Iconic Anime Scenes

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Metal Soldier, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I was listening to some music from Akira a few minutes ago and it got me thinking. The motorcylce chase/fight scene with the Clowns was/is one of coolest scenes in all anime, and one of the reasons I got further into it. So list off some of the major scenes that you think are iconic or just favorites from anime over the years. A few that I can think of right now follow:

Akira Bike Chase - What can I say, Kaneda coming out of the bar and getting on one of the coolest motorcylce designs ever, combined with the great music, and still impressive animation made for a scene that is the essence of cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7joa2hvHWM

Goku's SSJ Transformation - The first time? When Goku went nuts after Freeza killed Krillin and shit hit the fan? BAD ASS. Viewers had put up with a lot to get there, but the pay off was great. It was also one of the few times Goku was truely, deeply pissed off. All I could think was Freeza's fucked now. Too bad it took so long to play out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQbPs33t3to...ted&search=

Ninja Scroll: Jubei Vs Blind Swordsman - The blind swordsman is a staple of Japanes films and Jubei fighting against one in the bamboo forest was a stand out moment. I really ought to re-watch Ninja Scroll, its been a long time.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Dio Vs JoJO in JOJO's Bizzare Adventure 6

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    GaoGaiGar's Final Fusion.

RX-78-2 Gundam standing up for the first time.

4. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Spike vs Vicious in the final episode of Cowboy Bebop!!!!

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that holds true for the debut of most hero Gundams, actually. The Strike Gundam, rising up against a backdrop of flames was a powerful image, as was the Freedom's "guardian angel" entrance. And you can't forget the sequence of the Wing Zero unfurling its wings in Endless Waltz.

Having just watched Eureka seveN episode 32 "Start It Up" just last week, the debut of the Nirvash Spec 2 against TheEND was one of the most exhilarating sequences I've seen to date. Studio BONES's animation crew was in top form as always, delivering yet another dizzying and gloriously animated battle sequence, but it was further bolstered by the emotional resonance of Renton and Eureka in their first battle where they were truly together. It was simply amazing how good that scene felt.

As far as more basic iconic imagery goes, you can't beat Major Motoko Kusanagi's vertical drop move, as seen at the beginning of the first Ghost in the Shell movie, and again homaged in the first episode of Second GIG, and in Solid State Society.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The first is the only one that I believe is truly iconic, as when it stood up, a whole new genre of anime rose up with it in that one moment.

8. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

The fights between Spike and Vicious in Cowboy Bebop episodes 5 and 26. Nuff said.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

The Going Merry's fate in One Piece. I don't think I've ever been moved emotionally by an anime like I was when I saw that.

10. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Valkysas, that's a good one, but I think a better one from is...

The first time we see a Valkyrie transform. That absolutely has to be one of the most iconic scenes in all of Anime.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    eh, but Gundam predates Macross, and without Gundam, there would be no Macross.

12. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    That doesn't make a Valk's transformation any less iconic of the series, or of anime itself - especially its history in North America.

I'd like to chip in Eva-01 berserking, and to a lesser extent, Giant Rei Head. The qualification on that second one is that it's not terribly important, but anyone who's seen End of Eva knows what you mean when you shudder a little and say "Giant Rei Head".

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    oh, its iconic, I just dont think it's "better" as he stated.

14. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

True. But Macross does take the cake on transformable real robots.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    GOLDION CRUSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

16. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    My mistake, I was actually responding to pinoy, in describing a moment from Macross that I felt was more memorable. I somehow mixed you two up. :eek: 

17. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Gundam's final kill shot that destroys the Zeong's head is by far the most recognizeable I can think of.

Also, Spike's "bang" at the close of Bebop is really up there as far as iconic anime moments go.

18. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Perfect Blue's Mimarin/photographer murder scene-insane, and the music makes it even more chilling.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Fullmetal Alchemist, the scene where he makes his first kill in that mansion. Can't remember names at the moment for some reason, but the way that whole scene played out was just mind-blowing. Enough that it sticks in my head ever though I remember very little of the rest of the series. I really need to watch that again.

20. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

You mean when Ed fights Greed?