i wonder what botcon 2008's exclusives will be.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Bass X0, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    they can't use any movie toy (apparently) because of licensing agreements. and they won't be able to use animated or classics '08 toys either because they would be too new.

more classics from existing molds then? perhaps a few 6" titanium toys then?

i wonder what movie toys aren't covered by license issues. real gear?

2. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Wreckage, Megatron, Starscream, Brawl, Leader Brawl, Voyager Megatron, Swindle, Dreadwing, Arcee, Scorponok. All the rest seems to be licensed, and I am not sure about BRawl.

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Actually, most of those are off limits, too. We're not just talking about licensing from the vehicle companies, but from Paramount, too.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I vaguely suspect that car-exclusive Swerve showing up, but I really don't know what kind of legal hoohah it may or may not be covered in.

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I wonder if Longarm, Dropkick, and the other game-based guys are restricted, too? I still think we'll see a Longarm-as-Hoist repaint at some point, although I could see that being an official retail repaint as well.

But yeah, otherwise, tough call given the timing this year. I suspect it'll be more repainted Classics, probably from more Cybertron molds. Everyone went gaga over extended Classics last year, I'm sure they'd do the same this year.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=147511 :D 

Personally, I'm hoping for more Classics, like Wingsaber, Wheeljack, Goldbug, Wheelie, and Seaspray, or if they can use some of the Animated stuff, have the set be Wingsaber, Blaster & Steelwing (basically laserbeak in Steeljaw colors), Wheeljack, Goldbug, and Wheelie :thumb .

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated starscream as the seekers we don't get.
    Animated bumblebee as bugbite.
    Starscream mold as dreadwing, with a re-molded head.

8. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Most TFW'ers would not be pleased if Titaniums were used, seeing the general opinions from the latest Titanium Soundwave thread.

How about 5 Revoltech Transformers!?

Oh wait, that's Revoltech, Hasbro can't use them as exclusives?

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I wonder if they'll even touch Classics at all considering the backlash of what happened with the Seekers. If they do, I suspect it will be some sort of "same character - different repaint" ala Clear Mirage rather than any more exclusive characters.

All I want out of the next Con is the cancelled 6" Titanium War Within Skywarp. If that means I have to pay $100 for it, so be it.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    1.Classics 2.0 comes most like out after bot con so those chances are screwed
    2.Animated whould be fine too use I could really see blaster in the line
    3.If what you say whould be the reason then where gonna have too turn too altenators/classics(not classics 2.0)

11. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By "backlash" you mean they completely sold out? You would think they'd be eager to do more Classics after what happened this past year. I'm hoping for more Classics, some sort of "Reinforcements from Cybertron" sort of theme would be awesome.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd prefer them to stay away from Alternators. I'm not a fan of them, and it would also mean that there would be less exclusives.

13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Indeed, for all the complaints they've gotten from folks who didn't attend/buy the non-attendee package, I can't imagine that matters all that much compared to the reality of sold-out product.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    No, by "backlash" I indeed mean backlash. Classics characters selling out (last year) was a given, but there's no way the success of that kept anyone @ Hasbro or Fun Publications from seeing & hearing the over the top fan outrage because of the character selection. It doesn't matter what the logistics of the decision were, there was (and still is) a lot of backlash - more so than any other previous Con ever. Just seems like a headache they'd avoid this year, especially with the relaunch of Classic 2.0/Universe as a main line happening next year anyway.

I'm not saying they should go one way or another - I just don't personally see them doing it for two years in a row. I'd wager something related to Animated and/or the movie, maybe with a Titanium or two thrown in. Could be wrong - probably am - but it's my theory nonetheless :) 

15. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone think it would be a good idea to remold Classics BB into Rook(a new head) and Bumblejumper(new head and front end)

16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

I doubt that FP would care if they got another round of controversy where they sold everything, and made money. For all the "anger" and "resentment" that they faced after '07 they still SOLD OUT. If they did he same thing, they won't care if 3 guys on teh interwebs make a big stink and refuse to go. As long as the other few thousand show up, FP will probably make it through another night.

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    This is why I made my statement immediately after the one you're responding to, but before you posted this....

18. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Works for Bumblejumper.... Rook? I just don't see it with that mold. Another mold might work well, but not that one.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see it as a BAD idea, but I get the impression FP would rather avoid using the same mold more than one go-round for exclusives. I imagine a lot of people would be annoyed with it as well, even if they were popular choices.

Which makes it seemingly unlikely that we'll see any further seekers (Sunstorm, purple generic) from FP, (could easily be wrong though) but with a Classics resurgence, Hasbro might do that themselves.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    How about Glyph and Tapout from Classics Bee, makes more sense than Rook at least.
    DN