Minor/Repaint: IACON/KAON Display Base

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jestermon, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

So my gf and i moved about 3 months ago, and just have started sorting through all our crap.

She had this cell phone packaging that I told her would make a neat little city, we had played LIFE a few nights before and it made me think of those buildings.

So I wasthinking about making small holes and making a city, but today I was thinking about the idea I had for the shelves I bought.

I bought the cheap plastic heavy duty stands at Wal-Mart, there huge and have all these random holes in them.

I had the idea to get seperate little pieces to make themed bases.

So here is the outcome, I used 2 Zoid parts, but the rest I am trying to actually use those junk pieces of styrene I keep and never seem to use, trying to make it minimal effort and not waste any detaield pieces just scraps.

Will paint it up after, I tried to keep the Autobot side squarish and the Decepticon side with round pipe sections to make it look like the industrial crappy polluted part of the planet.

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I like the idea of using stuff that will most likely sit in a landfill forever but I'm kind of trying to figure out how these will work in a display setting since even legends size figures are too big for them. Am I not seeing something here or maybe just missing the point?

Don't get me wrong I think as just stand alone mini cities they seem pretty cool so far.

3. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

I think it fits the legends nicely :) ...not the scout though and u did a great job BTW a very nice idea and u saved these guys from the dump ;) 

4. jestermon

Well, I skipped the city idea and now it is more of a one size fits all.

Picture a random hunk of cybertronian sidewalk/walkways and any size fits on it.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    did you meaqn to put the decals on before you paint? i ask because the styrene additions dont match colorwise. i would just try to cover the inside-out wording you can see on the top, add some paint and youve got a winner!

6. jestermon

Yes I am just going to paint the styrene add ons, the metal color looks good already.