Iconic Anime Scenes

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Metal Soldier, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, that's the one. Mostly just the final moment in that fight. But it wouldn't be so iconic if not for the build up that leads Ed to finally go all-out.

That just really is a stand-out moment in a series that's so full of drama that it's sometimes hard to pick individual moments out as better than others. That whole series is just one big kick to the emotion centers.

2. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I would say that seeing the SDF-1 rising up off the ground in one of the final scenes in Macross Plus is a pretty amazing image...

3. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Master Gundam's debut in G Gundam. There's something awesome and onimous when the main villain Gundam flies in and it evokes something similar to the giant spacecraft from ID4 making planetfall.

Impulse Gundam's first combination. The whole sequence of the combination plus Sword Impulse swinging its swords around In Seed Destiny are still, for me fun to watch. An exciting to start to what became a very disappointing series.

Naruto doing his Rasengan for the first time. A VERY LONG build up (8 episodes) culminating with one hell of an ending for an episode.

Jin vs. Kariya part 2 in the final episode of Samurai Champloo. Jin's appearance in the nick of time and the sword fight between the two are what you would call poetry in motion. It was just that beautiful.

4. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Here's another: The emergence of EVA-01 from the angel "shadow" in Splitting of the Breast.

5. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

The first things that spring to my mind are when the RX-78-2 is fighting the MAN-08 Elmeth and Char is about to kill Salya and Lalah tell him it's his sister he's about to kill and Amuro stabs his beamsaber right thru the MAN-08's cockpit killing Lalah. Also the end of the Char-Amuro fight in A Baoa Qu when the RX-78-2 walks down a large corrador and then fires up at the MSN-02 Zeong.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Genesic Final Fusion: FINAL took like, well over a year or two to get to this point, and it was -worth it-.

Full Metal Alchemist: The dog from ep6, and the first season ender. ;_;

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Uh, what episode is that? There were no season breaks in Japan (unless you mean when they changed the opening themes).

8. 04GHOST

04GHOST Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  9. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

The Minmay defense from the Macross: Do You Remember Love? movie. It was more memorable than the TV version,and I prefer the song "Do You Rememebr Love" over the TV's "Love is Flowing". Furthermore, the whole battle was framed like one big music video. Definitely an iconic scene in anime history.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was recently told that the episode in question had a 2-3 week break afterwards, which is basically a season break over there. :confused: 

11. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

for me personally, and this goes back, was seeing Starblazers for the first time as a kid. I think iwas like 4-5 at the time and seeing the wave motion cannon fire the first time was like "Whoa....holy shit did you see that!"

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - End of Evangelion - Tie between the hospital scene with Asuka and Shinji and Asuka struggling to get Unit-02 to keep moving...seconds before the Mass Production Units rip it to shreds.

- Elfen Lied - The death scene for Kurama and Mariko.

- Fullmetal Alchemist - Tie between Gluttony vs Wrath (Conqueror of Shamballa) and Ed vs Greed.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    #1. Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity and the Sailor Scouts vs. Queen Beryl
    LINK
    One of the first Animes I've ever watched and probably one of the better finales of Sailor Moon within the series (second to the finale in movie Promise of a Rose). The just-for-kids music is irritating now, but it doesn't deminish the scene for me in the least.

#2. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Zechs vs. Heero (again)
    LINK
    I Honestly was looking for the first transformation of Wing Gundam In "The Shooting Star she Saw", but I couldn't find it. So I went to the next best thing; The final battle between Zechs Merquise and Heero Yuy in "The Final Victor". Words cannot describe how awesome this scene is. It just is.

#3. DBZ: Goku uses Kamehameha and Instant Transmission against Cell
    LINK
    Nuff said.

#4. DBZ: Gohan's Transformation to Super Sayian II
    LINK

#5. DBZ: Gohan Defeats Cell
    LINK

14. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Eva 01 going berserk for the first time

16. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Any moment from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was iconic.

Oh, and Goku going SSJ for the first time. I shat myself at how awesome that was, though it did give me this feeling that not just Goku's head hair turned gold. :p 

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Gurren Lagann - Gurren combining with Lagann for the first time, pretty much any fight scene
    Heroic Age - pretty much a stalemate between Age vs. Karkinos and the Jupiter fight
    Soukou no Strain - final episode where Sara Werec finally fights her brother Ralph
    Fafner - final episode of the series

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, super zombie thread. But whatever. With a lot more anime under my belt now, I'll play along again:

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's:
    YouTube - White Devil Nanoha A's

Remember that Nanoha is the plucky 9-year old magical girl heroine here. It's not normal for little girls to react like that, is it? And thus, Amuro Ray's "White Devil" status is soundly usurped in the minds of anime fans worldwide.

Nanoha is hardcore.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The opening 5 minutes of Elfen Lied episode 1 when Lucy's escaping. So great

I'd say the last episode of Gurren Lagann when Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is formed is pretty iconic too.