I wonder if this idea would please the G1 fans

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 16, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    How would you react to this G1 movie idea?

Imagine if there was a Transformers movie that was EXACTLY like the G1 cartoons in EVERY possible way.

1) All the characters are the same
    2) There are no name changes and no physical changes made to the Transformers
    3) They Transform exactly the same way
    4) The original score is used
    5) Spike, Chip and Sparkplug keep their original names and wear the EXACT same costume
    6) Alot of the scenes take place in the desert with canyons.
    7) Spike and Sparkplug wear jeans, beige short sleeve shirts, yellow boots and yellow hardhats
    8) All the errors and goof-ups still exist such as seeing two three starcreams in the same shot, or 40 Decepticons flying in the air when they are clearly only really 9 of them (3 Seekers, SW, Megs, 2 casettes, and the 3 Camera guys)
    9) The Action scenes are just as "exciting" as the original cartoons where they hide behind boulders by the mountains and shoot at each other with their laser rifles
    10) All the original sound effects are there
    11) Mass-shifting has a very dominant presence in the film (Megatron transformers to a Walter P38 that fits into another Decepticon's hand and in some cases, a human's hand)
    12) Optimus's trailer just comes out of nowhere and dissappears when Transformed
    13) Sometimes you see discolored Transformers (common error)
    14) Everything is outdated, for example, Soundwave still is a walkman and they still use walkmans in the movie. Jazz is still a 1980s Porsche as opposed to a Boxster or Turbo 911.
    15) All the Decepticons can fly even though you clearly don't see thrusters on them.
    16) The Transformers have way more screen time than the humans
    17) There is a human sideplot which involves a "villain human" teaming up with the Decepticons, such as a corrupt political leader, to wipe out the Autobots and then later Megatron or Starscream double crosses the villain human and then he goes crawling to the Autobots for help

Now that is what I call keeping it true to the original. So just try to imagine what I stated above in live action.

Although I do love the original cartoons, I still think Michael Bay's vision absolutely rocked.

But there are some fans (not all) who are unhappy with it so here's my idea of what would please the G1 fans.

This is not a thread about Bayformers vs. G1. So lets keep cool of the flaming. Its mainly just a vision of what G1 Transformers would look like if it was 100% true to the original, which is what most Hardcore G1 fans wanted (or so they claim since their main pet peeve was all the changes that were made).

So the question to the hardcore G1 fans who are not happy with Bay's vision, how would you react to a movie with what I described?

My reaction? Alot of laugh out loud moments, but thoroughly satisfied, but feeling silly at the same time.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No, they didn't want that. You'll see.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would have made the movie suck.

And you know it! :lol 

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    LOL!! I think it would make a pretty cool/funny movie. Finally we would see a film that didn't "ruin" the original source material

Just think of the 2-D cartoon to be LITERALLY translated into 3-D live action form.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they should remake G1 where:

-most of the story is about humans
    -they show great side plots about pointless hackers
    -Optimus Prime is a wimp compared to megatron
    -'bots who get no screen time die within two minutes
    -impossible to fill plot holes (ok it already has those)

That would make a great cartoon series!

6. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    All joking aside I enjoyed the movie and G1, jtlyk

7. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Or I guess they can just literally take the Original Movie from 1986 and remake that into live-action with the original director and Stan Bush's soundtracks and 80s rock.

8. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I have never seen so much sarcasm in one post. And the sad part is, it's true.

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This would be a bit difficult to accomplish, seeing how a number of the O.G. voice actors are dead...

10. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Thats true

What they could do is take the all the original voice recordings from the cartoons and splice them together to make them say some lines. Although it would be quite limited to what they say but if the writers can just work their magic and make them say lines that are appropriate to the story by putting their voice recordings together, it might work. But of course with the approval of the families and Hasbro, because we don't want to disrespect the deceased.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    sarcasm ftw

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    That would really blow! Can we say "the Power Rangers movie"?

13. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I don't believe that's what most G1 fans asked for at all...

Making a post like this and then asking not to be flamed strikes me as rather naive.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Nah, just take the original audio from the cartoon and paste it in the movie. There ya go.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Plot holes are a Transformers tradition. XD

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Really? We're still doing these kinda threads post-movie?

17. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

It might work but let's keep in mind some of the main things not liked about Bayformers were Sector 7, the Autobots hiding from the parents, and all the Transformers looking like a variant of the Halo Elite. Everything is forgiveable since it is a different cannon between Bayformers and G1.

18. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    All sarcasm aside

I think this idea would work actually idea would work. It would really be Transformers The Movie (live action)

Honestly speaking, I'm not trying to toss negative opinions back and forth but there have been so many movies based off of cartoons, old classic movies, US remakes of foreign films and video game cartoons that didn't work because they made changes or they added things that were not there. In this case, no changes will be made.

I really am curious how fans would react if a movie like this would be made.

I predict non-fans would think its stupid as hell because they won't understand the inside references such as the errors. But G1 fans, like myself, would enjoy it because it is a direct translaction of the 2-D cartoon to live action. I think I would really get a good kick out of it. It might not be action packed and testosterone fueled like Michael Bay's vision but its still a Transformers movie.

When I come out of the theater, I'll be saying, "That was awesome!! That was really Transformers The Movie! HAHA!"

19. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Honestly, that would be the greatest comedy/homage ever made and I would porbably be infinitely entertained.

20. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

These threads are idiotic, regardless of whether you claim it's not about G1 vs. Movie. No G1 fan wanted a direct cartoon-to-movie translation(or even a direct comic to movie translation). Where did anyone say anything resembling that, or imply it?

Most "Geewunners" wanted an alternators style that was upped in detail(bulked out Citreonformer, maybe), or something in between the G1 style and the movie bots we did get. Most Geewunners are happy with Prime(sans flames) and Jazz(sans complete lack of characterisation) but not so much the rest.