I wouldn't doubt it that Aliens built the pyramids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Ok maybe not robots but I was watching something on the History Channel about how Aliens may have come into contact with early humans. One of the ideas discussed was the Giza Pyramids. There are a few things I learned about them:

1. The largest Pyramid (The one with the Sun Harvester in the movie) lines up exactly with the equator and the prime meridian and even lines up directly with a compass, a device that wasn't invented untill a few thousand years later.

2. Archaeologists say it took 22 years to build these pyramids. We can't even accomplish something like that in 22 years. That would mean we would have to cut and transport a massive brick every 9 seconds. It's impossible.

There is also something like a landing strip archeologists found in egypt. Why would ancient egyptians need a landing strip for? Egyptian heiroglyphs show workers in a pyramid holding up lightbulbs to lite the tunnels of the pyramids. It's the only way to see inside the pyramids too. Mirrors wouldn't work after a certain distance and there is not enough oxygen to support fire.

[​IMG]

There are hundreds of pyramids all over the world, how come they all share just-about the same design when these cultures were seperated by massive oceans and time?

There are pictures in Machu Pichu of an emperor in what looks like a rocket ship. He is sitting down inside an aerodynamic capsule and his foot is on a petal which makes fire come out the end of the capsule. Look at this picture and tell me it does not look like how astronauts today sit in rockets.

I think the government is hiding something from us. I wouldn't doubt it that we did reverse engineer our technology from alien tech we found. How come all these ancient pictures show rocket ships that look exactly like the ones we use? It can't be coincidence. Nothing on such a scale as this could be coincidence.

Do you think ancient civilizations may have come into contact with aliens?

2. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

The problems with these theories is that they tend to consider that people back then were devoid of technology or machinery of some type.

Of course, it would have been a totally different type of machine than we have today, but just because there is no evidence of such machine doesnt mean they didnt exist.

Also, if they were able to accomplish that it means they had the means to. Knowledge, time, and the tools to do it. Yeah, its puzzling and mysterious, but there must be a rational explanation.

Im not saying aliens are out of the question, although there is no evidence to that, but it not necessarily means they came to help a bunch of loincloth-wearing dudes build a pyramid to bury a dead cat.

There are lots of carvings, glyphs and art where alien-looking figures are depicted, but there is no evidence that confirms it, neither there is any evience to deny it.

Millenia before the pyramids, the world seemed to be a place of far greater splendor than it is today, even when the general idea is that it was primitive. Sure, it wasnt Cybertron or Krypton, but it was certainly a world filled with wonders. Many of the surviving structures and legacies of cultures seem to confirm that. Science, knowledge, the arts, all had an incredible level of development. Its no wonder then how they were able to create such beautiful structures and the like.

The fact that there are several places around the world with architectural structures of similar nature and antiquity means that there was a common knowledge and means to create them, even if they were separated by miles of seawater.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Honestly?

I think a lot about the past is influenced by what we have now. A large strip of bricks like a landing strip. How do we know it's a landing strip? We don't. But it resembles what they look like today, so we take that and apply it to the past and go "Oh wow, that could work!".

Same for the hyroglyphics. UFO's are traditionally, over time, drawn to look like that in the picture. So when we see something in the past that resembles what we see today, we automatically assume that, thousands of years ago, they must have drawn the same picture.

Is it an incredible feat? Yes. But you have to remember ... slavery was huge back then. Really huge. Incredibly huge. Like, to the point that 9 out of 10 people you knew were a slave. You were most likely a slave yourself. Take every single person in the United States, turn maybe a million of them in to soldiers, maybe a few thousand as high class citizens, and the remaining 298,995,000 people were slaves.

Granted, they didn't have nearly 300 million slaves, but the numbers are relatively close to what it would be if in today's society.

4. Spoon

Spoon Banned

If mankind went to space, is it really so implausible that we built a few pointy buildings?

Granted, said pointy buildings are very precise, but that's just what Ancient Egyptians were: Precise.

They could carve level tombs from solid rock, with only a hammer and chisel.

They built an entire city in 4 years.

They revolutionised chariot warfare, and maintained an empire through skillful diplomacy and foreign policy.

They only had one failing, and that was that they didn't discover iron.

Let's face it, the Ancient Egyptians were bloody brilliant.

Oh, but Ahkenaten was totally an alien. He had a funny shaped head. Seriously, look at pictures of him. It's creepy.

5. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Here is the special on youtube: YouTube - History Channel Ancient Aliens 2009 HD 720p part 1

What about the whole rocket ship thing in Machu Pichu? How do you explain these findings? It can't be coincidence, it just can't be.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I'll do some research on Machu Pichu later, but right now, I want a question answered: Why?

Why would aliens go to Earth and help humanity build some buildings?

8. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

We all know that the Predators taught humans how to build and form civilised societies. :thumbs2: 

Seriously, though, I share the opinion that they just had some darn good primitive, yet very advanced, machinery.
    The Egyptians were impressive builders, but why build three pyramids and stop? Their tombs were dug into the 'valley of the kings' (a marvel in itself) instead.
    Many archaeologits even speculate that they are actually remnants of a previous civilisation that reigned before the Egyptians.
    Still they could have made three and then decided ,"its too hard, lets make tombs in the sides of that valley over there instead"! LOL!

I mean, '10000BC' is a fictional movie, just adventure and fun, but based on the idea of an advanced lost civilisation that was responsible for the Egyptian pyramids.
    These peoples originated in Egypt long before the times of Ancient Egypt and like civilisations do, they peaked, collapsed and they migrated all over the world, hence the Incas, Aztecs, etc. They are all very similar, but also very different peoples.
    The people of Ancient Egypt may have adopted the pyramids. Based on true research, but as much as I see the validity of those points, I still think that the ancient Egyptians must have built some kick arse machinery, counter balanced cranes, winches, etc. The alien angle is just not convincing - they did it and one day, we'll find some scratching or peice of info engraved or written somewhere that will tell us how.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    For the lulz?

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I thought the primary theory was that the Pyramids were too public, and thus to easy a target for tomb robbers, so they decided to relocate to the VoK (COINCIDENCE?!?!). Of course, that didn't really stop the tomb robbers, at all.

As for the pyramid design being universal, well that's obvious, innit? It's a design that symbolises mankind reaching for the heavens.

11. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

They are intergalactic good samaritans...? "Poor race. Not know how to build, we show them to build!"

True, that rings a small bell about the 'too public' thing. The pyramid design, well, yes, thats obvious I guess.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Technically speaking, they made a crapload, over a crapload of time, culminating in the three at Giza.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

They also started with the stepped design.

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm more interested in what happened to the Mayans. They just all disappeared one day. Literally. There's belief that they migrated due to famine, but no hard evidence to support that, as no area shares the same Mayan architecture or pottery.

Oh. Except Egypt.

15. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I thought it was believed that the Mayans were one of the only South American civilisations that didn't disappear, on account of their decentralised social structure, and that they continued to resist the Spanish, and even today Mayan descendants live in South America.

16. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

The Great Pyramid lines up with the compass points, but you don't need a compass to find those (it's just a lot easier, especially if it's, say, cloudy).

It's comprised of something like 2.3 million stones, which means that if it took 22 years to build, then it's a block every few minutes, not 9 seconds (assuming 10 hour work-days). While that's still pretty impressive, keep in mind that they figure there were about 100,000 people working on it, which is an equally impressive number. 100,000 people can get a lot of work done.
    If they're organized well enough, they can also get a lot of simultaneous work done, which is really the key part. It's misleading to quote some block-per-minute count, because it implies that they're only cutting and then moving them one at a time, which they almost certainly were not doing if they've got thousands upon thousands of workers at their disposal.

And I don't really get what aliens would want with big stone pyramids, either.
    They didn't really disappear. They did abandon a whole bunch of their largest cities at one point and nobody really knows why, but the people themselves were still around hundreds of years later when the Spanish showed up. Hell, there's still a few million Mayan descendants living today. Edit:
    Yeah, this. I seem to remember reading that their big centralized 'empire' collapsed at one point, and then much later they ended up giving the Spanish the most trouble because the conquistadors couldn't just depose a single ruler and be done with it; they had to deal with hundreds of individual Mayan tribes.

17. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Maybe they just wanted to see what a planet looked like with nipples?

Hush, I'm tired and stressed.

18. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

I watched the first few videos; it takes some serious imagination to see that as a rocket ship. For one thing, the part that they later describe as the "engine", if you look at it right side up instead of turning it sideways as they've done, is a large face similar in design to the one that's at the center of the Mayan calendar they show later. Face, not engine.
    And amongst all the talk of the carving on his sarcophagus supposedly representing him as an alien, they fail to mention that it was, of course, opened quite some time ago and found to contain very human remains.

I usually enjoy watching this kind of thing even though I never believe the vast majority of it, but I had to stop after part 5 when they showed a 16th century map that they described as being "so accurate" that it could only be the work of an advanced civilization... despite the fact that it clearly depicts South America and Antarctica as a single joined land mass (among other large problems).
    So not only could we not have built some of our most enduring and inspiring achievements without alien assistance, but the assitance was actually just the equivalent of a teenage alien prank.
    "Human slaves, we command you to... heh, erect, heh heh... giant nipples!"

19. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Aliens decorate their most powerful weapons with testicles, why not give a planet nipples?

Perky nipples, at that.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

So these aliens were essentially a sort of galactic Beavis and Butthead? I like that.

Do I think ancient civilisations were influenced by aliens? No. The total absence of evidence (apart from "Look! This picture looks kinda like a flying saucer!" :rolleyes: ) says no, unless we're willing to attach equal weight to every screwball hypothesis. Maybe Walt Disney travelled back in time, established himself as each Egyptian ruler and was responsible for the whole thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.