I would not love it as much,

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by siekone, Apr 8, 2009.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    I was just watching old episodes while I painted tonight and I realized if there was not so many g1 nods would this show be as good as it is?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. You could remove all the loving hints and nods to previous series and it would STILL be amazing.

I do love all the little nods though

3. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here its cracking stuff.

4. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

it's a good show beacause characters have souls (or rather sparks :p  ) and they're specific, have they're stories, likes and dislikes, they're all acting in different ways. Good characters make good shows.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course.

The storyline and characterization is just too awesome, with out without G1 nods.

Hell you could even rename and redesign all characters that I'd still watch it, my favorites are new anyway (Lugnut, Bulkhead and Sentinel).

6. AMG

AMG Old School

The characters and story are what I really enjoy about this series. The homages are a very nice touch and I do enjoy them. But the show would still rock regardless, homages or not.

7. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I'll be honest - the G1 voicework really appeals to me. Whether it's the impressions like Starscream and Magnus, or the returning cast like Arcee and Shockwave. It would still be a good show without them, but I probably would not like the show as much as I do if they were missing.

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Yes, the show would be as good.

But all the homages make it like a treasure hunt that increases the enjoyment immensely for me. So no, while I would like it, I wouldn't love it quite as much without them. In fact, having the main characters be homages and NOT have other ties to the rest of the series would tend to irritate me.

--Moony

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    For as much I as do LOVE Animated, no, I don't think it would be as good without all of the G1 nods & homages. At least not for me. I'd probably still enjoy it, but if it wasn't because of the G1 stuff being included, I don't know how much of a chance I would have given it. Between Starscream & Megatron's relationship, Starscream's voice being a dead ringer to Chris Latta's original version, Grimlock's voice also being a near dead ringer, Cory Burton voicing Shockwave again, Judd Nelson voicing Rodimus again, John whatshisname Jr. voicing Blurr again, Susan Blu voicing Arcee again, Magnus sounding shockingly similar to Robert Stack's version, Weird Al taking over Wreck-Gar's voice as a nice homage to the original movie scene where WG was dancing to Weird Al's music, MANY cool little cameos of G1 characters like Spike, Daniel & Carly, Sludge being used as an oil company logo, TORQ being the background image in a video game that Bumblebee was playing, Starscream's clones all cleverly being homages of original Seeker characters, the original G1 transformation sound returning, and the basic use of colors and/or alt modes of many of the characters' original G1 counterparts... it's like one long & completely awesome G1 tribute. Now if I imagine Animated without all of those elements, it's just not the same show and would not be even half as enjoyable. Personally speaking of course.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think it would be AS good, but not bad.