Iacon One Guests Update: David Sobolov and Scott McNeil!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Free Trader, May 4, 2006.

1. Free Trader

Free Trader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    May 3, 2006:

The Stasis Lock group is proud to announce our complete voice actor guest lineup for Iacon One, celebrating the 10th anniversary of Beast Wars: (For pre-registration and other information, visit the Iacon One web site today!)

1) Previously announced, VENUS TERZO, the voice of the femme fatale Blackarachnia on "Beast Wars" and its sequel, "Beast Machines".

Venus is well-known for several other voiceover roles, such as the title role in the English dub of "Ranma 1/2", and Jean Grey on "X-Men Evolution".

Venus has also worked in feature film, movies of the week, and a variety of television series; In 1999, she won a Leo Award for Best Actress for her work on "Da Vinci's Inquest" as homicide detective Angela Kosmo in "Da Vinci's Inquest", a role she reprised in "Da Vinci's City Hall".

[​IMG]

2) Joining us for his first Transformers fan convention appearance, DAVID SOBOLOV, the voice of the intense Maximal 'anti-hero' Depth Charge on "Beast Wars"!

David's other television voice credits include the title role in the "Robocop: Alpha Commando" series, Lord Tyger from "Spider-Man Unlimited", and Sergei in the English dub of "Key the Metal Idol". His voice can be heard on many radio ads, movie trailers, and documentaries.

David has also contributed voices to some of the video game industry's hottest games, including Everquest II, Call of Duty, Homeworld, and 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

[​IMG]

3) Finally, a Beast Wars celebration just wouldn't be the same without fan-favorite guest SCOTT MCNEIL. "The voice of Beast Wars," Scott provided the voice of not one but FOUR regular characters on Beast Wars - Dinobot, Rattrap, Silverbolt, and Waspinator.

Scott reprised the voices of Rattrap, Silverbolt, and Waspinator in "Beast Machines", the sequel to "Beast Wars", and has continued to add Transformers voices to his resumé, including Jetfire in "Transformers Armada", Strongarm (and again as Jetfire) in "Transformers Energon", and Snarl and Backstop in the current "Transformers Cybertron" series.

Outside of Transformers, Scott's many voice credits include Wolverine from "X-Men Evolution", Ace the Bathound and Ignatius in "Krypto: The Superdog", Koga in the English dub of "Inuyasha", Beast Man, Clawful, Mer-Man, Ram Man, Stratos, and Kobra Khan on "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", Vulture, Electro, and Lester from "Spider-Man Unlimited", and many, MANY more!
    Scott has also appeared in a variety of live-action series and other projects including The Green Chain, Stargate SG-1, Strange Frequency, The Outer Limits, Highlander, Viper, and The Commish.

[​IMG]

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know, I've just never really been excited by Voice Actors. I mean, I appreciate what they do, and I'll love to hear Welker or Cullen 'cause of their iconic status, but short of that...not really my thing.

3. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nice Roundup of actors! Should be an amazing show. Scott McNeil played some awesome characters on Beast wars. SILVERBOLT! Nice

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Wow nice lineup.

I use to think the same until I started going to the conventions back in '04. Every voice actor Ive met has been super friendly and love to chat it up with the fans.

Why do I get the feeling that this will mean that Scott won't be attending Botcon.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I wish there would be a freaking Transformers-related convention in Atlanta.

6. ArmadaSideswipe

ArmadaSideswipe Well-Known Member

Don't forget now, that Scott McNeil played Hoenheim in my favorite show ever, Fullmetal Alchemist!

Check this video, McNeil fans; it's fellow Fullmetal Alchemist voice actor Vic Mignogna making Scott a member of the "Risembool Rangers".

Scott is the man. I don't get why some people think his vocal range is limited. Please don't compare him to Welker, peoples.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lol  that was GREAT

How could anyone think Scott's range is limited :confused:  :confused: 

8. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy MechaCon Organizer

Still debating on whether to attend IaconOne or BotCon.

Though... IaconOne does have the ever-lovely Ms. Venus Terzo appearing. :thumb