I100% agreed with this

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Jul 12, 2009.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ugh two years old, but there are a few key points in there, but he forgets g1 isn't the only transformer cartoon out there......ugh

3. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Yeah I pretty much agree with most of that.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    :rolleyes: 

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    He's right. Wonder how he felt about part 2 having even MORE stupid human characters.

This also reminded me of just how much better the first movie was.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

....uh what? How did it have more humans?

Most of the new characters took the place of a previous character from the first movie. If anything, I'd say the cast of humans was at best, the same. Though I'd say there were less humans in the cast, really. I don't count the innumerable soldiers shown in the fight scenes, they had no lines and no real impact on the film or the storyline.

Some of the complaints about these movies are just grasping at straws.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    There was more human screen time. The soldiers during the final battle AND YES, THEY COUNT had way more screen time. Leo had an annoying amount of screen time. As did Sam's parents.

So people that act like the final battle DIDN'T focus more on humans are the ones grasping at straws. You're flat out wrong.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Wow. Chill.

I seriously fail to see how the humans during the final battle really had any impact on the story and screen time. You saw them firing weapons and using machinery, but no dialogue, no impact. So again, I don't see how the humans this time around had a great deal of screen time, outside of Sam and the TF07 costars. Optimus won the final battle, Jolt fused Optimus and Jetfire together, Ironhide and Sideswipe were on the front lines, two of Arcee's components were blown to hell (pretty much), Bumblebee took on Rampage AND Ravage at the same time. So...where is it that the humans had any real impact?

Aside from the Secretary being a total dick to Optimus in the hangar, and then falling out of an airplane in a rather hilarious scene, I don't see how the added human characters really took over the film. Sam, his parents, Mikaela, Epps, and Lennox were an important part of the first film, so it's expected they'd return for the sequel. Leo replaced the tree climbing doofus from the first film, and had some very funny moments when interacting with Simmons and the twins.

I think you're only seeing what you want to see. I think you looked for every conceivable flaw and went digging around for them. You just HAD to find them, even if they weren't there.

I mean, c'mon, the first 50 minutes of the first film was nothing but Lennox, Epps and their team, jump cut to Sam, jump cut to Keller, and back, and forth, and back. Blackout had a pivotal role, but only because he was the very first Transformer to appear on screen. Bumblebee, we didn't even see until Barricade decided to throw Sam around like a rag doll, Frenzy had one really good scene on his own, and the rest was nothing but humans.

How in the hell can ROTF have more humans and more human screen time compared to the first film? The Autobots and Decepticons are spread throughout the entire running time, and Optimus beats the hell out of three Decepticons in the forest battle. No humans aside from Sam. In TF07, you'd have had Lennox and Epps and their crew firing magnesium sabot rounds, and calling in Raptor air strikes. In ROTF, Optimus handled it all by himself.

There was a much, much better balance of robot to human screen time. The humans dominated the first film, a film called Transformers, and the damn things don't even really show up until the last 1.5 hours of the film. The first half of that movie is so slow, so boring, it's like having your teeth pulled.

I just watched the damn thing again the other night. It wasn't nearly the fun experience I had with ROTF. I quickly remembered why I barely like the first film. I gave it 3.5 out 5 in another thread due to the sense of wonder and wow. That was ALL that saved the first film. Bay got damn lucky the second one was a hell of a lot better. If he had made TWO TF movies like the first one, the box office take would be a hell of a lot smaller and would be a financial and critical failure.

The people of the world have spoken. ROTF is a hit. It's accumulating even more money as we speak. Critics reviews be damned.

One of the selling points for this one? More robot screen time. They promised, they delivered, they have a hit on their hands.

9. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the reboot of something that is both awesome and invites the audience to see into the characters instead of constantly trying to gross them out.

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The first film actually focused on Transformers WHEN they were onscreen. In the stupid, dragged out final battle of the new film, we had soldiers shooting down Decepticons while Ironhide, Ratchet and Jolt just stood around. It was the military featuring the Autobots. Prime's battle with The Fallen was over in a millisecond.

Aside from the awesome forest battle, everything else was brief. Very brief. The first film gave screen time to the Autobots without showing them as the military's pet cars.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only video review I've seen regarding ROTF was from KalelPrime, which included a few of his friends. It was fairly objective and I think the differing opinions - especially since they ranged from casual observers to hardcore followers - was a nice touch and helped give the review more credibility as opposed to message board mudslinging.

That's probably the only productive discussion I've seen that pertained to either of the live action movies.

12. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

That was a great review of the 1st movie, and i agree with most of what he said.

As for this on going argument of the films i have but one thing to say.

It`s a movie and we should just be happy to see them bringing the transformers to us in live action yes it would be nice if the transfromers got more screen time but who cares we still get to see some kick ass movies with the things we all love. Now put our differences aside and remember we`re all entitled to our own opinion and what you may hate about some movie some one may love.

Were all TF fans here so people please let this bickering go. `till all are one`

13. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

it would be nice if the designs of the robot were better.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sigh, welcome to 2006...

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I remember watching this. Looking back, I kind of like what he thought the first movie was going to be about.