I yelled at people in the theater :D

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    So watching DOTM in IMAX 3D and rubbing my wallet where the $19.00 ticket bit it, there were idiots that would clap when stuff would happen. The first time they did it there was dialog after the scene that I missed. I stood up turned around and announced that the people clapping needed to shut the hell up or they owed me $20. Another seen came up and a few people started to clap, then stopped. I even heard a dad shoosh his kid (who kept kicking me in the back if the seat till I leaned back on his knees).

I am glad I was able to shut up these disruptive a-holes and even had a few people stopped to thank me after the movie.

Any tales of getting morons to stop clapping through your viewing?

2. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    ill be seeing the film in a hour and a half... ...I sure hope i don't have any stories...

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

amen to you, man.

I cant stand that childish behavior. clapping in a theater? for who? lmao. its so pathetic.

luckily this time i didnt have any issues, or i would have done the same (like i had to do for the first movie)

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

:rock  That's how we do it! We keep those assholes in line at TFW.

My theater was much more pleasant. The only thing was that I was shoulder to shoulder with a family, and their kid would not shut the hell up. But everyone was friendly and enthusiastic, we would clap at the end, laugh together during the funny scenes, and you would here an occasional "Oooh!" during death scenes.

Well worth the tickets!

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Clapping at the end, while still pointless, I have no problem with, you really aren't missing anything, except some Linkin Park, so by all means, clap all you want at the end of DOTM lol

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The entire cinema room i was in was filled with "booing" and afterwards they all complained and asked for refunds (Including myself) The front row was filled with a childrens party consisting of 7-10 year olds. All of whom had already seen the film, and chose to shout out "This is the part where ---- dies" or "Go f**k them up Optimus" or the woman who sat next to me (Obviously dragged along, who chose to look up wikipedia on her phone and share all the spoilers with everyone in the cinema)

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard a story about a guy yelling unnecessarily at people in a theater. Other than that, everyone in my theater seemed to have a great time.
    Word like 'entire' and 'all' seem a bit like hyperbole.

8. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

My mates were talking and laughing a lot during the previews, and I had never seen a movie with the 2 of them before so I didn't know if they were the type to talk and make comments throughout the entire course of a movie. Needless to say, I promptly leaned over and jokingly threatened to cut their balls off if they were going to do it during the movie. They went quiet. :D 

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Their was kid running around up and down the stairs and as soon as Sentinel was down, people just started clapping a little. I was pissed.

Little bitches ruining movies.

10. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Oh so you were the guy that yelled? I should have taken the light shield and hood off of my smart phone to annoy you while I live blogged the movie.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Not that I don't think you're telling the truth, I just don't think any of that actually happened.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Wooow OP, that's kinda a dick move. I know I LOVE going to opening night with a responsive audeince.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Your dumbass yelling is more immature and disruptive than people clapping and enjoying the film.

14. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see what's bad about clapping, are people not allowed to enjoy the film and have a good time? Most of the room I was in clapped when Ironhide shot the dread in the face. I noticed The people sitting next to me laughing at the people clapping, I guess they were making fun of the hardcore fans. I clapped when Bumblebee killed Soundwave and the ending.

15. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    At least you guys didn't have assholes at the beginning of the film throwing around an inflateable beach ball, thank god some guy took that shit out.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide can take care of that much more appropriately :ev: 

17. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Hey, I love it when the audience is responsive to stuff that happens in the movie. We all shared a collective laugh when funny stuff happened, a gasp when horrible shit went down, and clapped when the bad guys bit the bullet. And clapped at the end too. We freaking cheered when OP started kicking ass too.

18. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    You don't see what's wrong about clapping over dialog?
    Lemme splain

First off, clapping as defined:
    clapping
    present participle of clap (Verb)
    1. Strike the palms of (one's hands) together repeatedly, typically in order to applaud: "Agnes clapped her hands"; "the crowd clapped".
    2. Show approval of (a person or action) in this way.

Now by this definition it is an act of congratulations. This being a movie theater and literally miles (could be 10's could be 1000's) away from anyone involved with the creation of the scene that just merited your approval, puts you well out of ear shot of said individuals that have earned your praise.

If you say that you are congratulating them on a spiritual level, then please, a silent prayer will be just as effective.

Now if you are clapping because you have seen something you like. I know a small class of kids that do the same thing when they eat all of their applesauce or make boom-boom. If this is the case I will introduce you and you can all clap at the squirrel that just ran by.

Now that we have established the pointlessness of clapping in this context, let me outline what was really wrong with this instance.

During movies actors will speak lines of dialog that will sometime contain important information to the plot. Now while I was told to "shut my brain off" I was unable to do this (hence the fact that I did not clap when the concessions lady dropped a whole bag of popcorn and it looked like snow, which I like). So when watching this movie the "words-part" is actually rather important to me. So when the aforementioned "people" began clapping after the correct area of their brain was properly stimulated by the correct color/sound/smell I was unable to hear the dialog that was included in the price of my ticket, thus resulting in an effective partial theft of my ticket price.

To protect any further damage to the value of my seat/3D glasses, I communicated with the "clappers" in a manner they would understand i.e. threats. Having the desired effect for the remainder of the movie.

That is what is so bad about clapping. :D 

Questions?

Lol U Mad?

19. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I went to the big ass IMAX theater in Seattle, and it had a great environment. Everyone clapped at the very beginning when the film started up, and again during the title screen. Everyone laughed at the funny moments, and you could actually hear moments of awe and surprise during certain scenes, which I've never witnessed at any other film I've been to. And there was a lot of clapping at the end.

This was a sold out IMAX event so there was a huge amount of people, and just about every single one clapped and laughed at the right moments. There was no hollering, no cat calls (thankfully) during Rosie's scene, no spoilers. No dialog was obscured because the mvie was louder than all hell.

I'm usually one who hates people making noises in a theater, but this one struck all the right chords at the right times.

20. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

"There seems to be a douchebag infestation, shall I terminate them?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.