I wonder what the car race at the National Mall was supposed to be. (SPOILERS?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TornadoQuakeX, Jul 13, 2011.

1. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I don't know if you guys remember, but Bay asked DC if he could do a car race around the National Mall for this movie, but was denied.

Maybe Optimus chasing Sentinel? I remember Bee, Mirage and Sideswipe being there. Maybe they were going to chase some newly formatted protoforms?

What do you guys think?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Shame that the car chase around the National Mall was denied. That would have been a cool scene to see, even though that chase on the freeway with the Dreads was pretty cool as it is.

I would imagine that the car chase around the National Mall would have been Bumblebee, Dino, and Sideswipe chasing the Decepticons. I really couldn't see Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime having a chase around the National Mall.

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Since DOTM is already out perhaps Nelson wouldn't see a problem with sharing what it originally was meant to be with us.

4. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

5. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no clue. But it would be cool to find out.

6. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

You're probably right, since the Autobots do fight the invading Decepticons as they come through the Spacebridge in the novel and comic adaptation, until Prime tells them to retreat because there are too many Cons.

The "Autobots retreat!" line is in the final movie, but felt weird since we don't see the other Bots do anything in that scene.