ICP "Quest for Shangri-La" - How do I play this game..?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, May 10, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Heyah there people. I managed to find Insane Clown Posse's "The Quest for Shangri-La" board game. I got it for an awesome price, but sadly it's without the instructions. I can't find them anywhere online - nor any posts explaining how to play it. Is there anyone out there with the instruction booklet..?

~Z

2. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fucking board games, how do they work?!

3. AutoCon2076

:lol  Yeah, right? I know how magnets work, but not this damned game. So..many..pieces..

~Z

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It'd take a miracle to figure it out on your own, eh?

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For sheer lulz, I googled it and this might help, if you know what "Talisman" is (I don't). Emphasis on a couple of points is mine:

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comments/frank_branham_assorted_trashy_reviews/

6. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Well played

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hope "awesome price" means you just literally just "found it".

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ICP as in

[​IMG]

They had a board game? lol!!!

Because nothing says Thug life like do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars

WEST SIDE!!!

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So when do we get the Green Jelly board game? i heard that band needs the money, too.

the KISS PC game was a scary idea.

but really, I thought the name of the ICP game was already taken...."SORRY"

10. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

:lolol 

*facepalm* at ICP coming out with a board game.

:lolol  at the reviews for the game.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Best way to play this game is to burn it.

12. AutoCon2076

No idea what Talisman is. Thanks for the effort, though. Oh, and mind you that guys review was biased (as per usual with ICP shit) as well as wrong. The game has TWO female characters, not one - but that doesn't mean shit. Transformers toys had ZERO females originally - nobody ever called it sexist back then.

This game retailed brand new for $200 on the shelf. I got it from a friend of mine for $25.

What gives? I made this thread to ask for help finding instructions - I didn't make it for people to come here and type stupid one-liners because they don't find it interesting. If you don't know where I can find the instructions than don't bother posting. What the hell is it with people not being able to leave someone else alone for what kind of music I listen to?

Seriously... if I was asking for instructions to the original Transformers game I'd get not one problem. That game sucks ass! I've played it and I think it's rather dull. This game looks like it can be a lot of fun, and I'd like to try it out. If you don't like it, than allow me to quote Violent Jay: "Fuck off."

For those of you who actually tried to help me find the instructions, thank you. For anyone else who wants to talk shit, shoot me a PM and I'll happily delete it!

~Z

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I wish to persecute you for your interests.

That's a complete lie. I saw a silly throwaway joke and went for it.

That's all there is to it.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That's not really quoting Violent Jay, as that's something just about everyone says, and they've been saying it long before he existed.

That's stupid.

All things considered, that's quite a deal.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You made this thread on a public forum, for public discussion. That means people are going to disagree with you, and they may mock you or things you think are cool. Such is the internet. If you feel that slighted, report the post. I'm sure the mods will take a look, unless a nearby pelican has attempted to consume their mobile device, in which case they still may be in the process of escaping.

Your best bet might be to ask on an ICP board, there's a lot better chance someone else there might have a copy of the game, and can scan you instructions.

Allow me to quote Violent J: "Magic all up in this bitch."

16. AutoCon2076

I suppose I did, eh? I think I was just being ignorant in my previous statement; I assumed people would remain mature and not comment should they've nothing positive to contribute. Though most of us know what happens when we assume, yes? In regards to reporting the post... never. I won't report someone for simple trolling or just being an ass. Things like that I can either comment on once or twice, or simply just shrug off. The mods have more important things to worry about than petty bickering, ya know? Like.. if someone starts harassing or something: That's the kind of shit to report.

As for an ICP board, you're probably right. However I've always loathed forums...this is the only one I've ever actively participated in. I even avoid the Blizzard forums despite being a WoW player. Can you suggest a decent ICP forum?

Very true, yeah, but his way is the funniest. The $200 retail price is rather ghastly, aye, but then again it's an underground game. They had to commission it out to be made. This is the Juggalo equivalent of a FansProject kit. When it comes to Warbot Defender and Munitioner/Explorer, a lot of us tend to say "Sure it's not Has/Tak, but it looks cool so we'll accept it and love it."

If this game was put out mainstream at Target and Wal*Mart it'd probably retail more or less around $50-$60 I guess. I'm not a board game expert, but it has a LOT of pieces - and I know those cost money. $25 for this game was a steal, and it's in awesome condition. However the missing instruction manual also serves as the "Beastiary" for the NPCs in the game.

It appears to be like a lower-class trashy version of D&D... I've never played D&D, but this looks like fun. The box says it takes at least two hours to play. That gives me and five other people plenty of time to get tipsy and relax. Sounds like a good time to me.

~Z