Customs: I'd like some help/advice with reshells

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm most likely not going to get around to doing this for a while, but I've been thinking about doing a few reshells. The main ones I want to do are reshelling RTS Jazz as an Aston Martin Vanquish (or possibly an Aston Martin DB5) and reshelling Generations Wheeljack as a 70s Lotus Esprit. I'm guessing that to do that, I'd want the bodies from 1/32 scale models. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Also, if anyone would happen to have 1/32 models of those cars and the figures I want to use, I'd like a few pictures of the car bodies next to/on top of the TFs in vehicle mode.

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know one thing about reshells. They are very difficult.

There are a few tutorials on here the ones from wikkid I found most helpful.

Also 1/32 model kits aren't the most common scale to find and sometimes can be expensive. Another option is slot cars or as I know them scalextric cars

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't emphasize this enough. We already have some great helps with reshells, but Wikkid's work on the tutorials and helps he's shared that have been resourced are extremely valuable for this sort of thing. Also, I'd recommend doing a run-through of threads by Jarrod, as he's great about showing how he does things as well.