I would like a proper (deluxe) Trailbreaker (by any relevant name)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gargunkle, Dec 8, 2010.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Anyone else feel this way? Trailbreaker has been long in coming. I am totally up for a new mold for Generations or a similar line, but I might cave in and make a custom. My leading choices for a possible mold to use for a custom would be HftD Ratchet/Rescue Ratchet or Movie Stockade. Neither is really great for the character though.

Since they have filled in the rest of the first year characters like Wheeljack and Jazz, I figure Trailbreaker really should be given proper treatment too, but we haven't seen any announcements.

(I know there's an upcoming Legends figure, but that's just too small for him.)

2. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

And it's not like they couldn't IMMEDIATELY turn around and paint it green and orange, slap a new head on it and call it Hoist... Another one we need...

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's left out of the 84-85 cars? Trealbreaker, Hoist, and Skids? Is that it? I wish they'd do them so we can move on to 1987 and 1988...

Of course, we still don't have all the minibots, but still...

4. Cay

Cay Growling Tiger

If you don't count the legends class figure, Trailbreaker's the only one missing from the 1984 Autobot cars. Huffer and Gears for the 1984 mini-cars are missing as well. Still no Skids and Hoist for the 1985 Autobot cars.

I do have faith that these 5 characters will eventually get the proper Classics treatment. :D 

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I'm sure many people feel that way... and I expect it will happen, he's a top missing candidate and they've got a name to slap on him now and a remold as Hoist makes double use of the mold.

Huffer's sorta covered by Botcon and PCC, so don't know if I really expect another one of him, even with the Pipes re-use option.

Gears could be a new mold and re-used as Swerve, but he could also be a re-use of Kup... maybe we'll see a Gears-like alternate head on Kup's instructions.

I wonder what they could/would do for Skids? Possibly a repaint(new head remold?) of U2 Ironhide(please no!) or of the potential Trailbreaker mold? Not sure I'd see a new mold for Skids, especially with an alt mode that'd likely be similar to the potential deluxe "Trailcutter". For now, E.Towline(in vehicle mode) is my "Classics+" stand-in.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It might take another 2 or 3 years, but I think it'll probably happen in due course.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    The only thing that would justify TB's new name would be if he had a flip out saw, that being said, I would like to see a new TB, and a shockwave.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Minibots you were saying?

Well, I don't have anymore shelf space for those...

Not when they're the size of Ultras. *Think Powerglide* :redface2: 

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I proudly carry the Trailbreaker flag in hopes he'll finally get some much overdue love. He was always one of my favorites from the first year, I think what scares them off is how monochrome he is. When you see toys like Energon Ironhide and Cybertron Backstop's gray plastic tinted with some random color, that's Hasbro refusing to release gray unless they have to. Same reason Nemesis Prime's went from black and gray to black and tan.

But hell, at this point WHY doesn't he have one? We've had Swerve as an Alternator and his only screen time was getting stomped by Trypticon but no real Trailbreaker...

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'd like one too. TB was one of my favorite TF toys when I was a kid.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    He hasn't had one at least partly because of name issues. Universe Wal-mart Spychanger Ironhide is painted as Trailbreaker, but they couldn't use the name. Alt. Swindle's head was actually scultped to be Trailbreaker, but they couldn't use the name. Cyb. Overhaul was meant to be Trailbreaker(hence his upgrade being Leobreaker), but they couldn't use the name. Now they've come up with the alternate name Trailcutter.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trailbreaker and Hoist are the new Wheeljack and Jazz.

Poor Skids.

Gears would be fine as a Kup remold. We have Botcon Huffer.

13. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm confident that Trailwhoever will follow Jazz in getting a Legends figure first, before being deservedly upsized.

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Planter's Trailbreaker Mix

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Eh, I'm honestly not too concerned about him. Hasbro most likely knows we want one, so he'll eventually trickle his way out. As for Skids, I'm thinking Universe Prowl repaint.

17. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gee, another "I want a Classics [insert name]" thread. Didn't see that one coming.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yep, Do want Traibreaker. I'm sure we'll get one eventually, especially since it's easy repaint/ remold fodder. Personally I'd hope for a Voyager mold. But beggars can't be choosers of course. Deluxe is better than Legends.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    skids from prowl? i would think ironhide/ratchet would be closer to his alt mode

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Sooooo want Hasbro to make a proper TB. can't wait to see one-though do you think that they would use Kup to make a Trailbreaker, or go all new mold?