even Sweeter

Thanks for an awesome new line :thumb 

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    My hat goes off to everyone involved in the making of Animated too! This really looks to be the best Transformers series to come along in a long while. It has the heart of G1 and the quality execution of Beast Wars writing and dialogue. There's so much heart that's gone into it, combining the best elements of the Transformers mythos into a fresh new storyline with morals and characterization that draws the audience into the world of the Transformers. I also appreciated the animation style which i found wonderfully rich with expression, life and motion. Good thought and effort has obviously gone into this series and i really hope to see it become a great success! It deserves to be recognised and praised!

15. ZarakZone

ZarakZone Wot's...Uh The Deal?

I am 10 and grew up on Armada I like nearly everything (not the recent shows.) but this just blew me away. So awesome! Best show ever characterization plot and non annoying humans! I'm pretty much the only real dedicated transfan at school, I know that there were a beast wars. I'm nawledjamable

16. Matrixv01

Matrixv01 Member

Great thread. Great new series. I will be watching every episode, buying every DVD and every toy from it. That's how much I liked it. I'd also like to thank the creators of TF:A for giving this longtime TF fan a series to be excited about again.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very close to dropping the IDW series because unlike animated the characters don't stand out at all to me. They all sound the same when I read each issue. Animated is the best thing to happen to Transformers in a long while.

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I'm patiently waiting for my Premium edition Starscream and Megatron. The first editions were so butt-ugly. The movie toys should have been made with metallic paint from the start.

19. soundwave_217

soundwave_217 Banned

Thank you Tom kenny for not schrewing up Starscream. :) 

20. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

:bowdown: 
    I have nothing really new to add to this. As a 36 year old TF Fan since the beginning when I'd run home from the bus stop so I could get in front of the TV just in time to catch TF, I must say well done! You have managed to satisfy both young and old alike.

So I guess this Saturday morning I'll be cutting the grass early so I can get in front of the TV to catch TF again, this time with my 8 year old step-daughter in tow. She's a big Bumblebee fan and actually let me know the show was on last Saturday. I had played music the night before and was looking forward to sleeping in. At 9am she comes busting in the bedroom saying "Wake up! The Transformers are on TV!!"

Thanks for a show we can both watch and enjoy.

Now gimme those toys!!!! :drool: